It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey's Public hearing - opening statement

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: UKTruth

You mean like CNN's headline that said Comey was going to deny he told Trump he was not under investigation?
Don't worry - all the propaganda in the media is all retrievable.

By all means, please retrieve that exact headline.

CNN corrects Comey-testimony-prediction story

On CNN’s air, analyst Gloria Borger put matters more starkly, saying, “Comey is going to dispute the president on this point if he’s asked about it by senators, and we have to assume that he will be. He will say he never assured Donald Trump that he was not under investigation, that that would have been improper for him to do so.”

Wednesday afternoon produced a document that underscored the perils of such testimony-prediction.

@UKTruth : You beat me on that one ...

It amazes me how people can brazenly try to lie about CNN being wrong, when the evidence is so easily retrieved. I think these people do actually live in an alternate reality.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   

So you found one analysis that speculated about what Comey would say, which they later corrected, and that somehow falsifies everything else that they reported correctly?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   

It amazes me how people can brazenly try to lie about CNN being wrong, when the evidence is so easily retrieved. I think these people do actually live in an alternate reality.

And it amazes me how people can brazenly lie about CNN being right. No-one is perfect. CNN makes it clear when it is speculating. Their sources were 100% accurate, their analysis was faulty, but they issued a correction. We'll never see Trump do that.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Wrong - the President and the WH were specifically referenced.

Sorry... could you find that in the transcript for me, please?

Here is the full video of the hearing. Feel free to spool through, but I'll give you a head start - go to 22:40.

In future, at least try to do your research before posting falsehoods.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   

So you found one analysis that speculated about what Comey would say, which they later corrected, and that somehow falsifies everything else that they reported correctly?

No, I found the specific example I referenced of their fake news that you asked for evidence of. You now have it, which lays bare your ludicrous claim that "All that matters is that everything the media has reported is turning out to be true".
Don't worry, as when the time comes it will be easy to create a full volume of the fake news foisted upon the public by CNN et al.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   

And it amazes me how people can brazenly lie about CNN being right. No-one is perfect. CNN makes it clear when it is speculating. Their sources were 100% accurate, their analysis was faulty, but they issued a correction. We'll never see Trump do that.

Lol, their sources were 100% accurate.. except when they are wrong...

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Again, it is you who is (intentionally?) blurring the line between reporting and analysis.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Rogers, Coates, Rosenstein and McCabe all said, under oath, they have never felt that they have been pressured by the President or anyone in the WH to do anything illegal or even suspect. They were very clear and that is all that is important.

That does not mean they weren't asked. All four refused to answer that question. There's no excuse for them to have not answered that question. They could divulge enough of conversations with the President to say they weren't pressured but not enough to say they weren't asked? That's clownish.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: kosmicjack
I didn't understand today's testimony by Rodgers and Coats at all. And Comey's statement was kind of a non-starter. I have no idea where this circus is headed.

Well, I understand why they were saying what they said. They simply didn't want to be the ones appearing to cast any more doubt on an investigation that Mueller had to take over. That's their rationale anyway.

However, they chose the wrong information to apply that rationale to. The questions they were being asked, under normal circumstances, were innocuous...which boils down to "Did the President ask you a question?", and they chose that particular shield for their answers....that is the confusing part to me.

Or they didn't want to purger themselves.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Does anyone know what time the testimony starts, and if there will be somewhere online to watch?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Does anyone know what time the testimony starts, and if there will be somewhere online to watch?

I believe it is 10am EST.
It is being streamed live on C-SPAN
www.c-span.org.../former-fbi-director-comey-set-testify-russia-probe

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Rogers, Coates, Rosenstein and McCabe all said, under oath, they have never felt that they have been pressured by the President or anyone in the WH to do anything illegal or even suspect. They were very clear and that is all that is important.

That does not mean they weren't asked. All four refused to answer that question. There's no excuse for them to have not answered that question. They could divulge enough of conversations with the President to say they weren't pressured but not enough to say they weren't asked? That's clownish.

There is no need for you or anyone else to know specifics of what language was used. The most important thing is that the President and no one in the Whitehouse ever pressured or directed these men to do anything illegal or untoward. That has been confirmed under oath. What do you hope to gain by knowing the language? What puts you in a better position to conclude on the conversations had between Trump and these 4 men?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Rogers said his conversation with the president was "classified".
Rogers being the director of the nsa I think he knows what he can talk about in public.

Also they did not say they would not answer, they said they would not answer in a public session.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

It starts in about 30 minutes. I know Fox is carrying it live, and I think CNN is as well.

Of course, CNN will probably televise actors in Hollywood instead of the actual people in DC, knowing their recent penchant for the truth.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
All Democrats want to do is get enough "morsels" to continue distracting the Trump administration. They had to be really happy yesterday to hear Sean Spicer confirm that their distraction tactics are working.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Is ok, all this witch hunt on assumptions and media word playing, is going to come back and bite them in their nasty dirty butts.

Yesterday they were acting like petty children when they could not get those been interrogated to give them what they wanted to hear.

Pity, petty children.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

all this witch hunt on assumptions and media word playing, is going to come back and bite them in their nasty dirty butts.

Yeah. So far not so much eh? The Committee (bipartisan) reassures the American people this is not a "witch hunt", and you keep forwarding this hyperbolic rhetoric? Come on now.

So far, President Trump's "butt" seems the only one that is being bitten...but keep on.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Like I said yesterday, Comey is not going to give the democrats what they want, game over.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: alphabetaone

Like I said yesterday, Comey is not going to give the democrats what they want, game over.

You're right. He's giving the American people what they deserve, not any affiliation what they "want".

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
END OF STORY!

Trump did no wrong, didn't commit a crime. So go screw yourselves.

YOU WERE WRONG...YOU LIED...CLOSE THE STORY.

Good night!

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join