It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey's Public hearing - opening statement

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Kind of funny that people are taking an opening statement and running with it like it's a total sum of everything to be discussed during the hearings..

link   
Interesting read. I was wondering how this document came out. Thanks for the clarification. On Trump's "handling" of his talks with Comey - makes sense that a non-politician wouldn't know right off the way things should be handled. Although I suppose that it is part of Pence's job as the token "politician" to give him the lay of the land.

link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Good catch. At this point i just want them all to burn on the stake. F#ck all the corrupt politicians and purge DC once and for all.

link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: UKTruth

I do think the President was showing some insecurity - but I don't blame him for being nervous of leaks and also the false narrative being pushed by media that he was under investigation.

I'll give you that. He wasn't under investigation, but it does appear that the media got a lot right in their reporting, including Comey's memos.

Overall though, he's got no issues to worry about if the left want to insult him for being an 'insecure little man'. Unless opinions from those that hate him now drive impeachment proceedings. On the contrary, the left have so overplayed this that it's going to help him.

I'm not insulting him. I'm commenting on the vibe Comey lays-out in this release. You can read. Trump was obsessed and insecure about certain aspects.

And I still would not put your cart before the horse just yet. This is not over.

I think the disservice the media did to the American people was to push a narrative around separate statements they had heard about - which by the way are still just Comey's notes. They pushed a much more serious narrative laced with innuendo and when we actually see it all laid out there is nothing there for the President to be concerned about - or the people of the US - beyond opinions about whether he is a 'insecure little man' or not.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
At least one Republican senator will get him to clarify whether he thought Trump's request amounted to obstruction. He's gonna have to say no, because if he says yes he's implicating himself. If he thought it was obstruction he's required to report it as such, federal ethics laws don't allow you to just sit on the fact that you're aware someone else committed a crime.

Bye bye obstruction narrative.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
AND Comey is going to say Trump said he was 'Not involved with hookers'

Comey will also testify that the president told him that he was considering ordering the then-director to investigate allegations contained in a shadowy dossier believed to be drawn to some extent from unverified and likely erroneous information circulated by Russian intelligence.

The president reportedly told Comey that he had not been involved with prostitutes in Russia, which is one of the claims contained in the dossier — which has been widely treated as dubiously-sourced at best.
Link

WHY Mr. President bring THIS up? If it's so utterly untrue? WHY? Hm...

Strange things people!!

I'm going to go way out on a limb here and say "because he was accused of it". YMMV

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Yeah i'm so sorry for wanting justice for all the people that the DNC and the Clintons "silenced." You people are delusional and live in a alternative reality.

I believe there is a lawsuit already going to bring "justice" to those that seek it.

I was simply commenting on your statement that Comey would throw the DNC under the bus.

That is delusional and simply wishful thinking to satisfy your partisanship.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: xuenchen
Trump said to Comey:

“I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go. He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go.”

"Hope", not an order or even a request.

I "hope" Trump didn't fire him for not "letting it go".

The President needed no reason to fire him. If he wanted he could fire him for being too tall.

That would be discrimination.

Only if he stated that as the reason - but the fact remains he can fire Comey for any reason he wants and is not even required to say why.

Ok. Well that's different. Should be more specific next time.

link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Kind of funny that people are taking an opening statement and running with it like it's a total sum of everything to be discussed during the hearings..

I can understand your need for there to be more - it's been a very bad day for anti-Trump people. I guess we will see if there is anything else tomorrow, but given that all 9 of Comey's meeting with Trump have been documented and submitted in a written statement, I wonder what else he can say on the subject.

There might be something about the investigation itself, i suppose.

On to tomorrow.

link   
a reply to: underwerks

If you think comey will say anything outside of this statement you are crazy.
Comey had a special meeting with Mueller to even get cleared for this testimony; what comey can say and can not say was given to him.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I think the disservice the media did to the American people was to push a narrative around separate statements they had heard about - which by the way are still just Comey's notes.

Narrative? Turns out it wasn't a narrative. It was true.

They pushed a much more serious narrative laced with innuendo and when we actually see it all laid out there is nothing there for the President to be concerned about - or the people of the US - beyond opinions about whether he is a 'insecure little man' or not.

If there was nothing for him to worry about, why was he worried and insecure? An opinion you agreed with.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

Why would he bring that up? Because it was all over the MSM, and here, at the time. IMO he was trying to defend himself. You would've too, had you been in his shoes.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Comey will also testify that the president told him that he was considering ordering the then-director to investigate allegations contained in a shadowy dossier believed to be drawn to some extent from unverified and likely erroneous information circulated by Russian intelligence.

The president reportedly told Comey that he had not been involved with prostitutes in Russia, which is one of the claims contained in the dossier — which has been widely treated as dubiously-sourced at best.
Link

Strange things people!!

I'm going to go way out on a limb here and say "because he was accused of it". YMMV

More far left logic - accuse someone of something and if they go out of their way to deny it, they are guilty. If they don't deny it, they are guilty. You know the score.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Link

Strange things people!!

Exactly, CNN was just trying to push "well we never insinuated he was under investigation".

Please.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I think the disservice the media did to the American people was to push a narrative around separate statements they had heard about - which by the way are still just Comey's notes.

Narrative? Turns out it wasn't a narrative. It was true.

They pushed a much more serious narrative laced with innuendo and when we actually see it all laid out there is nothing there for the President to be concerned about - or the people of the US - beyond opinions about whether he is a 'insecure little man' or not.

If there was nothing for him to worry about, why was he worried and insecure? An opinion you agreed with.

Obviously because the American people were being spun a yarn (and many were pushing that same yarn), and like he said according to Comey, it was impeding him in doing the job he was elected to do.
edit on 7/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Lolliek

NAH!

It means it PROBABLY did happen! There IS a track record for whatever is denied being TRUE!

edit on 7-6-2017 by DanteGaland because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Link

Strange things people!!

Exactly, CNN was just trying to push "well we never insinuated he was under investigation".

Please.

yeah there will be some here that push that as well

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Link

Strange things people!!

Please.

Really? Wow. They have no shame and no integrity.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

a reply to: Perfectenemy

Yeah i'm so sorry for wanting justice for all the people that the DNC and the Clintons "silenced." You people are delusional and live in a alternative reality.

I believe there is a lawsuit already going to bring "justice" to those that seek it.

I was simply commenting on your statement that Comey would throw the DNC under the bus.

That is delusional and simply wishful thinking to satisfy your partisanship.

Comey is sitting on the evidence to put them all in jail. Besides i'm not partisan. I want them all gone. Both parties are corrupt. Trump is the real deal and you were all mislead.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Obviously because the American people were being spun a yarn (and many were pushing that same yarn)

It's not a yarn if it turns out to be true.

and like he said according to Comey, it was impeding him in doing the job he was elected to do.

It was impeding him from doing his job because he let it. He could have ignored it, did his job and let the investigations bring it to it's final conclusion.

But he didn't. Again, he was insecure and that insecurity is what impeded him.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join