It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey's Public hearing - opening statement

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: proximo

So you're cool with the President of the United States trying to prevent the Department of Justice with investigating a Russian agent? Noted.

Please provide proof that Flynn is a Russian agent.

I believe it was Manafort that filed as a Russian agent. Flynn register as one of Turkey.

I asked for proof that Flynn is a Russian agent, which you have not supplied.

I never made the claim that he was and so it is not my responsibility to provide you anything. I was just trying to inject some context in to the issue.

Irrelevant context, but thanks anyway.

Irrelevant, even though I provided content that has shown Flynn was registered as a agent of Turkey and not Russia...which was the crux of your point, correct?

No. There was a claim made that Flynn was a Russian agent and I was asking for proof of that.

Yes, and I said that Flynn was an agent registered to Turkey, not Russia.

I corroborated your point, did I not?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: allsee4eye
a reply to: angeldoll

I need loyalty could be interpreted as I need you loyal to your office. There's nothing there that suggest I need your loyalty to me. In any event, it is a sentence fragment which does not have a conclusive interpretation.

Why do you suppose he fired Comey? Just curious as to your thoughts.

1. He didn't think much of him to begin with due to the Hillary debacle.

2. He did not like his last testimony in front of congress, where among other things he provided false testimony, but also basically made clear he was not a fan of trump.

3. He would not announce trump himself was not under investigation, comeys statement today makes this clear.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

I need loyalty could be interpreted as I need you loyal to your office. There's nothing there that suggest I need your loyalty to me. In any event, it is a sentence fragment which does not have a conclusive interpretation.

2. He did not like his last testimony in front of congress, where among other things he provided false testimony, but also basically made clear he was not a fan of trump.

3. He would not announce trump himself was not under investigation, comeys statement today makes this clear.

In the world of normalcy, do those things justify firing from a 10 year federal appointed, vetted job? Or does it seem whimsical and self-centered at all to you?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

In the world of normalcy, do those things justify firing from a 10 year federal appointed, vetted job?
No idea what you mean by 'vetted', can you explain?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

In the world of normalcy, do those things justify firing from a 10 year federal appointed, vetted job?

He has to be confirmed by the Senate.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
This is the oddest way to write a statement. It reads more like a novel or short story with characters introduced or mentioned in the oddest places and in the oddest descriptive ways.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I think he was providing context.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Murder She Wrote, mixed with a bit of LE.

He had a lot of things he had to make sure he kept
notes on, so he wouldn't mess up his narrative.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

O.K. understood.

imho Comey had politicized the FBI during the 2016 presidential campaign and he had to go.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Bill Clinton fired people at will, there were no hearings
questioning him. Now it could be Jeff Sessions
prosecuting his wife.

Cosmic Payback?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

O.K. understood.

imho Comey had politicized the FBI during the 2016 presidential campaign and he had to go.

I wasn't thrilled with what he did to Clinton either, although I doubt that's what you mean.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Bill Clinton fired people at will, there were no hearings
questioning him. Now it could be Jeff Sessions
prosecuting his wife.

Cosmic Payback?

Jess Sessions prosecuting his wife? lol. for what?

Oh please, nevermind. Let's not go there. Let's just say I doubt that will ever happen.

Although there has been a great deal of persecution, I don't see prosecution in Hillary's future.
edit on 6/7/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

O.K. understood.

I wasn't thrilled with what he did to Clinton either, although I doubt that's what you mean.

Both sides were pissed at him at one point or another.

In my opinion, for what it's worth, I think he did his job and tried to be open and honest, despite the political ramifications.

Ya, it may have sucked to hear that they had to look further in to the Clinton email issue again when they found Weiner/Huma's laptop, but he was honest about to the public/committees.

Ya, it may have sucked to hear that people around Trump were being investigated in regards to Russia, but he was honest about it to the public/committees.

He's a political casualty no matter what because people cannot accept truth. They just want their team to come out on top.
edit on 7-6-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-6-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

What I see coming out of the Comey testimony is nothing new, classified information is already been known by Muller and the special counsel, the pony show that the Democrats in the intelligence panel wanted was all base on opinions that will bring more speculations to the Russian Trump affair.

That is not going to happen, this time the Democrats will not have a show to keep holding too for their witch hunt.

The salivation about some reveal and incredible confession about Trump by Comey is not going to happen.

Because is nothing there to make it happen.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Well, well, well... looks like Comey folded. Smart move.

"Better hope there are no tapes of the conversation"... after reading Comey's statement, I am more convinced than ever that the tapes were made by the FBI and seized when Comey was fired. That was the only logical reason to fire him that way, to make sure evidence wasn't destroyed. What evidence? The evidence that the FBI has been acting as a blackmail threat toward politicians since J. Edgar Hoover. Hoover collected evidence against politicians and used it to get what he wanted... play ball and everything you do quietly disappears, but cross me and it all comes back.

Comey was different than Hoover, though. Hoover was the alpha, whereas Comey was (is?) a puppet for the Clintons/Bushes... and Obama as well, of course. Comey's firing was the worst case scenario for the establishment. All their dirty little secrets in the hands of Jeff Sessions and under the watchful eye of Donald Trump.

Comey had a choice to make: take on Trump head-first, backing the propaganda the MSM and DNC have been spewing for months, or let Trump off the hook and hope for mercy... raise or fold. Comey folded. He worded the statement to carefully make himself look like the upstanding professional trying to do the right thing and help a clueless inexperienced President. In some ways, it was easy to do; Comey wanted nothing to do with Trump's plans, and Trump is inexperienced... that's why he got elected, after all.

Tomorrow will likely be quite humorous for those who don't hate Trump (and painful for those who do). I expect the Senators to go insane trying to convince Comey to say something, anything that will keep their Russian smokescreen going. I doubt it will work. Comey knows what he's doing, and he's going to cover his own rear and let everyone else burn. If he's smart, he'll take all that Clinton money and disappear somewhere out of reach of assassins afterward.

2018 was just decided. Trump's name is being cleared, despite the hateful rhetoric. Those who have tried to oppose him have now lost all credibility with their constituents. The swamp is starting to drain; Reality Leigh Winner is only the first in a long line of casualties moving up the chain of power. Come election day, every politician not yet exposed will get the opportunity to answer one simple question:

"Besides wasting time trying to impeach an innocent man, what have you done your last two years?"

I can't wait to hear some of the answers to that.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

If he's smart, he'll take all that Clinton money and disappear somewhere out of reach of assassins afterward.

By chance, could you prove that he got paid-off by Clinton?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

In the world of normalcy, do those things justify firing from a 10 year federal appointed, vetted job? Or does it seem whimsical and self-centered at all to you?

Well, if it were me he would have been fired on day 1.

I think trump regrets not getting rid of him now too. When an employee is already on shaky ground, then proceeds to basically disrespect you in public, the result is not that surprising.

Was the firing handled well, no. Is trump overly sensitive, maybe. But it is hard for me to criticize him for wanting his employees not to dis him, when he is under the most vicious media assault of all time.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

It pissed me off when I found out they had been looking at Trump and his garbage for a year, and he said not a peep,
but he didn't have a problem calling Hillary on the carpet, contributing to the cluster# that was her undoing.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

O.K. understood.

Yes it was. Some say he cost her the election. I disagree with that, i think Trump would have won anyways, but Comey proved to me he was a dangerous man to have in that office.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

Proximo, Trump is his own worst enemy.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join