It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beware Parents - Canada's new 'gender identity' law.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
I'd like to read the actual bill. Is it linked in the OP and I just missed it?

Here's the bill, direct from the source:

Bill-89

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Oh look, more socially progressive liberal awesomeness from my province...

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Another country that has disarmed it's populace. Try that in the US and watch the Shotgun Sing the Song.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

I do not think parents should be forced by the state to allow their kids to make choices they are not mature enough to make yet. I do think the courts should realize kids do make mistakes and that they should be given a break from juvinile crimes initially though. We are talking about similar moral issues here, kids do not mature that young that they should be allowed to make changes in gender.

I mean what the heck. You know how many people I know who are extremely sorry they got 'that' tattoo when they were in their 20's?

I can just hear the conversation... 'Hey, my mom and dad didn't spank my ass and tell me to go outside and play when I was 4 and now I have no penise.'

peace
edit on 2545Wednesday201713 by silo13 because: html fix it

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

Thank you - I was going to go look for it. I appreciate your time.

peace

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen
Ok, you have the floor and all our attention now. First off explain "Trans girl". Were you born with girl parts or boy parts?
I truely hope this remains civil so we can learn from someone who this all boils down to, you!, the human side of this.
SO many questions, you could start your own thread.
Do you easily pass as the gender you believe you are? That seems to make a huge difference in the way people are treated I believe. If an anatomical male wears a dress but is obvious to everyone that it is indeed a man, gets the stares and possible name calling and vise versa. But really looking the part nobody really notices or cares.
Give us the insiders side of this.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
If my son starts wearing dresses and demanding that everyone call him Wendy... they can have him.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Where's Jordan Peterson when you need him.

(post by starviego removed for political trolling and baiting)
+5 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
If my son starts wearing dresses and demanding that everyone call him Wendy... they can have him.

That's okay, she can live with me. I will love her and take care of her.
edit on 7-6-2017 by kaylaluv because: corrected for gender

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

That's okay, he can live with me. I will love him and take care of him.

Promise to make them as witty as the writers of Wendy's twitter account?

Please?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth
a reply to: Mousygretchen
Ok, you have the floor and all our attention now. First off explain "Trans girl". Were you born with girl parts or boy parts?
I truely hope this remains civil so we can learn from someone who this all boils down to, you!, the human side of this.
SO many questions, you could start your own thread.
Do you easily pass as the gender you believe you are? That seems to make a huge difference in the way people are treated I believe. If an anatomical male wears a dress but is obvious to everyone that it is indeed a man, gets the stares and possible name calling and vise versa. But really looking the part nobody really notices or cares.
Give us the insiders side of this.

I'll be your huckleberry...what would you like to know? I'll start here whether or not one "passes" definitely plays a part in how we as "Trans women" get get treated/viewed so yes "passing" does make life easier. As for the trans moniker I personally do not wear it has some sort of distinguishing badge but have no problem referring to myself as such if the subject comes up. I feel like I pass for the most part but sometimes feel insecure about it. My boyfriend and friends reassure me that I do when I do feel insecure about it. Just bought my first two piece bathing suit for a pool party this weekend and I feel pretty good about it. These squats have been paying off lol.

Note to add: I do not agree with the policy being discussed at all, just thought I should make that clear. I also believe that the child would find that voluntarily entrusting their care to the state as opposed to natural born parents may be a grave mistake in hindsight. Depends how strong the dysphoria is I guess.
edit on 7-6-2017 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I'm glad you feel that way.

Your kid deserves better.
edit on 7-6-2017 by Abysha because: clarifying

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

That's okay, he can live with me. I will love him and take care of him.

Awe you're such a wonderful person. The bestest person. We should all aspire to be just like you.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

How sweet of you Kayla. Why not take in some refugee's while you're at it?

Btw, what do you think about the anti-islamophobia motion now?

My city just might be the social progressive capital of the world..

/shrugs

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

The world would be a nicer place.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

(post by kaylaluv removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Thsts not nice, but I laughed anyway

This gender identity thing is getting on my nerves,
I was filling out some forms on the internet this week and the choice was male, female or "other". There is mo "other" unless you're born hermaphrodite there's just no reason to be confused about this.

Although I wouldn't disown my kid over this, I'd still be insulted he/she was switching genders or is it sexes? What happened to "sex" being used on a birth certificate?

What's worse is it's a touchy subject. God knows I can't say how I feel without offending someone. Most likely someone who's been brainwashed to think this is okay and the rest of us must join in, or else.

My daughter is gay and one day I was telling her I'm ok I accept your choice. Oh boy, did that come out wrong! CHOICE? I DID NOT CHOOSE TO BE GAY! I said by choice I actually meant that you choose to come out and not hide, I thought it was admirable and I'm sorry but that was a CHOICE she made. Must not say choice though must use " born this way"

Anyways this bill is wrong.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Sounds like you aren't happy there. Maybe move to Tennessee or Alabama or Mississippi maybe?

You'd probably be happy in Texas, but don't move to Austin. You'd hate it there.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join