It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beware Parents - Canada's new 'gender identity' law.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

Really? You're going to let a 4 year old tell you he's a girl or visa versa? And then you're just going to say 'Ok, go for it'?

Or would you ask who the child had been talking to?

How did you come to feel this way?

What have you been watching on tv, what have you been listening to?

NO CHILD this young has any business thinking about sex, talking about it or QUESTIONING their own. WAY too young.

And if they are you better freakin' find out why - and now!

That's called being a parent to your children not the other way around!

peace

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ConscienceZombie

Very good points - sadly I agree...

On the other hand I hope people keep that in mind when their little boy or girl start feeling something is 'off'.

Get them a better diet, outside to play, make sure no one they're coming into contact with is talking to them about sex at such a young age - LOVE THEM - and go from there.

I wouldn't give them much attention about it or freak out or go all drama on them though.

peace

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Gender dysphoria develops in the womb, anyway.

Bullocks.

Or should I say, 'Do you have any proof of that?'

peace

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Devino

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: rickymouse

I'm sorry, I don't want to be mean, but you don't know what you're talking about regarding sexual orientation and gender dysphoria.

That's okay because, to be honest, I don't think any of us know what we are talking about when it comes to gender identity. I strongly feel it is important to listen and learn rather than shut yourself off and dictate your values, however right or wrong they may be, to everyone around you. I am more concerned with the anger that this subject incites in people than those with gender identity problems.

I appreciate your post, of being willing to be open and learn.

Kaylaluv knows what she is talking about. She is the one you should pay attention to if you really want to learn.

Perhaps you are correct and if this is the case I would be quite impressed. As complicated as gender dysphoria may be I feel the biggest problem has to do with the reactions of hatred and intolerance by so many. I cannot understand why so many care so much about this subject in such a negative way even though it will most likely never affect them.

The maker of this thread, for instance, is still fixated on the gender identity portion even though his source clearly shows that this is far more complicated.

It requires child protection, foster, adoption service providers, and judges to take into account and respect a child's "race, ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic origin, citizenship, family diversity, disability, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression."
Notice also that it identifies "child protection, foster, adoption service providers, and judges" and not biological parents. Not claiming that this law could not be used against biological parents but I think the intent is clear.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

I have to agree, how could they even begin to theorize that? This in my opinion made up dysphoria nonsense beings in utero is laughable. Let alone how would they be able to prove it. Just more of the "they are just born that way" BS. You can be born with a third nipple, not born with a point of view or an idea, that is a matter of conditioning.

(Side note: 1000th comment!)
edit on 8-6-2017 by sycomix because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-6-2017 by sycomix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Devino

Thank you for saying that!

And I hope I'm wrong too. That's the only thing I can think...Because, like you said..there's just soooo much hatred. It's sickening. In the past year there seems to be this sudden green flag for flying off the handle and being openly hateful. The main excuse besides it 'not being normal' is a supposed 'undermining of the Christian way'. It's all about these people feeling threatened. It's all about changing things willy nilly to create too much perversion and chaos. It's so paranoid and silly.

I don't know how many times I hear the question "Whatever happened to men being men and women being women? Whatever happened to good ol' Christian values!" No such thing as good Christian values. Anything regarding love and tolerance or anything that could be deemed as a 'good value' was stolen from common sense prior or other religious beliefs and doctrines anyhow.

There are tons of laws protecting religion but no laws protecting people from religion.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
If anyone thinks a child still in their adolescence can fully understand all the dynamics and nuances of "genders" and what it means and entails. You are extremely, extremely naive.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

See my prior reply to the effect of unil they are 18...

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I'm sorry, I don't want to be mean, but you don't know what you're talking about regarding sexual orientation and gender dysphoria.

I read much of the evidence you are talking about. I also researched the genes involved. The expression of those genes are controlled by what you eat, the enzymes and specific protein concentrations can be altered to some extent by diet. Eat the wrong foods and the expression is altered and a guy becomes more feminine. The sexual urge itself is controllable by belief, but the hormones are not so controllable by belief.

I do know what I am talking about, I actually have spent many hundreds of hours studying the hormones in the body. I study metabolism mostly and in the last three or four years have dipped way into the genetic connection. The people writing those articles saying it is purely genetics are wrong. I probably have more specific research on the interaction of genetics with hormone than they do, because I study everyone's research on both sides of the issue, not just on the side I believe most of.

Genetics do have a somewhat effect on our hormones. I do not make much testosterone, but I do not break it down well either so I test in the lower normal range with blood tests. I tried getting the testosterone shots because the doctor said it might help me because I was tired all the time and couldn't think. Within a couple of months I had gained fifteen pounds and was starting to get issues, but felt better but I had lost a lot of my patients. So I quit it and it took about two months to get back to normal. When I got my genetics done, I searched that almost immediately and found that I do not break down hormones well. Hormone replacement therapy could have killed me if I kept it up.

So what if some of these people share my genetic trait about hormones. Then they start taking hormone replacement therapy. Did you ever think of that? Within a year it could make them very sick and if they have the genes for breast cancer, yes guys get those too, then they can develop estrogen reactive cancer.

You have to look at the whole picture, just because medicine says something is considered safe does not mean it is safe for everyone. Our bodies run in hormone cycles, peaking in our teens, this is when the hormones can be the most messed up, the levels drop in the twenties and the mindset of the person changes. Thank god that we do not have those hormones running through our bodies at such high concentrations when we get old. Hormones effect how people perceive something, even perfume or aftershave pheromones can effect someone's attraction towards the person who is wearing it. Valarian root and a metabolite, valproic acid, can effect someone's sexuality. I can go on and on with hundreds of chemistries that can effect the person's sexuality, but not all of them can effect orientation.

You really should read more on this before accepting a few articles that show it is genetics, carefully read those articles again, everyone I read stated environmental factors were involved along with the genetics., environmental factors include food, scents, and also elements floating around in the air and present in the water. Also beliefs have to be considered. Beliefs can alter how we interpret the chemicals in the environment metabolically. If you have the genes to uptake and produce lots of estrogen then you eat a lot of estrogen promoting foods, a guy will get pinch tits. He will start acting more feminine. It will alter his brain formation, especially when the child is young. Boys and girls cannot eat the same diet most times, If I ate like the wife I would get sick, if she ate what I need to eat, she would be sick. And our genetics isn't even that far off on some of this stuff. You have to look at corrective epigenetic snps when looking at genetics. I won't pay for any evaluations anymore, they fail to look at alternative metabolic and genetic pathways.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
If anyone thinks a child still in their adolescence can fully understand all the dynamics and nuances of "genders" and what it means and entails. You are extremely, extremely naive.

You start with what may be something you could legitimately debate but you quickly crashed and burn with the classic "Here is my point and if you don't agree, you're just dumb! Nananana boo boo stick your head in doo doo!"

Nice try, but no turkey dinner here.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Why is government getting involved in this. Kids do not know anything about gender choice, they should only be able to choose after they are old enough to do it, the human mind does not totally mature till around twenty four years old, at eighteen it is fairly well developed. Kids are too impressionable before that, they could make hasty decisions. They have not developed the ability to reason.

My aunt would rofl after reading that.

Yes kids can be impressionable but sometimes behavior is "locked in" there are some kids who even at a young age feel that they are the wrong gender.

kids do not mature that young that they should be allowed to make changes in gender.

Not quite true because it might be a biological impulse. Does a child choose to be left or right handed? does a child choose to have a peanut allergy? I had a gay friend who knew since he was eleven he wanted to be a woman and was chastised and ostracized by his own family so bad he left home before the age of fifteen (this was a decade before the "craze" people talk about kicked in.)

No matter what gender a child should be they need to be nurtured and if social services believe the parents are not up to scratch then take them away no matter what the circumstances.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I don't think anyone really thinks that.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ReyaPhemhurth

Oh well, not my loss.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Identifying with the opposite gender is a mental disorder. I am sure science would agree if it was allowed to.

Any child that identifies with the opposite sex is likely suffering from a mental disorder brought on from exposure to unregulated exposure to sexual propaganda.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

So if nobody thinks that and agrees that kids don't fully understand yet, whats the debate?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
Identifying with the opposite gender is a mental disorder. I am sure science would agree if it was allowed to.

Any child that identifies with the opposite sex is likely suffering from a mental disorder brought on from exposure to unregulated exposure to sexual propaganda.

Ok Mr. Psychiatrist.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

So if nobody thinks that and agrees that kids don't fully understand yet, whats the debate?

Gender dysphoria is the debate.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Oh well, not my loss.

How is it not?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Well that's something no one can ever prove at this point. One thing we can all agree on is kids don't fully understand, and to say they do, and to let them "choose" would be incredibly...(fill in the blank)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Because whether you agree with me or not has zero affect on me?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join