It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey's Public hearing - opening statement

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Right, because we disagree I should be embarrassed. Nuance exists.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Trump isn't being investigated. The media has said he was. You were wrong. There's no nuance there, only denial.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: DJW001

Because the push from the Trump faithful is always to ignore the 99% of the instances where Trump/his administration lied and the media was correct and focus instead, exclusively, on the 1% that remains.

Several "Trump faithful" have pointed out that they were wrong about the Comey memo in this thread, so who exactly is ignoring what?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Sorry... who was the subject of the Trump campaign?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: UKTruth

Why are you acting like this does not confirm, verbatim, what the "leaked" memorandum said:

The President began by asking me whether I wanted to stay on as FBI Director, which I found strange because he had already told me twice in earlier conversations that he hoped I would stay, and I had assured him that I intended to. He said that lots of people wanted my job and, given the abuse I had taken during the previous year, he would understand if I wanted to walk away.

My instincts told me that the one-on-one setting, and the pretense that this was our first discussion about my position, meant the dinner was, at least in part, an effort to have me ask for my job and create some sort of patronage relationship. That concerned me greatly, given the FBI’s traditionally independent status in the executive branch.

[Edit for brevity; emphasis mine. --DJW001]

A few moments later, the President said, “I need loyalty, I expect loyalty.” I didn’t move, speak, or change my facial expression in any way during the awkward silence that followed. We simply looked at each other in silence. The conversation then moved on, but he returned to the subject near the end of our dinner.

[Edit for brevity; emphasis mine --DJW001]

Near the end of our dinner, the President returned to the subject of my job, [snip] He then said, “I need loyalty.” I replied, “You will always get honesty from me.” He paused and then said, “That’s what I want, honest loyalty.” I paused, and then said, “You will get that from me.” As I wrote in the memo I created immediately after the dinner, it is possible we understood the phrase “honest loyalty” differently, but I decided it wouldn’t be productive to push it further.

drive.google.com...

It reads like a scene from "The Godfather." Trump clearly threatened Comey with dismissal if he did not pledge personal loyalty. Comey did not, and was fired. The "fake media" reported with complete accuracy. I can't wait for the cross examination.

Because I recognise when a narrative of obstruction of justice, Trump being investigated, Trump lying about Comey telling him he was not under investigation and calls for impeachment pushed with these innocuous statements is propaganda at it's finest.

You'll just have to get used to the fact there is nothing here and your hopes are being dashed. Unless Comey drops a bombshell tomorrow, the two days will effectively end your desperate hope of Trump being impeached.

Looks like its all crashing down around your ears. I did warn you, several times.
edit on 7/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Two points that stand out to me:

1. Trump was not the target of an investigation.

2. (which I have seen no one mention):

"The President went on to say that if there were some "satellite" associates who did something wrong it would be good to find that out"

I think that is a very important statement and basically kills the idea that Trump was trying to kill any investigations into his campaign people.
edit on R112017-06-07T15:11:55-05:00k116Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

You're in denial. Someone in your campaign being investigated doesn't mean you're being investigated. You're twisting yourself in a pretzel to avoid saying you were wrong. Yes it is embarrassing. Time to embrace reality. I promise it will be ok. Being wrong happens.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

CNN analyst, didn't catch the name: "We know the Republican narrative will be 'Well if Comey thought it was obstruction of justice why didn't he report it to the AG' and the answer is, he did." Blatantly lied to viewers. Comey's statement specifically says he decided not to report it to Sessions.

That's not correct. Look two paragraphs down:

Shortly afterwards, I spoke with Attorney General Sessions in person to pass along the President’s concerns about leaks. I took the opportunity to implore the Attorney General to prevent any future direct communication between the President and me. I told the AG that what had just happened – him being asked to leave while the FBI Director, who reports to the AG, remained behind – was inappropriate and should never happen. He did not reply. For the reasons discussed above, I did not mention that the President broached the FBI’s potential investigation of General Flynn.

Might want to update that post lest somebody come along and accuse you of "blatantly lying."

EDIT:

Never mind, as face23785 pointed out, I overlooked the part where he said that he didn't mention the Flynn bit to Sessions.
edit on 2017-6-7 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
Two points that stand out to me:

1. Trump was not the target of an investigation.

2. (which I have seen no one mention:

"The President went on to say that if there were some "satellite" associates who did something wrong it would be good to find that out"

I think that is a very important statement and basically kills the idea that Trump was trying to kill any investigations into his campaign people.

Second point is very important and also Comey's own words that he did not even think that Trump was asking him to drop any Flynn investigation beyond what Flynn said about the content of the calls, which would make sense as Flynn was already fired the day before.

Everywhere the propagandists turn they find a door locked shut.

link   
a reply to: RickinVa

"The President went on to say that if there were some "satellite" associates who did something wrong it would be good to find that out" I think that is a very important statement and basically kills the idea that Trump was trying to kill any investigations into his campaign people.

nice point

link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

It says right in the quote you posted "For the reasons discussed above, I did not mention that the President broached the FBI's potential investigation of General Flynn."

Might want to update yours.

link   
I read that as Trump knew this cloud would mire his presidency, and Comey is the guy who knows the facts of the Russia investigation. Trump wants him to come out and publicly state that the Russians are not colluding with Trump, instead of Hollywood Comey letting the liberal media wreck his agenda with false links to Russia. No Godfather mobster imagery required.

Comey wasnt 'loyal' to the president. He was loyal to the false liberal media, the Obama legacy, or the spotlight. He was rightfully fired.

a reply to: theantediluvian

edit on 7-6-2017 by SouthernForkway26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

CNN analyst, didn't catch the name: "We know the Republican narrative will be 'Well if Comey thought it was obstruction of justice why didn't he report it to the AG' and the answer is, he did." Blatantly lied to viewers. Comey's statement specifically says he decided not to report it to Sessions.

That's not correct. Look two paragraphs down:

Shortly afterwards, I spoke with Attorney General Sessions in person to pass along the President’s concerns about leaks. I took the opportunity to implore the Attorney General to prevent any future direct communication between the President and me. I told the AG that what had just happened – him being asked to leave while the FBI Director, who reports to the AG, remained behind – was inappropriate and should never happen. He did not reply. For the reasons discussed above, I did not mention that the President broached the FBI’s potential investigation of General Flynn.

Might want to update that post lest somebody come along and accuse you of "blatantly lying."

You might want to backtrack there, lest someone accuses you of blatantly misrepresenting. In your snippet, Comey spoke to the AG about not being left alone with President again, it does not say he spoke with him about his concern that Trump had hoped he could let the Flynn investigation go.
edit on 7/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I still want to KNOW why Trump specifically told Comey he had nothing to do with "hookers".

The media had gone DARK about that by this time. NO ONE was still talking about it.

Except Trump.

And NOW? Now it will be a matter of public record! In front of congress! Forever!

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SouthernForkway26
I read that as Trump knew this cloud would mire his presidency, and Comey is the guy who knows the facts of the Russia investigation. Trump wants him to come out and publicly state that the Russians are not colluding with Trump, instead of Hollywood Comey letting the liberal media wreck his agenda with false links to Russia. No Godfather mobster imagery required.

Comey wasnt 'loyal' to the president. He was loyal to the false liberal media, the Obama legacy, or the spotlight. He was rightfully fired.

...and it makes perfect sense that Trump would be asking his administration leaders to be loyal, given the leaks from traitorous Obama holdovers.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I can't wait to see the level of spin he pulls to try to get out of admitting he screwed up there.
edit on 7 6 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

I can't wait to see the level of spin he pulls to try to get out of admitting he screwed up there.

Well don't hold out for an apology or admission of his error - we know how these people operate.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

...and it makes perfect sense that Trump would be asking his administration leaders to be loyal, given the leaks from traitorous Obama holdovers.

yep cause this wasnt going on or anything.....
www.nytimes.com...

WASHINGTON — In the Obama administration’s last days, some White House officials scrambled to spread information about Russian efforts to undermine the presidential election — and about possible contacts between associates of President-elect Donald J. Trump and Russians — across the government. Former American officials say they had two aims: to ensure that such meddling isn’t duplicated in future American or European elections, and to leave a clear trail of intelligence for government investigators.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

yep cause this wasnt going on or anything.....
www.nytimes.com...

WASHINGTON — In the Obama administration’s last days, some White House officials scrambled to spread information about Russian efforts to undermine the presidential election — and about possible contacts between associates of President-elect Donald J. Trump and Russians — across the government. Former American officials say they had two aims: to ensure that such meddling isn’t duplicated in future American or European elections, and to leave a clear trail of intelligence for government investigators.

Exactly.

I laugh at the way the media is gasping at the idea that a President would ask his FBI Director for loyalty. Wow, big shock, He said 'loyalty'.. What a horrible word!

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

The entire campaign is under investigation in 2 of the 5 investigations.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join