It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Dies After Cop’s Husband Puts Him In Chokehold Outside Denny’s

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

Lol I'm using my phone I've gone back and corrected where I've noticed lol

Jaden

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Yes that's how it works. You are perfectly allowed to confront someone for anything. If they attack you, you are within your rights to defend yourself

Jaden
edit on 7-6-2017 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

Texas penal code 9-32

(C)(2)did not provoke the person against whom the force was used - See more at: codes.findlaw.com...

So no you're not allowed to provoke somebody kill them and claim self defense.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Jdubious

Confronting someone for breaking the law is not provoking them. Next.

Jaden

Now if he said come on hit me, that's a different story, but like I said we don't know enough yet.
edit on 7-6-2017 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

So a low life gets snuffed which is unfortunate, but public intoxication, public indecency, and assault was a bad wager to make in Texas.
By saying that i am in no way excusing the husband actions of choking the man for 15 minutes and killing him in the process. He will most likely get prosecuted and face judgment in the legal system. Actions have consequences on both sides of the story.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
What we don't know or I don't know maybe it's been written is did the deputy's husband threaten the Hernandez fella? Did Hernandez feel that he was defending himself or his wife? I don't know if Texas law allows for homicide to be the legal response to a punch being thrown in one's direction. Did the deputy's husband shove first and then get punched and it escalated from there?
I suppose that will come out in court or if the entire video is made public at some point.
The fella on the ground did not appear, to me, to be struggling very hard. Yes, he was kicking his legs but, it looked more in desperation than actually trying to move the man off of him.
I wonder does the act of urinating in public rise to a punishment of death? Would that be lewd and lascivious in Texas? Indecent exposure I would imagine would only carry a fine? A ticketable offense or jail time and bond?
Someone there should have been the voice of reason and broke it up, long before it got so out of hand but, I understand that people are so hesitant to get involved these days. I wonder if that's his wife in the video that comes in and out of the frame a time or two?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

You're allowed to confront somebody if.

(B) to prevent the other's imminent commission of aggravated kidnapping, murder, sexual assault, aggravated sexual assault, robbery, or aggravated robbery. - See more at: codes.findlaw.com...

Wrong again, sure you can defend yourself just not with deadly force. And choking somebody for 10-15 minutes IMO is using deadly force.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Nope. It is in fact not your responsibility, job, cross to bear, or anything else to go up to people and tell them that you think their behavior is wrong.

That, in a nutshell, is one of the biggest problems we have right now: people like you are convinced you're here to right what you perceive to be wrongs and go around doing things like that rather than taking care of yourselves.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarkOfTheV
a reply to: thesaneone

Yup... I care about proper grammar and spelling.

It's how we separate the adults from the children.

It's how we separate the educated from the uneducated.

Just plain wrong. I have known Men and Women who have zero school education who have a kind of smart others could never know who could probably teach you a few things about life. There are young and old who for various reasons spell phonically or wrong be it second languages or youth it has nothing at all to do with them being able to judge a situation, as well as Einstien, might.
Then again maybe you have a great grammar/spelling program running and they don't.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: RogueWaterC1

So a low life gets snuffed which is unfortunate, but public intoxication, public indecency, and assault was a bad wager to make in Texas.
By saying that i am in no way excusing the husband actions of choking the man for 15 minutes and killing him in the process. He will most likely get prosecuted and face judgment in the legal system. Actions have consequences on both sides of the story.

You know same goes the other side of the coin as far as not knowing. This guy had been drinking he was with his wife and their little kid in the restaurant because she wanted to sober him up by feeding him and they left the restaurant and he did his thing. We have no idea why or what. They guy could have just attended his Brothers funeral, we are guessing!

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden

It is every able bodied mans responsibility to step up and tell people when they're behaving wrongly.

It's the chicken # pussies like you who don't that has made society so #ty.

Jaden

hahahaahahah
actually its not
i might be a chicken # pussy but if i choke a dude he will go out pretty fast
but im a pussy so i dont do that
you=textbook cowboy

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
In Texas there is law that define the level of force a person can use in self defense.

Being hit by someone doesn't necessarily mean deadly force can be used against them.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Yes that's how it works. You are perfectly allowed to confront someone for anything. If they attack you, you are within your rights to defend yourself

Jaden

ok cool mr cowboy
youre allowed
but he is facing charges and will probably be in jail for a good while so # him.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

That, in a nutshell, is one of the biggest problems we have right now: people like you are convinced you're here to right what you perceive to be wrongs and go around doing things like that rather than taking care of yourselves.

and that is my definition of a cowboy. in this context, not an actual cowboy for all the whiners.

and people like this is why i say i am not totally comfortable with more guns on the street. i know this is not a gun rights debates but i started the thread so i will drift it.
im not saying take guns away. all i am saying is people say that oh if more citizens had guns then we would be safer.
maybe. maybe not

there are cowboys like this that are legal gun owners. by the law.

does not mean they dont have this attitude that they are going to right some perceived wrong.

i mentioned a story in another thread where a woman was walking into a walmart and a dude snatched her purse. a woman with her pulled her piece and started popping off as the dude ran away.

i say you dont deserve to die for stealing a purse. someone in that thread said you do.
ok. lets go with that.
dude deserved to die for stealing a purse.....i dont deserve to die while the cowboy shoots and misses at the guy stealing the purse.

there are so many variables in these situations and these good citizen types swoop in and try to save the day or right a perceived wrong and they wind up making # so much worse.

look at this situation.

instead of just calling the cops and/or taking his brood away from the pisser and confronts and now look. even if the pisser was wasted and even if the pisser started touching him up and he absolutely had to defend himself with a choke for 15 minutes cause it is every able bodied mans duty....whats the result.
a dude is dead
his wife is suspended
he is facing charges
probably gonna go to jail for a bit and even if not im sure it will cost some money and time for the defense

good call cowboy. instead of calling the cops or just not being and shrugging it off. tell the manager. tell the wife. move the kids away from where they can see and call the wife and tell her that you all should go somewhere else cause there is a pisser.

lots of options and they would have been better than this

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

.... as well as Einstien, might.

*Einstein

Not sure what point you are trying to make. Using the "exceptions to the rule" argument is pretty lame and save for the rather odd and rare autistic genius, grammar is a pretty reliable way to separate an idiot from someone worthy of carrying on a conversation with.

And you know, gosh, it might be worth mentioning that this is a forum where the only form of communication is written language. I'd say a decent grasp of grammar is pretty important.

edit on 7-6-2017 by MarkOfTheV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

a reply to: grey580

You do realize that when defending yourself you can accidentally kill an assailant without it being murder and without him having to do anything other than simple assault to begin the altercation?

Jaden

So he accidentally, for 10-15 minutes, killed the guy in self defence.

While his ineffective copper wife stood by watching, and bikey mcbiker stood in front of the guy with the camera.

You ever seen that movie, "The Horribly Slow Murderer with the Extremely Inefficient Weapon"?

Seems this guy should have been the villain.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

This ridiculous attitude is why there is so much wrong done. Let's call they cops so they can show up a half an hour after the guy leaves.

It is every able bodied mans responsibility to step up and tell people when they're behaving wrongly.

It's the chicken # pussies like you who don't that has made society so #ty.

Jaden

Nah bruh, we need judges on the street.. "You broke da law. Sentence. Death."

Oh wait, we have on on camera.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

a reply to: roadgravel

There's also a difference from telling someone ill piss where i want and saying # you and jumping at them and punching them. Wee don't know enough to say whether this was justified or not yet.

Jaden

Hahaha... oh man, thank god you are in no position of power.

You DO NOT choke people to death for pissing on a wall. End of.

If you do, your wife gets taken off active duty and you should face manslaughter charges, which when all circumstances are taken into consideration determine what punishment you receive. But you do receive punishment. You took a mans life for sticking your nose in, when you should have let the law do their job, especially when the LAW is right beside you and is your damn wife.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

especially when the LAW is right beside you and is your damn wife.

haha. So true.

Looks like she was letting him do the heavy lifting. Maybe she is afraid of him so she lets him go at it.

edit:

Gotta wonder what she was thinking...
edit on 6/7/2017 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

Remember "Hands up, don't shoot?". Never happened.

You don't know that. It could be neither confirmed nor denied. Period. School yourself... or just quit lying.

Here is everything police and witnesses said happened when Michael Brown was killed

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join