It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Dies After Cop’s Husband Puts Him In Chokehold Outside Denny’s

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TXTriker

originally posted by: flatbush71
a reply to: TXTriker

Thanks for the update and info T.

Are there any videos of the neighbors making statements about the Thompsons ?

Buck

They may have some on KPRC's website. I will look.

Sorry I said KPRC but I meant KHOU local channel 11. Here is one link that has a couple of videos on the case but not the neighbors yet. Still lookinwww.khou.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

In my case if the pisser had a gun or knife, I too have a gun. Confrontation doesn't have to be violent by the way either. "Hey man, why don't you put that away and let's get you inside." or to his car so his wife can drive him away. Again I want to stress I am in no way saying this played out the in a good way, and certainly no one should die for pissing on a building.

Just like if I'm out walking around and someone is littering I'm gonna call them out on that, where it goes from there is on them. Screw this "not my problem" mentality.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: flatbush71

Thanks for the update and info T.

Are there any videos of the neighbors making statements about the Thompsons ?

Buck

They may have some on KPRC's website. I will look.

Still have not found specific video on neighbors but will look some more

Sorry I said KPRC but I meant KHOU local channel 11. Here is one link that has a couple of videos on the case but not the neighbors yet. Still lookinwww.khou.com...

Sorry to keep quoting myself. Here is a link to local ABC site. This one has several stories on the case including an interview with an ex-fiance. The one that came up for me was what we know about the couple.

abc13.com...

For what it's worth, no one that I've talked has disagreed that they should both fry.

edit on 6/10/2017 by TXTriker because: extra

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: uninspired
If he hadn't been drunk and pissing outside this conversation wouldn't be happening.

true.
but the dude did not have to confront him. the pisser could have pissed and the guy could have passed on confronting and this wouldnt have happened either.

you seem to have a level head i suppose but in you say you carry and you would confront him or confront someone for littering and where it goes from there is on them.
thats a cowboy attitude too.

you confront for littering. dude gets in your # about it. things escalate. maybe he has a gun. he pulls you pull someone shoots. thats bad news at the end of the day.
you could have just not confronted...

whatever. i just dont agree with that attitude. that is why there is law enforcement. it is not the average citizens duty or responsibility to confront people for # like this. that is how bad things happen and people get hurt.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I've searched all the local sites and haven't found a video about the neighbors interviews. Even checked the Chronicle (local paper).

Not sure what station it was on but it may have been removed due to so many other videos or for whatever reason or it may have been on the radio.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I've searched all the local sites and haven't found a video about the neighbors interviews. Even checked the Chronicle (local paper).

Not sure what station it was on but it may have been removed due to so many other videos or for whatever reason or it may have been on the radio.

dont matter.
those interviews dont mean #

the green river kilers neighbors said he was the nicest dude too.
same with john wayne gacy.

just cause your neighbors say nice # about you does not mean youre a nice guy and not a hothead cowboy which this dude clearly was.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Thanks for links T. There's a lot of background coming out in articles.

Buck

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

See it's not the drunk guys fault, could never be his fault, he also needs to take responsibility for his actions.

I don't think anyone is saying that. It seems to me that what is being said is that it wasn't a big deal, because it really isn't.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: uninspired

Or..you mind your own, call the cops..rather than start a confrontation in front of your kids, not a smart course of action.

No, I'll call the guy out, he shouldn't be drunk with his genitals out in a public place. See it's not the drunk guys fault, could never be his fault, he also needs to take responsibility for his actions. EVERYONE could have done things differently and no one should die for something as stupid as this. If he hadn't been drunk and pissing outside this conversation wouldn't be happening.

And should any confrontation by you calling said drunk out result in said drunks death, YOU should be charged with manslaughter.

You want to play hero games, win hero prizes. no cape for you.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

dont matter.
those interviews dont mean #

the green river kilers neighbors said he was the nicest dude too.
same with john wayne gacy.

just cause your neighbors say nice # about you does not mean youre a nice guy and not a hothead cowboy which this dude clearly was.

They didn't say nice things. They talked about his temper and what a**es they were.
edit on 6/17/2017 by TXTriker because: grammar
which is what my first post stated.
edit on 6/17/2017 by TXTriker because: completion

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Maroboduus

ACtually, the law on when the threat ends is different from state to state. He may very well be guilty of manslaughter in his state.

The bandwagon everyone saying that he had no place confronting a guy for pissing in public is what I have a problem with and then people claiming he can't defend himself if attacked.

Yes, we can confront anyone for anything that we believe is wrong. It is absolutely moral to do so. If they attack us for confronting them we can absolutely defend ourselves.

Did this guy step over the line? Quite possibly, but to say he had no business confronting the guy in the first place and that that alone makes him guilty of murder? That's asinine.

Jaden

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

LOL I'm far from a liberal OR a pussy. Defending yourself and confronting people for doing wrong are pretty much the opposite of both of those things.

Jaden

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

LOL. You're espousing that he killed a man for pissing on the wall. That is quite likely NOT what happened. Had the man said, I'm sorry, I won't do it in the future, I'm pretty sure he would be alive today.

Saying # you, I'll beat your ass and then attacking someone is much more likely what got him killed.

Jaden

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

I wholeheartedly agree, the problem I have is people saying that you don't have the freedom to confront someone for doing something wrong and then the right to defend yourself if they attack you for confronting them.

People who haven't been in and or trained in combat don't have the slightest clue how fragile the human body is and how easy it is to severely damage and or kill a human. Any time you get in an altercation, there is a good possibility that you or the other person can end up dead.

If I had been in this situation, first off, I wouldn't have likely confronted him. Secondly, he more than likely wouldn't have ended up dead regardless. However, to say that if I DID confront him and he DID attack me and he DID end up dying would automatically make me guilty of murder just because I verbally confronted him and told him what he was doing was wrong is asinine.

Jaden

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
There's no excuse for that type of behavior. He was acting like an animal and I don't feel bad for him.

Trying to turn this into a "cops are bad people" thread by bringing the guy's wife into it is really low. It could have been anyone who put down the animal, and I still wouldn't feel bad about it.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I'm curious as to what those who are defending the cops husband think about the kid who was detained in North Korea and died as a result.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: peskyhumans
There's no excuse for that type of behavior. He was acting like an animal and I don't feel bad for him.

Trying to turn this into a "cops are bad people" thread by bringing the guy's wife into it is really low. It could have been anyone who put down the animal, and I still wouldn't feel bad about it.

The thing with this statement that I find messed up is that if it was an animal pissing in the parking lot no one would bat an eye. It seems that most people who think that confronting the pisser was fine is because he was exposing himself. Is this really the case? I haven't read anything that said his junk was flapping in the breeze. He could have been up against a car / wall whatever.

Killing someone over public urination is wrong. People who feel that killing someone for public urination is ok are wrong and IMO slightly demented and should probably remove themselves from society because I for one don't need your type of justice.
edit on 20-6-2017 by Gargamel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I hate to burst your bubble here, but you don't know what type of force was exerted by the deceased prior to being taken to the ground. Getting off may have very well put the defendant in grievous harm based on the start of the altercation. Holding him down may be within the same level of force exerted by the deceased which would make it fully within the realm of self defense.

We are to be presumed innocent in this damn country, I wish people would remember that.

The relevant laws and adjudications will be represented in court, hopefully...

Jaden

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

You are still at it?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
a reply to: roadgravel

I hate to burst your bubble here, but you don't know what type of force was exerted by the deceased prior to being taken to the ground. Getting off may have very well put the defendant in grievous harm based on the start of the altercation. Holding him down may be within the same level of force exerted by the deceased which would make it fully within the realm of self defense.

We are to be presumed innocent in this damn country, I wish people would remember that.

The relevant laws and adjudications will be represented in court, hopefully...

Jaden

The most important part of your statement was that the guy was brought to the ground.

From all accounts the pisser was on the ground, his face turning purple, his legs twitching, people in the crowd telling him to get off because the guy looks like he is in distress. This does not sound like someone who is still a threat.

But whatever, the guys life is not worth as much as your entitled sensibilities I suppose.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join