It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey's Public hearing - opening statement

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Haha, I do toss one of those in every now and then. Keeps people on their toes.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

The closed session is where they will talk about the NSA stuff, like what Reality Winner leaked to the press. Probably not soap opera material, like the public session.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I love how even before this came out Trump supporters were desperate to make it nothing.

At best Trump did nothing illegal but it has made him look like an insecure weak President. Just imagine for a second anything like this happened under Obama, these same people would be losing their mind over it.

He really isn't helping the American stereotype is he? Ill-informed, loud, obnoxious and thick as shhhhh.

#WhatHappenedToTheWall

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim
I love how even before this came out Trump supporters were desperate to make it nothing.

At best Trump did nothing illegal but it has made him look like an insecure weak President. Just imagine for a second anything like this happened under Obama, these same people would be losing their mind over it.

He really isn't helping the American stereotype is he? Ill-informed, loud, obnoxious and thick as shhhhh.

#WhatHappenedToTheWall

Fine...that is your opinion. Here is mine and the one that is the most logical, fact based and accepted truth.

1. The left lost the election and went freakin' nuts. They never thought they would not only lose power, but now they have to worry about all their corruptions (Fast n Furious, etc.) being investigated. They were and still are crapping their pants.

2. Hillary and the DNC claim they were hacked and their emails exposed. TRUTHFUL emails that were never denied as the truth. They blamed the Russians but never allowed the FBI to check their servers. They hired some Muslims to work on their servers who later took off, maybe with more data.

3. The left conspired to protect themselves by making up lies, rumor, leaks, etc. to try to stop Trump's election promises and take him down. There were many reasons for this but one was to keep him and his administration from investigating the prior illegal activities of the liberals and Obama's administration.

4. They went from Trump sucks, to Trump colluded with the Russians, to Trump obstructed justice and now...today...using Comey's own words...TRUMP DID NOTHING ILLEGAL! Trump was NEVER being investigated for anything, there was never any crime to pursue, there was never a need for an investigator and the worst...the absolute worst Trump did was ask for an at-will employee to be honest and loyal and "hoped" that after firing Flynn and dragging him through the mud...that the FBI would let that fade away. No demands...no threats...no obstruction.

So...this has been a fun little distraction courtesy of the liberals. How many millions of dollars for (as Clinton would say) a NOTHING BURGER. How much time wasted by our representatives on this WITCH HUNT? But what I love and value is what we have learned.

The left will do anything including lying, blaming, creating rumors, pretending rumors are facts, threatening people, spending OUR money, insulting other nations and their leaders, etc. The real fringe (Hello...Waters?) have shown their racist, bias and bigoted nature. The moderates are hiding their heads in shame and the leaders (Pelosi, Schumer, etc.) have INVALIDATED THEIR VALUE!

But...the best news is this. 2016 was won by Trump. The left have guaranteed 2018 will continue to be dominated by the right and 2020 will continue the draining of the swamp. Sorry guys...you lost then decided to go full retard and sunk yourselves further. But don't be too upset...your sheep's clothing was eventually going to be stripped off and expose the wolf. But you did it yourselves...and THAT is HILARIOUS!
edit on 6/8/2017 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

originally posted by: SudoNim

#WhatHappenedToTheWall

Fine...that is your opinion. Here is mine and the one that is the most logical, fact based and accepted truth.

1. The left lost the election and when freakin' nuts. They never thought they would not only lose power, but now they have to worry about all their corruptions (Fast n Furious, etc.) being investigated. They were and still are crapping their pants.

2. Hillary and the DNC claim they were hacked and their emails exposed. TRUTHFUL emails that were never denied as the truth. They blamed the Russians but never allowed the FBI to check their servers. They hired some Muslims to work on their servers who later took off, maybe with more data.

3. The left conspired to protect themselves by making up lies, rumor, leaks, etc. to try to stop Trump's election promises and take him down. There were many reasons for this but one was to keep him and his administration from investigating the prior illegal activities of the liberals and Obama's administration.

4. They went from Trump sucks, to Trump colluded with the Russians, to Trump obstructed justice and now...today...using Comey's own words...TRUMP DID NOTHING ILLEGAL! Trump was NEVER being investigated for anything, there was never any crime to persue, there was never a need for an investigator and the worst...the absolute worst Trump did was ask for an at-will employee to be honest and loyal and "hoped" that after firing Flynn and dragging him through the mud...that the FBI would let that fade away. No demands...no threats...no obstruction.

So...this has been a fun little distraction courtesy of the liberals. How many millions of dollars for (as Clinton would say) a NOTHING BURGER. How much time wasted by our representatives on this WITCH HUNT? But what I love and value is what we have learned.

The left will do anything including lying, blaming, creating rumors, pretending rumors are facts, threatening people, spending OUR money, insulting other nations and their leaders, etc. The real fringe (Hello...Waters?) have shown their racist, bias and bigoted nature. The moderates are hiding their heads in shame and the leaders (Pelosi, Schumer, etc.) have INVALIDATED THEIR VALUE!

But...the best news is this. 2016 was won by Trump. The left have guaranteed 2018 will continue to be dominated by the right and 2020 will continue the draining of the swamp. Sorry guys...you lost then decided to go full retard and sunk yourselves further. But don't be too upset...your sheep's clothing was eventually going to be stripped off and expose the wolf. But you did it yourselves...and THAT is HILARIOUS!
That about sums it up, yep!

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Yeah...about. Forgot one thing. To everyone on the left in government...your leaders, your congress-people, your media and the "leakers". What do you think is going to happen when all the dust clears. When your lies and rumors start fading into history and calm minds ponder the past.

Do you think President Trump and his Administration will sit back and brush this all off? Or do you think he may just decide to investigate THE WHOLE CONSPIRACY? FBI, DOJ, etc. beginning deep investigations into YOUR words, into WHO made up the lies, into WHO prodded the leakers, into WHAT ORGANIZATIONS may have paid these left-over-spies, etc.

Sleep well...for now. Someday there may be a knock on your door. Maybe tonight...maybe next year. If you were part of the conspiracy to illegally and unfairly attempt to eject OUR PRESIDENT utilizing lies and untruths...you may want to keep a bug-out-bag ready. And don't forget...Big Bubba may go easier on your ass if you offer him a few smokes.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Strange how Hillary hasn't been arrested yet.

Keep telling yourself something is going to happen. It's laughable that you mock anyone who is claiming that Trump has done something illegal or immoral, yet still live in fantasy land where Trump is going to go after Clinton.

Keep dreaming, you'll realise in a few months that your big Trumpster was a fake. No wall, no investigations, no progress... just a whole lot of money syphoned off into his accounts. Not that you'll ever admit you've been fooled, got to keep up the bravado right

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Sleep well...for now. Someday there may be a knock on your door.

We are trying to stop this country from becoming a police state. You seem to welcome it.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   

All that matters is that everything the media has reported is turning out to be true. Sorry if you believed Trump's con. The fact that he loaded his cabinet with swamp critters should have been your first clue.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
Yeah...about. Forgot one thing. To everyone on the left in government...your leaders, your congress-people, your media and the "leakers". What do you think is going to happen when all the dust clears. When your lies and rumors start fading into history and calm minds ponder the past.

Do you think President Trump and his Administration will sit back and brush this all off? Or do you think he may just decide to investigate THE WHOLE CONSPIRACY? FBI, DOJ, etc. beginning deep investigations into YOUR words, into WHO made up the lies, into WHO prodded the leakers, into WHAT ORGANIZATIONS may have paid these left-over-spies, etc.

Sleep well...for now. Someday there may be a knock on your door. Maybe tonight...maybe next year. If you were part of the conspiracy to illegally and unfairly attempt to eject OUR PRESIDENT utilizing lies and untruths...you may want to keep a bug-out-bag ready. And don't forget...Big Bubba may go easier on your ass if you offer him a few smokes.

I think you are absolutely correct on this...and if he doesn't think of doing just that, then he will be prompted. I think it is good idea to start preparing research into what has happened over the last year and to get it to people who can distribute it widely.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

All that matters is that everything the media has reported is turning out to be true. Sorry if you believed Trump's con. The fact that he loaded his cabinet with swamp critters should have been your first clue.

You mean like CNN's headline that said Comey was going to deny he told Trump he was not under investigation?
Don't worry - all the propaganda in the media is all retrievable.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I've never heard any such allegation. I wonder if it came from one of the attack ads yesterday (I haven't seen any of them). If so... lol.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

As everything opinions and those salivating with an inside coming from Comey against Trump is not going to happen, opinions are like butt holes everybody have one, unless you have some genetic problems.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: kosmicjack
I didn't understand today's testimony by Rodgers and Coats at all. And Comey's statement was kind of a non-starter. I have no idea where this circus is headed.

Well, I understand why they were saying what they said. They simply didn't want to be the ones appearing to cast any more doubt on an investigation that Mueller had to take over. That's their rationale anyway.

However, they chose the wrong information to apply that rationale to. The questions they were being asked, under normal circumstances, were innocuous...which boils down to "Did the President ask you a question?", and they chose that particular shield for their answers....that is the confusing part to me.

Rogers, Coates, Rosenstein and McCabe all said, under oath, they have never felt that they have been pressured by the President or anyone in the WH to do anything illegal or even suspect. They were very clear and that is all that is important.

There is nothing confusing about them refusing to be specific about Trump's words. They are experienced people. They would be aware that if they were drawn into a conversation about specifics that the people with a clear agenda to find a headline would have found one and THAT would be the big story to unfairly attack the President. I bet Trump DID use some specific language that could be construed as him asking if the investigation could be stopped.

Let me give you a scenario:

The Oval Office:
President : "Is there any way I can stop this investigation? - it's all BS"
Rogers : "No Mr President, you need to let it play out or you will be seen as interfering"
President : "Oh, ok...keep me informed"
Rogers : "Sure thing Mr President"

Hearing:
Any Democrat Senator : "Did the President ever ask you if you could stop the investigation?"
Rogers : "Well yes, but he was asking for advice"

Media:
CNN : "Bombshell : Rogers says Trump tried to get the NSA to call off the investigation in clear case of Obstruction of Justice"

Reaction
Democrats in Govt and anti-Trump people everywhere: Trump MUST be impeached. Clear proof He tried to block the investigation... Rogers just hung him.

You know that is how it works, so do Rogers, Rosenstein, Coates and McCabe and they refused to play the game. Good for them.
Note that they may have only refused to answer because they did not want to heap pressure on Mueller, having a guilty headline running in the media every day for the next 6 months whilst he was doing his job.

The same people who would have run with disinformation to try and hang the President are the ones now saying it's somehow odd the specific details of the conversation were refused to be given. It's a fallback narrative for those who had a bad day yesterday, not only missing out on what they wanted, but having all four witnesses so clearly state the President did nothing wrong.

edit on 8/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

You mean like CNN's headline that said Comey was going to deny he told Trump he was not under investigation?

By all means, please retrieve that exact headline.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Rogers, Coates, Rosenstein and McCabe all said, under oath, they have never felt that they have been pressured by the President or anyone in the WH to do anything illegal or even suspect. They were very clear and that is all that is important.

But that's not exactly what they said, is it? They declined to make a definitive statement "in public." When pressured, they did say that they were never asked to do anything illegal, unethical, or immoral... without specifying Trump. Since the job of intelligence agencies is to do things that are illegal, unethical and/or immoral, the statement strikes me as being odd.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   

thehill.com...

...and here is their corrected article after their BS spun by 4 'analysts' proved to be totally false.
edition.cnn.com...

where they state...

CORRECTION AND UPDATE: This article was published before Comey released his prepared opening statement. The article and headline have been corrected to reflect that Comey does not directly dispute that Trump was told multiple times he was not under investigation in his prepared testimony released after this story was published.

Like I said - ALL their fake news can be found.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   

CNN corrects Comey-testimony-prediction story

On CNN’s air, analyst Gloria Borger put matters more starkly, saying, “Comey is going to dispute the president on this point if he’s asked about it by senators, and we have to assume that he will be. He will say he never assured Donald Trump that he was not under investigation, that that would have been improper for him to do so.”

Wednesday afternoon produced a document that underscored the perils of such testimony-prediction.

@UKTruth : You beat me on that one ...

edit on 8-6-2017 by theultimatebelgianjoke because: -

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   

But that's not exactly what they said, is it? They declined to make a definitive statement "in public." When pressured, they did say that they were never asked to do anything illegal, unethical, or immoral... without specifying Trump. Since the job of intelligence agencies is to do things that are illegal, unethical and/or immoral, the statement strikes me as being odd.

Wrong - the President and the WH were specifically referenced.
I know it was a bad day for the anti-Trumpers, but changing history is not going to help you (or CNN for that matter).

edit on 8/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Wrong - the President and the WH were specifically referenced.

Sorry... could you find that in the transcript for me, please?

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join