It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Dies After Cop’s Husband Puts Him In Chokehold Outside Denny’s

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

Dude if you're going to be so pretentious as to sign your name to a post, you might work on your grammar. You barely completed a coherent thought let alone a decent argument.

But sure I'll bite... once again you, like many others in this thread, are advocating a fight to the death.

You understand the difference right? A small squabble with some busted lips and choking a man to death.

Are you really that desensitized?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

You do realize that when defending yourself you can accidentally kill an assailant without it being murder and without him having to do anything other than simple assault to begin the altercation?

Jaden

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

You do realize he didn't even need to confront.
He confronts. He kills. Not his fault.
Got it

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

Dude if you're going to be so pretentious as to sign your name to a post, you might work on your grammar.

When all else fails go after the grammar.

Classy.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

This ridiculous attitude is why there is so much wrong done. Let's call they cops so they can show up a half an hour after the guy leaves.

It is every able bodied mans responsibility to step up and tell people when they're behaving wrongly.

It's the chicken # pussies like you who don't that has made society so #ty.

Jaden
edit on 7-6-2017 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Yup... I care about proper grammar and spelling.

It's how we separate the adults from the children.

It's how we separate the educated from the uneducated.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Here is a longer article from the Houston Chronicle.

Even if the drunk threw the first punch, this seems to go beyond reasonable force. Sitting on and chocking a man for 10 to 15 minutes seems excessive.

The cause of death was listed as "anoxic encephalopathy due to strangulation with chest compression." That essentially means he died because he was strangled and could not breathe.

Dr. Thomas Kosten, a Baylor College of Medicine professor who teaches pathology, explained in an email that anoxic encephalopathy means the man's brain was deprived of oxygen.

Anyway, a Grand Jury will decide if charges should be made.
edit on 6/7/2017 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

No, it is not your responsibility to "police" everybody for everything, all the time.

But that explains a lot about you, at least.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

He was being choked for 10-15 minutes, that is not an accident that is intentional. You have heard of manslaughter right? And in this case I would think it is voluntary manslaughter.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
double post
edit on 7-6-2017 by Jdubious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

It depends. If the man continued to struggle and threaten and represented a threat it is not unreasonable force.

Like you said though a great ng jury will decide when presented with the evidence, all this threads shows are peoples biases.

Jaden

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Yes it is. It is everyone's job in society to point out where behavior is wrong. It is not someone's hob to respond to being called wrong with assault and or threaten someone who points it out.

Jaden
edit on 7-6-2017 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

You might want to read up on Texas laws.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
a reply to: Shamrock6

Yes it is. It is everyone's job in society to point out where behavior is wrong. It is not someone's hob to respond to being called wrong to assault and or threaten someone who points it out.

Jaden

That's some effed up logic.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
There is a difference in

Telling someone not to urinate in public

and

Killing someone who is urinating in public

I know some see it as a fine line, but the line is there.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

You might want to quote these Texas laws if you're trying to make a point lol.

Jaden

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

There's also a difference from telling someone ill piss where i want and saying # you and jumping at them and punching them. Wee don't know enough to say whether this was justified or not yet.

Jaden

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

Though it's a few pages in, I'm just going to go on a line and say that you're a terrible person. I understand what you're saying when you say that we "don't know the whole story", but we don't need the whole story to know that one should not defend this. There is no reason at all this man should be dead.

The guy may have been a drunken a-hole who got violent because he was confronted about his public urination, but he didn't deserve to die for it. In fact, he didn't even have to die because of it. I'm sorry, anyone who knows choke-holds should understand how dangerous they can be. They can be used to subdue someone, and they can easily be used to kill someone. If the guy knows choke-holds, then I'm sure he knows a bunch of other holds as well that would've detained the person without killing them. If he's never been trained with choke-holds, then why the hell is he even using one!? There are plenty of ways he could have held him and kept his arms from reaching anything like a weapon, especially with his wife nearby......his wife who is a cop and also trained!!!

There were plenty of options to use here, and they went with one of the most terrible ones. I have to agree with the guy in the video as well, the wife of all people should understand what an illegal choke-hold is, and rather than stop her husband, she let him use it while yelling at the guy who was dying.

Here's a question for you?? Have you even been sat on like that while in a choke-hold?? In the video, all I kept hearing the guy say is "You want to be hit again??", which I assume is because the guy isn't holding still. Well, having a fat guy sitting on your back like that while choking you will cause anyone to panic. The pain on your spine from the weight, as well as being bent backwards because of the choke-hold, on top of not being able to breathe, yeah, good luck not panicking then.

***edit***

Watching the video again, it doesn't look like he's pulling back on the guy too much, so the pain on his spine may not be as bad as I was initially thinking. I used to practice wrestling moves on my brother a lot, as well as had them done on me. That spinal pain can hurt. With that said, though, the guy on top of him was huge, I'm sure some claustrophobia kicked in as well. I doubt many people could hold completely still in said situation, which sucks, because then cops can use that as a means to justify their further use of force. Harm the person, cause them to flail and panic, then harm them some more because now it's justified. :
edit on 7-6-2017 by Necrobile because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Too lazy to pull up Texas statutes and read them?
edit on 6/7/2017 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Would any reasonably intelligent person believe that chocking a person for 10 to 15 minutes is not life threatening?

I don't think so.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join