It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey's Public hearing - opening statement

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

and here lol
www.rollingstone.com...

Christopher Wray might be qualified, but Trump shouldn't get to pick someone who will investigate him

yeah the good ole msm was never pushing that narrative...

link   

Did you read the 1st paragraph?

link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

The media never implied that Trump was under investigation... the campaign is under investigation for collusion.

Seems this confirms the leaks and the articles published.

FBI Is Investigating Trump's Russia Ties - NYT Headline

The headline is contradicted by the first paragraph, but that doesn't stop the headline from leaving the impression with many people that Trump is under investigation. Don't pretend the media never implied this, it's embarrassingly false.

LOL it HAD to be the NYT or WaPo for the top hit on fake news.

link   
I think the real killer for the MSM/Democratic narrative is the seeming confirmation that Trump is not under investigation.
The underlying assumption of the narrative is that Trump is a Russian agent, but now we have Comey's own words that he is not aware of any intelligence that supports this.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Did you read the 1st paragraph?

Media outlets know well that a very high percentage of people scan headlines only. It is a fake news headline to drive clicks. You have been given your example of fake news. Get over it.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

The media never implied that Trump was under investigation... the campaign is under investigation for collusion.

US News

The new allegations provided new fodder for Democrats pressing for a more robust investigation into ties between President Trump and Russia.
The Washington Post

On Wednesday, allegations about ties between the campaign of President Trump and Russia lurched into new territory.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Did you read my post?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Lol, I think the point is now well made.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Who do you think you are fooling?

Technically you are correct that the media did not 'imply...'.

They flat-out stated Donald Trump is under investigation in their headlines.

Donald Trump is under investigation for ties to Russia. What happens now?
www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: underwerks
Kind of funny that people are taking an opening statement and running with it like it's a total sum of everything to be discussed during the hearings..

I can understand your need for there to be more - it's been a very bad day for anti-Trump people. I guess we will see if there is anything else tomorrow, but given that all 9 of Comey's meeting with Trump have been documented and submitted in a written statement, I wonder what else he can say on the subject.

There might be something about the investigation itself, i suppose.

On to tomorrow.

I don't get how it's a bad day for anti-Trump people, things are looking pretty good from where I'm sitting..

Since when has an opening statement in a hearing been the sum of the hearing? Why have a hearing at all if everything is in the opening statement?

I get that you're being told to think that Comey is going to drop some bombshell about the Clinton's or that since something isn't in the opening statement it has to be fake and won't be included, but that just isn't the case..

If that is Comey's opening statement, and he says something completely different during the rest of the hearing, that is perjury my friend.
Personally, I don't give a sh*t what he says about Crooked Hillary....that ship has already sailed...she lost.
If she went to jail, it would be icing on the cake but I am not gonna lose any sleep over it.
The Leftists are gonna be hyperventilating tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I hope you're not expecting Kali to admit it.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Actually, repeatedly during discussions here on ATS where we leftists dare to talk about the investigations... we go out of our way to use very careful language so as not to trigger you guys... sometimes having to repeat in post after post that we know Trump himself is not under investigation. You guys continually act in reaction to a narrative that doesn't exist.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Actually, repeatedly during discussions here on ATS where we leftists dare to talk about the investigations... we go out of our way to use very careful language so as not to trigger you guys... sometimes having to repeat in post after post that we know Trump himself is not under investigation. You guys continually act in reaction to a narrative that doesn't exist.

Lol, you asked for examples, you have been given several... and you say the narrative never existed. You guys are not going to get away with rewriting history. Get used to it because as this all unfolds you are going to look very bad for believing and pushing fake narratives. My advice is to jump off the propaganda train now.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Of course not.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
CNN was going nuts for about an hour, now they're already toning it down saying they're not sure if this crosses a legal line. The reality is setting in that there's nothing there.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

C'mon. You're so much better than this.

It's not like Trump isn't going to do something to legitimately merit derision. Just wait it out.

The media fooled everyone into believing he was being investigated. There is no shame in it.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

For one thing, there's still a lot to come out about other people involved in the campaign. For another I don't see a narrative being pushed by the media because I know how to read and I know how headlines work. There's not been one leak, one source, one comment as of yet that has alluded to Trump doing anything on his own with Russia. He was however also the main component of his own campaign.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Of course not.

I never have an issue admitting I'm wrong, I think you know that.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TomLawless

This is exactly what I've been saying for months. They have 4 years. They're using up all their credibility on nonsense, then they're going to wonder why nobody believes them if he does do something #ed up. I can't wait to watch the level of panic if a real scandal happens because most people are gonna be so burnt out by then they won't care.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Does anyone know who is/was on "the fbi leadership team" that comey refers to ?

Comey stated he did not take notes when meeting with obama, did he give the "fbi leadership team" the same kind of breakdown he did with trump?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join