It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey's Public hearing - opening statement

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TomLawless

I disagree.

link   
a reply to: Kali74

Then admit you were wrong. There's clear examples of the media trying to push a Trump-Russia investigation narrative. I won't even use ridiculously over the top examples like Rachel Maddow because she's not a journalist. It's in black and white officially from the major media outlets.

link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: UKTruth

For one thing, there's still a lot to come out about other people involved in the campaign. For another I don't see a narrative being pushed by the media because I know how to read and I know how headlines work. There's not been one leak, one source, one comment as of yet that has alluded to Trump doing anything on his own with Russia. He was however also the main component of his own campaign.

You denied there was a narrative - and that has been soundly proven to be false.
As for leaks and sources - you are right there is not a suggestion that Trump was under investigation (we know there is no evidence) - but that did not stop Democrats and the media pushing the propaganda narrative as you have been clearly shown in this thread.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Does anyone know who is/was on "the fbi leadership team" that comey refers to ?

Comey stated he did not take notes when meeting with obama, did he give the "fbi leadership team" the same kind of breakdown he did with trump?

I was wondering that as well. He is the FBI leader, why would he confer with his lower ranking guys? His duty if he felt Trump was committing obstruction would've been to report it to the AG and to Congress.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Or I just happen to comprehend what I'm reading.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

No.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
a reply to: TomLawless

This is exactly what I've been saying for months. They have 4 years. They're using up all their credibility on nonsense, then they're going to wonder why nobody believes them if he does do something #ed up. I can't wait to watch the level of panic if a real scandal happens because most people are gonna be so burnt out by then they won't care.

Perfectly put.

They're using up credibility.

We can't believe anything they say, and it's being proven.

I will say....They got the memo right, they got a lot of the details right, but the devil was in their narrative, which just plain old sucked. They completely drained us all and we won't have the energy to go through this again.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

No, not really a "good catch." Just because the FBI had "cleared" his communications with Kisylak — the communications he lied about — doesn't mean that all investigations into Flynn's dealings with Russian officials had ceased. In fact, I'm sure they hadn't then and they haven't now.

Furthermore, how would the President know if they had?

As for the bit about Turkey and RT gala allegations being "weeks or months from happening" — that's actually not true either. It was Daily Caller who broke the initial allegations about lobbying for Turkey in November of 2016:

Trump’s Top Military Adviser Is Lobbying For Obscure Company With Ties To Turkish Government

He was being questioned about the RT Gala thing at least as far back as the Republican National Convention in July:

Time - Don't Expect Details From Donald Trump at the Republican Convention

In an interview Monday afternoon with Yahoo's Michael Isikoff, Flynn deflected questions on payment related to his visit last fall to Russia, where he sat next to President Vladimir Putin at a celebration of the Russian propaganda channel RT. Flynn justified Trump’s admiration of Putin, saying Trump “respects people who are selfish about their country. Putin is a guy who is very selfish about Russia and about the Russian federation, and he understands the history of his country.”

The Flynn conversation happend on Feb 14, three days later it was reported that the House Committee was probing the Mosco trip/RT Gala appearance:

House committee probes Russia payment to Flynn

Citing a Yahoo News interview with retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn last July, a House committee has opened an investigation into whether President Trump’s recently resigned national security adviser received an improper payment from the Russian government for a trip to Moscow in December 2015.

So no.
edit on 2017-6-7 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

It seems that Comey felt that Trump didn't understand that he was crossing a line.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Why are you acting like this does not confirm, verbatim, what the "leaked" memorandum said:

The President began by asking me whether I wanted to stay on as FBI Director, which I found strange because he had already told me twice in earlier conversations that he hoped I would stay, and I had assured him that I intended to. He said that lots of people wanted my job and, given the abuse I had taken during the previous year, he would understand if I wanted to walk away.

My instincts told me that the one-on-one setting, and the pretense that this was our first discussion about my position, meant the dinner was, at least in part, an effort to have me ask for my job and create some sort of patronage relationship. That concerned me greatly, given the FBI’s traditionally independent status in the executive branch.

[Edit for brevity; emphasis mine. --DJW001]

A few moments later, the President said, “I need loyalty, I expect loyalty.” I didn’t move, speak, or change my facial expression in any way during the awkward silence that followed. We simply looked at each other in silence. The conversation then moved on, but he returned to the subject near the end of our dinner.

[Edit for brevity; emphasis mine --DJW001]

Near the end of our dinner, the President returned to the subject of my job, [snip] He then said, “I need loyalty.” I replied, “You will always get honesty from me.” He paused and then said, “That’s what I want, honest loyalty.” I paused, and then said, “You will get that from me.” As I wrote in the memo I created immediately after the dinner, it is possible we understood the phrase “honest loyalty” differently, but I decided it wouldn’t be productive to push it further.

drive.google.com...

It reads like a scene from "The Godfather." Trump clearly threatened Comey with dismissal if he did not pledge personal loyalty. Comey did not, and was fired. The "fake media" reported with complete accuracy. I can't wait for the cross examination.

edit on 7-6-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
CNN analyst, didn't catch the name: "We know the Republican narrative will be 'Well if Comey thought it was obstruction of justice why didn't he report it to the AG' and the answer is, he did."

Blatantly lied to viewers. Comey's statement specifically says he decided not to report it to Sessions.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Not only did Comey not report it, when he shared it with his "fbi leadership team" none of them told him to report it either.
If none of them thought it was worth reporting, and they were in charge of the investigation, who is anyone else to question their judgement?

This is a joke. Rogers,Coats,McCabe earlier today all said there was no obstruction, and now Comey took notes but did not report them. Jesus Christ if there was any kind of problem you would think ONE of them would have said or done something.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
MSM spinning this 6 ways from sunday.

All kinds of innuendo.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Why are you acting like this does not confirm, verbatim, what the "leaked" memorandum said:

The President began by asking me whether I wanted to stay on as FBI Director, which I found strange because he had already told me twice in earlier conversations that he hoped I would stay, and I had assured him that I intended to. He said that lots of people wanted my job and, given the abuse I had taken during the previous year, he would understand if I wanted to walk away.

My instincts told me that the one-on-one setting, and the pretense that this was our first discussion about my position, meant the dinner was, at least in part, an effort to have me ask for my job and create some sort of patronage relationship. That concerned me greatly, given the FBI’s traditionally independent status in the executive branch.

[Edit for brevity; emphasis mine. --DJW001]

A few moments later, the President said, “I need loyalty, I expect loyalty.” I didn’t move, speak, or change my facial expression in any way during the awkward silence that followed. We simply looked at each other in silence. The conversation then moved on, but he returned to the subject near the end of our dinner.

[Edit for brevity; emphasis mine --DJW001]

Near the end of our dinner, the President returned to the subject of my job, [snip] He then said, “I need loyalty.” I replied, “You will always get honesty from me.” He paused and then said, “That’s what I want, honest loyalty.” I paused, and then said, “You will get that from me.” As I wrote in the memo I created immediately after the dinner, it is possible we understood the phrase “honest loyalty” differently, but I decided it wouldn’t be productive to push it further.

drive.google.com...

It reads like a scene from "The Godfather." Trump clearly threatened Comey with dismissal if he did not pledge personal loyalty. Comey did not, and was fired. The "fake media" reported with complete accuracy. I can't wait for the cross examination.

These conversations happened months before he was fired. Don't be absurd.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Exactly. The only way it was obstruction was if everyone who knew about it was corrupt.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
CNN: "These rules are in place to prevent the President from influencing an investigation, particularly one where he is the target of the investigation."

But the media has never tried to make it sound like Trump is under investigation.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Well he is because he was part of the campaign, he's not under an individual investigation... the entire world understands that distinction.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Well he is because he was part of the campaign, he's not under an individual investigation... the entire world understands that distinction.

Love the semantics because you're not adult enough to admit you were wrong. You can just stop talking about this anytime now. You're embarrassing yourself badly.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Because the push from the Trump faithful is always to ignore the 99% of the instances where Trump/his administration lied and the media was correct and focus instead, exclusively, on the 1% that remains.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join