It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Dies After Cop’s Husband Puts Him In Chokehold Outside Denny’s

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

and i already told you that i am not using the term cowboy to mean an actual cowboy so what is your problem?

i cant believe so many people are bunged up about this term cowboy.

for the tenth time the term cowboy can also be used to describe someone who is a show off or a hot head type or a save the day type...
get over it man

i use the term all the time and im not #ing gonna stop so deal with it or dont....

words can mean different things in different contexts.....damn
edit on 9-6-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

if this story wasnt from texas but from like new york city and i used the term cowboy would you still be crying?
edit on 9-6-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

He also already told you that he is using it in another manner:
Cowboy

Informal. a reckless or irresponsible person, especially a show-off or one who undertakes a dangerous or sensitive task heedlessly

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

He also already told you that he is using it in another manner:
Cowboy

Informal. a reckless or irresponsible person, especially a show-off or one who undertakes a dangerous or sensitive task heedlessly

thanks for that

i dont understands peoples friggin problem. like they dont know words can mean different #

i use the term all the time

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Are we sure that the guy didn't die from eating the food at Denny's? They make McDonald's look like fine dining.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
You guys are missing the bigger picture.
The first LEO did not arrive on scene until 43 minutes after the first call in complaint.
More than a dozen separate complaints were made.
Most departments , when receiving multiple complaints on a single address , roll cars pretty quick, but not in this case.
Why ?

When a LEO is involved and needs backup, response is very quick, as one of your own is in need of help unless..........

This is why I'm alleging that the call was sandbagged.

When certain LEOs who are how should I say it , unpopular, backup personnel have been known to drag their feet in response. For a variety of reasons.

Had a single officer showed up in the standard 10 minute time window, there is more than a reasonable doubt the alleged perpetrator would have survived the incident.

Something happened here that goes well outside the scope of normal procedure.
I believe a separate civil rights investigation is in order as there is more to this than what is being presented to the public.

Buck

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

That was certainly odd. I haven't heard that anyone said the deputy used her phone, as in calling the office.

I imagine that will be addressed at some point.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

That was certainly odd. I haven't heard that anyone said the deputy used her phone, as in calling the office.

You had a crowd of people on scene. Several gave Grand Jury testimony to that fact.
I also find it strange that the Deputy herself did not make a call.

This is not my first rodeo down in that area.

www.upi.com...

Buck

edit on 9-6-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Why would you not confront a man urinating outside a restaurant with your kids with you? So instead just ignore the man with his "johnson" in his hands, in front of your kids, in front of a restaurant?

Now no it shouldn't have ended the way it did. But I think alot parents would say something to a guy like that.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I don't know where you live but apparently its not in one the bigger U.S. cites.
You never walk up to stranger and start talking crap.

The guy that died had his children with him, not the Deputy and her husband.

Buck

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: uninspired

Or..you mind your own, call the cops..rather than start a confrontation in front of your kids, not a smart course of action.
edit on 10-6-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: uninspired
a reply to: TinySickTears

Why would you not confront a man urinating outside a restaurant with your kids with you? So instead just ignore the man with his "johnson" in his hands, in front of your kids, in front of a restaurant?

Now no it shouldn't have ended the way it did. But I think alot parents would say something to a guy like that.

cause im with my kids...
why would you do anything confrontational if it is not absolutely necessary when you are with your kids?
i dont get it
this is a perfect example of why you shouldnt...cause # could happen..
you never know how it could escalate and you have to protect your kids...sorry but confronting a person for pissing is not protecting your kid.
this dude did not know anything about the pisser. what if the pisser had a gun or a knife? what if he had got killed in front of his kid?
too many what ifs.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I never knew cowboy was used in such a way. Where I grew up, it always meant something like a country knight. Outlaw was used to refer to the types you're talking about. Outlaws take the law into their own hands.

Don't understand when good became bad and bad became good.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
If the worse thing in life my children ever see is some drunk guy urinating in a parking lot, how fortunate for them?
Yes, ignore the man with the penis in his hand. Or, tell your children to look away.
Would they be scarred for life?
No, I don't think either party's behavior was appropriate. A drunk person is an easy mark, I wonder if he would have been so cocky if the younger fella had been in complete control of is faculties? Parking lots are awful anyway. I've stepped over diapers, chewing tobacco, garbage, left over fries, sticky drinks and vomit. Let's get down to the nitty gritty of the issue. Did the cop's husband really feel as if he was saving society from such an egregious crime? Well, we won't know his motivation or thought process for awhile. I wonder if he was drunk also?

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta
I never knew cowboy was used in such a way. Where I grew up, it always meant something like a country knight. Outlaw was used to refer to the types you're talking about. Outlaws take the law into their own hands.

originally being called cowboy was a bad thing, until Hollywood rolled around. It actually meant someone who smells like cow stink. In the 1700's it meant you was a traitor... in the 1800's it meant you was an outlaw.

I just noticed almost everything on wikipedia is wrong about the word cowboy, it did not evolve from vaquero, cowhand or buckaroo. All one has to do is to find some very old history books to look this up.

So yeah, Cowboy is fitting for this Cop’s Husband or both...

edit on 10-6-2017 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta

see around here and where i grew up the term outlaw meant nothing like a person who takes the law in their own hands.
an outlaw is a person that lives outside the law...

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: beachbound
If the worse thing in life my children ever see is some drunk guy urinating in a parking lot, how fortunate for them?
Yes, ignore the man with the penis in his hand. Or, tell your children to look away.
Would they be scarred for life?
No, I don't think either party's behavior was appropriate. A drunk person is an easy mark, I wonder if he would have been so cocky if the younger fella had been in complete control of is faculties? Parking lots are awful anyway. I've stepped over diapers, chewing tobacco, garbage, left over fries, sticky drinks and vomit. Let's get down to the nitty gritty of the issue. Did the cop's husband really feel as if he was saving society from such an egregious crime? Well, we won't know his motivation or thought process for awhile. I wonder if he was drunk also?

yeah like thats the worse thing?
maybe people should stop being so #in sensative.
my daughter is 5 and if we rolled up and saw a dude pissing on the wall i would probably laugh at him and tell her that it is hilarious some idiot is pissing against the wall.
so not a big deal at all.

im willing to bet with the cowboys attitude his kid(s) probably saw and heard way worse # from him and his people.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I live near Houston. There have been a couple of things mentioned on the news that haven't been mentioned in the thread. Given though they are news reports not necessarily facts.

1. The first report filed with the DA was for assault by Hernandez. This reported by I believe HPD. It was video on KPRC of a news conference. The report did not mention the choking or that Hernandez was in distress. All of that was left out of the report so that charges were initially only filed against Hernandez.
2. The neighbors of the cop/husband have been interviewed and have nothing good to say about the couple and their attitudes.
3. Both the cop and the husband were given the opportunity to testify before the grand jury and declined.
4. Outside law enforcement agencies have been called in to do the investigation.
5. Hernandez was actually brain dead at the scene.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TXTriker

Thanks for the update and info T.

Are there any videos of the neighbors making statements about the Thompsons ?

Buck

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: flatbush71
a reply to: TXTriker

Thanks for the update and info T.

Are there any videos of the neighbors making statements about the Thompsons ?

Buck

They may have some on KPRC's website. I will look.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: uninspired

Or..you mind your own, call the cops..rather than start a confrontation in front of your kids, not a smart course of action.

No, I'll call the guy out, he shouldn't be drunk with his genitals out in a public place. See it's not the drunk guys fault, could never be his fault, he also needs to take responsibility for his actions. EVERYONE could have done things differently and no one should die for something as stupid as this. If he hadn't been drunk and pissing outside this conversation wouldn't be happening.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join