It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beware Parents - Canada's new 'gender identity' law.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Devino

originally posted by: ReyaPhemhurth
What I can't accept in the lack of acceptance that comes from your type.
Careful, not accepting nonacceptance is like hating people that hate. Think about it. It's a closed negative loop. I think what's important, here especially, is patience, tolerance and acceptance. Don't get pulled into straw man arguments or red herrings, they will wear you out. This site is full of threads like these.

What was the original topic again? Canada's new 'gender Identity' law, or was it Bill 89? How are the two related?

It's pretty innocent till they jumped to the word "gender".

To recognize that services to children and young persons should be provided in a manner that respects regional differences wherever possible and takes into account,

physical, emotional, spiritual, mental and developmental needs and differences among children and young persons;

a child’s or young person’s race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, family diversity, disability, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression; and

a child’s or young person’s cultural and linguistic needs.

To recognize that services to children and young persons and their families should be provided in a manner that builds on the strengths of the families wherever possible.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Really? Really? So YOUR SOCIETY is to choose the best place for a child? Are you INSANE?

So a 4 year old is on the playground telling a friend 'My mommy made me sit in the corner because I told her I feel like a girl/boy'.

Teacher jumps on it and from there the SOCIETY makes the CHOICE where YOUR CHILD GOES?

I don't give a shat what any of you say - it's WRONG!
I don't think because of this bill the state is taking children away from their biological parents. It appears more to do with foster care and adoption services.

Again, from your Source;

The law, which replaces old laws governing child protection, foster care and adoption services, instructs all child services and judges, to take into consideration...

So what are you arguing here, bill 89 or gender identity? Because the two are not the same as has been pointed out several times.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Devino

If it was passed back in the 50's and earlier it would be the same knee-jerk reaction to "sexual orientation".

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien
The fear in this thread reminds me of those not willing to accept homosexuals because doing so will turn everyone gay. I don't see how accepting gender dysphoria will cause everyone to want to change their sex. Intolerance is the problem here not acceptance.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Devino
The fear in this thread reminds me of those not willing to accept homosexuals because doing so will turn everyone gay. I don't see how accepting gender dysphoria will cause everyone to want to change their sex. Intolerance is the problem here not acceptance.

LOL. We think alike.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   
The whole world's going mad, even grown women have limitations put on them for medical procedures like getting their tubes tied. I had some messed up ways of thinking when I was a kid. Thank God no one empowered that nonsense in my day.

I'm as tolerant as can be, but I recognize madness when I see it. There is an agenda at work here and all you people can't see the forest for the trees.

Facts are facts, there are 2 gender's, male and female, how you feel has nothing at all to do with it. You want to go live your little fantasy? Go right on ahead, but it's also my right to call you out on the nonsense how I see fit. My "feelings" on the matter are as valid as anyone's, don't like them? Too bad I'm not hurting anyone with my opinion, tolerance is a two way street. Not just a one way because you screech the loudest about it.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Be careful Canada, your imperious leader is not what he seems, don't be fooled by the housewife's favourite looks, underneath there's an extremist with an agenda.

Research the man, there's probably a good reason his dad didn't give him all the money...

Carefully look at his policies and who he courts...

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Mclaneinc

According to this article, Nixon predicted it. It's too bad he didn't predict how creepy Ontario would become to the rest of the Planet. It is it's own little demonic hell over there. I prefer where I am, in another country far far away. Another planet would work too.

www.thestar.com...

Sounds like a set up to me.
edit on 9-6-2017 by RisenMessiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Yea where doing fine with less christians in control in this beautiful country, but hey maybe your all for priest rapping kids and the horrors of the government schools with native children.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I agree as well. And the agenda on tv and in the media in general reminds me of a time when television networks were playing with the idea of desegregating within the media. Yes, race and the LGBT community are obviously two very different things in and of themselves, but both have seen struggles.

I see the obvious push and I do see the agenda. But, at the same time, I'm not exactly jumping on the wagon of "This agenda is a terrible thing that threatens Christianity/morality/functional society/etc." I can think of a good many people that didn't want to see blacks and whites mixed in the media setting because they didn't think it was right. Different lyrics but the tune's still the same.

With gender identity, I think there needs to be more support and love for children going through this Instead of labeling them as ill, stunted, depraved and in great need of something like therapy. No child wants to be made to feel broken, not by society and especially not by their own parents and family.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
a reply to: vonclod

Since some are offended to hear this is happening in their own countries? I'll bring it right back to the States.

Washington Schools to Teach Gender Identity Curriculum in Kindergarten

Beginning in Kindergarten, students will be taught about the many ways to express gender. Gender expression education will include information about the manifestations of traits that are typically associated with one gender. Crossdressing is one form of gender expression.

Third graders will be introduced to the concept of gender identity. These children will be taught that they can choose their own gender.

Fourth graders will be expected to “define sexual orientation,” which refers to whether a person identifies as heterosexual, homosexual, or bisexual; they’ll also be taught about HIV prevention.

Children in fourth grade will be told that they can choose their sexual orientation.

Fourth and fifth graders will learn about the relativity of gender roles and why such roles are social constructs that are not inherent to who we are as male or female human beings.

Seventh graders will be expected to “distinguish between biological sex, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation.”

High school students will critically “evaluate how culture, media, society, and other people influence our perceptions of gender roles, sexuality, relationships, and sexual orientation.”

Since you already know my opinion - I'll not repeat myself other than to say schools have NO BUSINESS teaching these children anything. It should be happening in the home. Period.

peace

You should get your articles and sources from places that aren't backed by Christian ways of thinking. It' s blatantly one sided. That organization is known for it's attempt to speak and act out against anything they think threatens the concepts of a "traditional" family. Thus, you will get the famous 'christian brainwashing' excuse. If you believe one way and back it up by articles written by people who believe the same exact way...which is something that has evidence..scientific evidence to the contrary..you should think about getting your sources elsewhere. It's called confirmation bias.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Devino

It wasn't hating on those who hate. I even told he/she that in other posts. I accept that they have a differing view and I told them it wasn't like i'm burning them at the stake. We clarified that we both accepted we have differing views.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

You sure about that?

I am absolutely sure about that.

Again, discerning information in its proper context is paramount to understanding Bill 89, which unfortunately some have not done.

Really? Really? So YOUR SOCIETY is to choose the best place for a child? Are you INSANE?

Society—as in people who have dedicated their careers within a specific field that looks out for the health, safety and overall best interest/welfare of a child—will make an effort to make sure a child who is being abused in any way, shape and form, is removed from that toxic environment and placed in a healthier environment that respects the child's wishes and nurtures the child's overall health.

If you find that INSANE — there are bigger issues on the table concerning your thought-process and/or perspective along with discerning information in its proper context.

Go ahead and re-read the Bill...

www.ontla.on.ca...

From your comment that you highlighted from Bill 89:

The additional purposes of the Act are expanded to include the following:

To recognize that services to children and young persons should be provided in a manner that respects regional differences wherever possible and takes into account, physical, emotional, spiritual, mental and developmental needs and differences among children and young persons; a child’s or young person’s race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, family diversity, disability, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression; and a child’s or young person’s cultural and linguistic needs.

Those who have a problem with that are truly the INSANE ones. Or maybe they just can't understand simple English....
edit on 9-6-2017 by Involutionist because: because my grammar and punctuation SUCKS!

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I have faith and Hope that this is fixed asap before it spreads. These draconian laws must been done away with. I can only see such a law aiding evil and it's agents. Children should have choice yes ,parents both should be respectful and strive to become better people as a whole to come together as one. Those who force kids to do things should be punished I agree. what we need is better protection for our children.A smarter watch dog.

Please Canada I implore You think of the children and the parents. We are all people. WE are better then this.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SynchronousSnake

Relax. They won't take the kids away if the parents disagree with gender identity.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SynchronousSnake
I have faith and Hope that this is fixed asap before it spreads. These draconian laws must been done away with. I can only see such a law aiding evil and it's agents. Children should have choice yes ,parents both should be respectful and strive to become better people as a whole to come together as one. Those who force kids to do things should be punished I agree. what we need is better protection for our children.A smarter watch dog.

Please Canada I implore You think of the children and the parents. We are all people. WE are better then this.

Don't worry. Just read the actual bill. OP made it sound way scarier. The actual Bill won't take away kids willy nilly just because a parent disagrees with their child's gender identity.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SynchronousSnake

I am wholeheartedly thinking of the children and the parents. Something sinister is manipulating them at too much of a young impressional time in their lives and they are made to feel like outcasts in their schools if they willfully and purely don't accept the indoctination in the schools of the LGBTQ agenda.

I would never teach a child to hate ...and to allow others their freedoms as God gives free will.I would also teach a child there are some things you don't have to accept as ok.. but be courageous enough to stand up for your beliefs without harming others.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Yea where doing fine with less christians in control in this beautiful country, but hey maybe your all for priest rapping kids and the horrors of the government schools with native children.

Lets talk about the masonic politicians and many atheists in the upper echelons who have done harm to children and still do ? The horrors of the government have been happening for eons .. its not soley a religious thing.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

The reverse is also true. The LGBT children are made to feel like outcasts.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Ya this is Ontario. I wonder how far down the road to Sodom and Gomorrah this perverted premier Whynn will take us before she is ousted on July 8, 2018. I despise her she is wicked.

new topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join