It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey's Public hearing - opening statement

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Ah, you're right. He addressed the nature of the meeting but not the context. Still, really? "Blatantly lying?" It's an easy enough mistake to make scanning the document and "lying" would require an intent. Mistakes aren't lies. Here's are several examples of lies regarding the firing of Comey:

"he provided strong leadership to act on the recommendation"

-- Vice President Pence

"the President took the recommendation of Rod Rosenstein"

-- Kellyanne Conway to Anderson Cooper

"the President was presented with a pretty clear and direct and very strong recommendation by the Deputy Attorney General, who a lot of people probably don’t know, but the FBI Director actually reports to the Deputy Attorney General. That deputy made the recommendation; the President made a swift and decisive action and let Director Comey go."

-- Sarah Huckabee Sanders to Tucker Carlson.

"The president, when given these recommendations, made a decision to accept their conclusions and to remove Director Comey"

-- Sean Spicer to Lou Dobbs

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Not only that, but Trump then negotiated him to "Honest loyalty" and Comey said "I could give you that."

If it was inappropriate, why would Comey agree to it?

The narrative just has a gazillion holes in it.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

The entire campaign is under investigation in 2 of the 5 investigations.

A bit shifty that. You said that there was no narrative that Trump himself was under investigation - you were wrong. You don't seem able to admit your error. Now Comey has confirmed that he told Trump that he was not under investigation - just as Trump said.
edit on 7/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

They forget someone got some 'splainin to do about unmaksing,reverse targeting, and leaks.
That kind of info doesnt fall from the sky.
I think that is why comey mentioned the big O today.
edit on 7/6/2017 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

The forget someone got some 'splainin to do about unmaksing,reverse targeting, and leaks.
That kind of info doesnt fall from the sky.
I think that is why comey mentioned the big O today.

Interesting today that Rogers said that information about Americans must be purged under FISA rules. They no only unmasked it, they spread it around.. hardly purging. Who handled and passed this information around is THE big story, especially as we now know there was no investigation into Trump and the so called obstruction of justice is a big nothing burger.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Nice deflection. Yes it was blatant lying. She claimed something happened that didn't happen, and not only that, something the document specifically says did not happen. It's either blatant lying or abysmally awful and misleading analysis. Either leaves viewers with a completely opposite impression of what really happened.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
I still want to KNOW why Trump specifically told Comey he had nothing to do with "hookers".

The media had gone DARK about that by this time. NO ONE was still talking about it.

Except Trump.

And NOW? Now it will be a matter of public record! In front of congress! Forever!

Get over it....that was from a March 30th phone call with Comey.
Not long after the the bullsh*t story was released.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I don't find there to be any allegation by the media that Trump is under sole investigation. What is hard to understand about my position, for another thing... why does it seem to offend you so badly that you have to make barbs?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Not only that, but Trump then negotiated him to "Honest loyalty" and Comey said "I could give you that."

If it was inappropriate, why would Comey agree to it?

The narrative just has a gazillion holes in it.

Even more than that ... when they agreed on "honest loyalty", Trump confirmed that is what he wanted.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I don't find there to be any allegation by the media that Trump is under sole investigation. What is hard to understand about my position, for another thing... why does it seem to offend you so badly that you have to make barbs?

They are not barbs, just observations. You are shifting again. You did not say 'sole investigation'. You denied there were media reports that Trump was under investigation. There were. It's that simple and you can't admit your error.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Actori incumbit onus probatio

Buck

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: SouthernForkway26

I read that as Trump knew this cloud would mire his presidency, and Comey is the guy who knows the facts of the Russia investigation. Trump wants him to come out and publicly state that the Russians are not colluding with Trump, instead of Hollywood Comey letting the liberal media wreck his agenda with false links to Russia. No Godfather mobster imagery required.

Comey wasnt 'loyal' to the president. He was loyal to the false liberal media, the Obama legacy, or the spotlight. He was rightfully fired.

"Hollywood Comey?" Lmao. The President is a celebrity real estate developer and reality TV star. His chief advisor, Bannon, is a movie producer. His Secretary of Treasury, Steve Mnuchin, is an extremely successful movie producer (Mad Max, Wonder Woman, various Lego movies, The Accountant, Edge of Tomorrow, Suicide Squad, The Conjuring 2, etc etc).

Let me put it to you this way. If Trump's people were colluding with Russia, that's a tie to Russia. After all, he was the captain of the ship, is he not?

FBI directors aren't supposed to be "loyal" to President. They're supposed to be loyal the United States of America and her citizens. I'm sorry you don't see that. As for the rest about the "false liberal media" (who were once again proven correct), the Obama legacy (whatever that means) and the spotlight — that's your opinion, you're entitled to it, I happen to disagree.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Solely...

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

"Nice deflection?" Thanks?

I admitted where I was wrong. You should try it sometime. It's funny that you're so passionate about a mistake in a statement made by a CNN analyst but you seem to have zero concern for actual blatant lies coming out of every stinking orifice of this administration, including the gaping blow hole of the liar-in-chief.

And again, lying requires an intent.
edit on 2017-6-7 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: SouthernForkway26

I read that as Trump knew this cloud would mire his presidency, and Comey is the guy who knows the facts of the Russia investigation. Trump wants him to come out and publicly state that the Russians are not colluding with Trump, instead of Hollywood Comey letting the liberal media wreck his agenda with false links to Russia. No Godfather mobster imagery required.

Comey wasnt 'loyal' to the president. He was loyal to the false liberal media, the Obama legacy, or the spotlight. He was rightfully fired.

"Hollywood Comey?" Lmao. The President is a celebrity real estate developer and reality TV star. His chief advisor, Bannon, is a movie producer. His Secretary of Treasury, Steve Mnuchin, is an extremely successful movie producer (Mad Max, Wonder Woman, various Lego movies, The Accountant, Edge of Tomorrow, Suicide Squad, The Conjuring 2, etc etc).

Let me put it to you this way. If Trump's people were colluding with Russia, that's a tie to Russia. After all, he was the captain of the ship, is he not?

FBI directors aren't supposed to be "loyal" to President. They're supposed to be loyal the United States of America and her citizens. I'm sorry you don't see that. As for the rest about the "false liberal media" (who were once again proven correct), the Obama legacy (whatever that means) and the spotlight — that's your opinion, you're entitled to it, I happen to disagree.

Nope, the media spun a narrative totally at odds with the innocuous nature of what actually happened. You can't undo history. It was propaganda, plain and simple. You should know that left wing tactics of spinning a narrative and then falling back on the colonels of truth within the overall spin is very transparent these days and won't work anymore. The media pushed their agenda and misled the American people. They had them whipped up to believe something sinister happened and an impeachment for obstruction of justice was imminent.

The administration represents the American people so the FBI is supposed to be loyal to the people's representatives. Given Trump was not under any investigation, there is also no problem with FBI Director being loyal to the President, the person elected and entrusted by the people to run the administration of the US and to keep them safe.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

"Nice deflection?" Thanks?

I admitted where I was wrong. You should try it sometime. It's funny that you're so passionate about a mistake in a statement made by a CNN analyst but you seem to have zero concern for actual blatant lies coming out of every stinking orifice of this administration, including the gaping blow hole of the liar-in-chief.

And again, lying requires an intent.

About that intent thing ... you seem to be calling people liars for saying Trump took the recommendation of the DAG when he fired Comey. Even if that were not true (which it was), do you have any evidence they even knew of the full story at that time and were intentionally lying?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I'm waiting for the official statements from Trump's Twitter. I wonder if he'll deny any of it or if he'll claim there's nothing wrong with having any of those conversations. If he doesn't deny it, I think that leaves it open for Congress to interpret it how they want at any time. Under the thumb of Congress and Russia... sad.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It's here as well www.cbc.ca...

We won't get to hear the closed sessions tomorrow anyways.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

The Comey hearing isn't going to be a closed session.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
It looks like this so-called "loyalty" that Trump expects is for Comey to tell the truth regarding any investigations against Trump, to help clear the "cloud", and not to drop any investigations as is implied by the media.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join