It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The cost of leaking

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:
(post by network dude removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Ideally we would stop trying to spoon with Russia.

link   
a reply to: Kali74

Really
You want to be mad at all the nations that spy on the us or try to manipulate our government?
That line is awfully long.

www.newsweek.com...

ISRAEL FLAGGED AS TOP SPY THREAT TO U.S. IN NEW SNOWDEN/NSA DOCUMENT

The document also identified Israel, along with North Korea, Cuba and India, as a “leading threat” to the infrastructure of U.S. financial and banking institutions.

The term “manipulation/influence operations” refers to covert attempts by Israel to sway U.S. public opinion in its favor. In this, Israel has dubious company, according to the NSA: Other leading threats were listed as China, Russia, Cuba, Iran, Pakistan, North Korea, France, Venezuela and South Korea.

yea but the ruskies are the bad guys right????

You may want to look away, you might not like what you see.

link   
a reply to: Kali74

Did you ever get a virus on your computer?

Did it make you mad?

Did you get justice by finding the guy/kid who wrote the virus and distributed it?

Yea, me neither.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Perfectenemy

I didn't vote for Obama so I don't feel the need to justify anything he did or didn't do. Next?

So you're just a hyporite then because i doubt you voted for Trump either. Gotcha.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: network dude

If I kill a rapist, I feel like I did society a favor, but I would still be arrested for murder and rightfully so. We as a society have laws and they exist for a reason.

You're comparing rape to exposing gubment murder of innocents in unjust, aggressive war?

Do tell...

...then go watch Collateral Murder again to remind yourself.

I was simply using one crime against another.

Yah rape vs. Whistleblowing, I got that. Poor comparison.
Try comparing whistleblowing to telling on a rapist or murderer.

Oh, the 'crime' vanishes.

No, it doesn't vanish because telling on a rapist is not the same as leaking classified information. One is legal and the other is not.

If the 'classified' information is murder, telling (whistleblowing) is only 'illegal' in the eyes of the murderers, in this case the State.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Why? What's ideal about fostering a poor relationship with Russia? Will that stop them spying on the US?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

If I kill a rapist, I feel like I did society a favor, but I would still be arrested for murder and rightfully so. We as a society have laws and they exist for a reason.

You're comparing rape to exposing gubment murder of innocents in unjust, aggressive war?

Do tell...

No, it doesn't vanish because telling on a rapist is not the same as leaking classified information. One is legal and the other is not.

If the 'classified' information is murder, telling (whistleblowing) is only 'illegal' in the eyes of the murderers, in this case the State.

What are you talking about?

Reporting a murder is not illegal.
leaking classified information is.

It's all very simple. Winner is going to jail.
edit on 7/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Russia would piss all over Trumps bed with American hookers laughing and pillow fighting if they wanted to. Meaning, they are just as trustworthy/untrustworty as anyone else. The one thing they have different than any other country, is they have matched us tit-for-tat in Nukes. Not that more would matter, there are already too many. But they are a superpower, like us. I am sure they think they are better than us, and we think we are better than them, whatever.

But not having an open feud between them and us seems to me like a better thing than cold war days. The same # probably goes on, but at least when we see each other in the liquor store, we smile and say hi, not like with the Baptists.

I don't know if I got soft, or just a bit less edgy with age, but getting along is so much easier than fighting that big dude with the missing teeth.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Do tell...

That is the issue, whether to call it "whistleblowing" or criminal.

The Gubment murders and rapes whole nations with impunity, I hardly respect their position when it comes to exposing that to the public eye.

I welcome that...

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

While I see where you're coming from, there is a whistle blower protection act.

If you try to internally resolve wrongdoing or illegal activity and it falls on deaf ears, technically you're protected for pointing out wrongdoing.

In the case of Assange, originally wikileaks exposed military malpractice and warcrimes.

In the case of Snowden, it was illegal surveillance in the United States the head of the NSA told Congress that no citizens were being surveilled. (we learned this was not true).

Now if you're leaking just because you don't like something or you disagree with it, that's different.

And if you didn't "intend" to break the law, you are absolved of any wrong doing? Come on, it doesn't work like that. Snowden would be in jail if he hadn't ran, that's why he ran. Manning went to jail and was kissed by Obama to get free. As I said, if you don't like the laws, change them, but disregarding them and coming up with some slick excuse as to why, hoping for public support isn't how any of this is supposed to work. Otherwise, why have the damn laws to begin with?

The Whistleblower Protection Act of 1989, Pub.L. 101-12 as amended, is a United States federal law that protects federal whistleblowers who work for the government and report agency misconduct.

whistle blower protection act

As if the goverment goes by the law, or like they'll admit when they break them.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

so did she report "agency misconduct"?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

I don't think they were really...
I think they were classified reports that the russians were trying to hack into the voter registration roles and such....

my question would be.....

even if the intelligence had proof that they hacked into the voting machines and tilted the election to trump, would they want to tell us??? I don't think they would, they might want to get trump removed from office, even pence, but short of calling for a special election and appointing someone to the office till then, there would be no way to correct it. revealing such information wouldn't really do much good, and probably would send the rioters into the streets.

the silver thread in this dark cloud is that maybe now, they will come up with a voting system that actually leaves us a paper trail, which is something many on ATS has voiced a desire for.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I was under the impression we had that now, which is how they do "recounts". Maybe I'm wrong, but when I voted, it was on paper, then slid into a machine to count, but the paper vote was still intact.

But then, I'm in the rural southeast of NC which is considered a third world country by most.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

it depends on where you are at??

ballotpedia.org...

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

well now I know. Thanks for that. Who new they had such newfangled things in the big city.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I'm not defending her, I was merely saying they shouldn't be grouped together.

As I said earlier if there is no misconduct or laws broken then it is just leaking. Throw the book at leakers.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Also, going back to Assange, he didn't do anything illegal in regards to leaking.

He's not a US citizen. If I leaked classified Russian documents to shown misconduct, I'd be hard pressed to think that the United States would extradite me.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

The problem that I have with her leak is that it served no practical purpose and it may have actually undermined the official procedures and protocols for investigating such crimes -- which we all know are ongoing; we don't even know if the report leaked is genuine or just a canary trap; she didn't make anyone safer nor further justice in any way but only added to the confusion and division; and her only motives were self-serving and (dare I say it?) narcissistic. She would violate a position of public trust and national security for cheap political points.

I wouldn't call her a traitor to her country. But I will say she's definitely not a friend to her country.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Also, going back to Assange, he didn't do anything illegal in regards to leaking.

He's not a US citizen. If I leaked classified Russian documents to shown misconduct, I'd be hard pressed to think that the United States would extradite me.

Assange reports what he gets, after vetting it, so yea, he's not a "leaker". My point in bringing him up was his praise for this girl. Her information wasn't anything close to what Manning released, or Snowden. And I believe they both deserve the jail time at least one got.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join