It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The House Oversight Committee is accusing Eric Holder of obstructing justice

page: 1

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Fast and Furious report slams Holder, DOJ for deception in gun-running scandal

The House Oversight Committee just released a 300-page report that accuses Eric Holder and the Obama-era DOJ of lying to Congress about the "Fast & Furious" gun-running scandal.

The new report states that the Justice Department knew before Terry’s death in 2010 that the ATF was “walking” firearms to Mexico and knew the day after the agent’s death that weapons from Fast and Furious were involved in the shootout, despite denying these facts to the media.

The report also says that Holder’s Justice Department stonewalled inquiries from Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, and deceptively told him that the “ATF makes every effort to interdict” firearms purchased by straw buyers. The controversial act of straw purchases – where a person who is prohibited from buying firearms uses another person to buy a gun on his or her behalf – has been a popular method that Mexico’s drug cartels use to obtain guns.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
All coming out in the open now !!

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

They're seriously just now getting to this?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Holder should be HELD to the highest of standards. He was the f***ing Attorney General of the United States! He is complicit and should be tried.

Meanwhile scumbag George Soros' son, Alex on instagram praises Holder, Bono of U2, and all these other elitist crooks. F*** the lot of them!

Check out this quote from the FoxNews article:

"...the Justice Department under Holder actively tried to hide the facts from the loved ones of slain Border Patrol Brian Terry – seeing his family as more of a “nuisance” than one deserving straight answers -- and at times being openly hostile to them."

Can you say "SCUMBAG" ?

edit on 7-6-2017 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: bender151

That was my first reaction too. Then I realized that it wasn't going to come out while the perpetrators were still in power.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Fast and Furious report slams Holder, DOJ for deception in gun-running scandal

The House Oversight Committee just released a 300-page report that accuses Eric Holder and the Obama-era DOJ of lying to Congress about the "Fast & Furious" gun-running scandal.

The new report states that the Justice Department knew before Terry’s death in 2010 that the ATF was “walking” firearms to Mexico and knew the day after the agent’s death that weapons from Fast and Furious were involved in the shootout, despite denying these facts to the media.

The report also says that Holder’s Justice Department stonewalled inquiries from Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, and deceptively told him that the “ATF makes every effort to interdict” firearms purchased by straw buyers. The controversial act of straw purchases – where a person who is prohibited from buying firearms uses another person to buy a gun on his or her behalf – has been a popular method that Mexico’s drug cartels use to obtain guns.

And so the long game is coming to fruition! Sooner than I thought but was going to happen anyways!

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
It's so sad when reports of corruption in high places of government are just run-of-the-mill.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
It's also sad when none of the criminals behind these high up crimes even get tried for their crimes... they just keep pulling strings from their ivory towers.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
It's also sad when none of the criminals behind these high up crimes even get tried for their crimes... they just keep pulling strings from their ivory towers.

Which is what I meant by "run-of-the-mill." They will suffer no more for this than if they'd been ticketed for jay-walking. Maybe less.

Try the "no criminal intent" defense next time you get a speeding ticket. I mean, how many people ticketed for speeding actually had an criminal intent when caught. Every one I've gotten, I didn't realize I was speeding at the moment, just in a hurry and not paying attention.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

It would be interesting though if this did cause issues for Holder since California has hired him to defend them from the Big, Bad, Trump Admin.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Good, the swamp is slowly draining and all the corruption is beginning to reveal itself.
The DNC (Clinton's, Clapper, Holder, Obama, ...) are throwing what ever swamp sewage that they can think of on Trump, in a pathetic attempt to distract the public from this righteous investigation. As with the current body count from the Klinton Regime escalates, Holder had better testify truthfully and quickly so that he can go into protective custody.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Looks like Holder is a target - he'd be an excellent person to take down. This news is on the back of the DoJ ending the Obama era use of tax payers money for slush funds to pay 3rd party liberal groups... something the Federalist called illegal.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Holder is a complete POS... Just like Loretta Lynch, HRC and so many of Obama's other "people".... I hope he is tried to the highest degree. He is a criminal. He wasn't the AG that had the peoples best interest at heart..

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Isn't this the mess Obama tried sweeping up with executive privilege?

Won't be holding my breath to see anyone involved face consequences, but it would be nice for a change.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: bender151

Congress only works 138 days a year.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
Won't be holding my breath to see anyone involved face consequences, but it would be nice for a change.

I wholeheartedly agree. If Trump had any intention ... he never would have magnanimously let Hillary off the hook.

The American people will never see justice until they take the government back into their own hands.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

I wholeheartedly agree. If Trump had any intention ... he never would have magnanimously let Hillary off the hook.

The American people will never see justice until they take the government back into their own hands.

We can't take the government back into our own hands. This is how the political class behaves when we try, and Trump doesn't really qualify as "us;" he's just not "them."

At this point, I think the only solution is to take off and nuke it from orbit and start over with the COTUS and random names drawn out of a hat.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

18 U.S. Code § 1505 - Obstruction of proceedings before departments, agencies, and committees

Whoever corruptly, or by threats or force, or by any threatening letter or communication influences, obstructs, or impedes or endeavors to influence, obstruct, or impede the due and proper administration of the law under which any pending proceeding is being had before any department or agency of the United States, or the due and proper exercise of the power of inquiry under which any inquiry or investigation is being had by either House, or any committee of either House or any joint committee of the Congress—

Shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 5 years or, if the offense involves international or domestic terrorism (as defined in section 2331), imprisoned not more than 8 years, or both.

I suppose whether the behavior of Attorney General Holder's Justice Department actually violated federal law has yet to be determined, but I would sure like to see the matter decided by a court.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Ya think about time. During Obbumers time in office the lines between the good guys and the bad were so badly twisted it was hard to decipher the difference of either

top topics

join