It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawsuit: GA Sheriff orders "hands on body searches" for Entire High School Student Body

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Hopefully every last one of those sons of bitches get sued into oblivion, I sure wouldn't hold me breath.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

If they searched every single student..obviously not.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
you guys sure are permissive no problem doing a warrentless search on a school full of kids as long as you use a dog ?
Ok note to elite NO WARRANT needed .
Suspecting drugs did he ? well i do believe that is not a legal cause to search anyone without a warrent heck really its not legal on teh streets let along a school .
think they have drugs GET A WARRENT better have some proof though judges wont sing one without some .
Anway back to the post .
Now were are all the good cops to say this is wrong law or no law come on there are cops here i seen them post .
Ps 51 and princable pulled our whole class out of class and searched our bodys ( women btw )
looking for spit guns .
so Its ok if its a boy as well going by the first post ?
grabbing boys junk doesn't seam to be as big a deal as grabbing a girls .
you know I hated having my junk grabbed by the PE doc probable just as much as the girls hated having there breast graded by the PE doc .
so tell me why is it so over looked when its a boy ? I was molested no big deal its a boy ?
she gets molested all of a sudden the molester should be raped in jail tortured and killed .
Dobble standers cant stand them male or female she can do the job better pay her more he can do the job better for god sake ask him to help move the 200 # dresser it doesn't make me Superior to you just physical stronger .
if aronald was around id ask his help lol

They don't need a warrant to search someone at a facility ran by the government. It is done with consent, the consent being that you are there. If you don't like it, then go to private school or home school.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDeLattre89

originally posted by: midnightstar
you guys sure are permissive no problem doing a warrentless search on a school full of kids as long as you use a dog ?
Ok note to elite NO WARRANT needed .
Suspecting drugs did he ? well i do believe that is not a legal cause to search anyone without a warrent heck really its not legal on teh streets let along a school .
think they have drugs GET A WARRENT better have some proof though judges wont sing one without some .
Anway back to the post .
Now were are all the good cops to say this is wrong law or no law come on there are cops here i seen them post .
Ps 51 and princable pulled our whole class out of class and searched our bodys ( women btw )
looking for spit guns .
so Its ok if its a boy as well going by the first post ?
grabbing boys junk doesn't seam to be as big a deal as grabbing a girls .
you know I hated having my junk grabbed by the PE doc probable just as much as the girls hated having there breast graded by the PE doc .
so tell me why is it so over looked when its a boy ? I was molested no big deal its a boy ?
she gets molested all of a sudden the molester should be raped in jail tortured and killed .
Dobble standers cant stand them male or female she can do the job better pay her more he can do the job better for god sake ask him to help move the 200 # dresser it doesn't make me Superior to you just physical stronger .
if aronald was around id ask his help lol

They don't need a warrant to search someone at a facility ran by the government. It is done with consent, the consent being that you are there. If you don't like it, then go to private school or home school.

What are you talking about? The fourth amendment is not nullified just because it's a government facility. The courts have ruled the 4th Amendment applies to students also unless, of course, there is reasonable suspicion. Read the links provided: school searches.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
dogs and more dogs ( when will people learn ( dogs learn faster it seams ( the dog will HIT on what ever the handler wants the dog to hit on .
No way to show the dog only hits on a drug when it can be tought to HIT on command and IS tought to do just that .
The dog is just a dog you still need to trust teh guy who comands the dog you know the one who wants to nack up his buddys

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

dogs and more dogs ( when will people learn ( dogs learn faster it seams ( the dog will HIT on what ever the handler wants the dog to hit on

True. But this is not a dog sniffing a single car and being cued to alert on said car; what, are the dogs' handlers going to get the dogs to alert on every single (900) person?

In this case, the point is about finding drugs.

And none were found, even after a search of all 900 students.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Update:

The Sheriff and two deputies were indicted for this:

WORTH COUNTY, Ga. - A south Georgia grand jury indicted Worth County Sheriff Jeff Hobby on Tuesday for sexual battery, false imprisonment and violation of oath of office after he ordered a school-wide search of hundreds of high school students. Deputies allegedly touched girls vaginas and breasts and groped boys in their groin area during the search at the Worth County High School April 14.

[url=http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/ga-sheriff-indicted-for-sexual-battery-in-high-school-drug-search/619590053?ecmp=wsbtv_social_twitter_sfp]Link[/u rl]

I suppose the indictment does make sense, seeing as how all students were forced to undergo hands on searches, including girls, feeling their breasts and between their legs, and the guys having there package handled with no reasonable suspicious.

Now, to see what actually happens.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
This will be interesting to follow.

In the US a citizen flying from one location in the US to another location in the US can be searched the same way and often are and that is held as being legal. People support it out of fear. If it's legal in one case is it illegal in another? Does being in a school remove normal Rights in the same way flying removes those Rights?

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I see what you're saying, but this is different, though. A better example would be the legality of searching every student before entering school every day, which would be similar to every person flying being searched.

In this case, it was a blanket search for drugs with no reasonable suspicion, which the courts have already ruled on (as mentioned in previous posts), hence the indictment.

Still, yes, it will be interesting to see the outcome.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Nothing removes those rights.

However, retaining those rights takes bigger balls and greater effort than most people tend to want to put in.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

a reply to: Liquesence

I suspect that searching students before letting them in a school is likely to become the norm as this progresses. Fear will lead to that soon I'm sure. Fear is such a powerful tool when it comes to getting people to give up Rights. With drugs, it's the epidemic of deaths from drug abuse that will win out in the end I think. People don't think beyond the moment and how freedom, true freedom, includes the risks that come along with it. I'm betting activist judges will accelerate it.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Its a disgrace.

Citizens of nations in which personal freedoms, liberties and rights are enshrined in law, should not be so willing to give up those things in order to save their mortal lives. Mortal life is worth nothing when compared to the freedom and liberty which animates it. Take those things away, and all you have is existence. That is, with respect, not worth enough alone to give up ANYTHING for.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I'm not sure searching students before entry will be commonplace, simply because it will involve too much time and resources (but it's still probable). We already have some school districts requiring see through backpacks (although mostly elementary school), and metal detectors could help (neither with which I agree) with weapons but not drugs. Then again, as you mentioned the aspect of "fear" combined with "But our Children!" might have an impact.

Yes, there are knee-jerk reactions, but I don't see blanket searching of children before entering school as realistic anytime soon, though. For that, SCOTUS decision would have to be overturned.
edit on 6-10-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join