It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The cost of leaking

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

While I see where you're coming from, there is a whistle blower protection act.

If you try to internally resolve wrongdoing or illegal activity and it falls on deaf ears, technically you're protected for pointing out wrongdoing.

In the case of Assange, originally wikileaks exposed military malpractice and warcrimes.

In the case of Snowden, it was illegal surveillance in the United States the head of the NSA told Congress that no citizens were being surveilled. (we learned this was not true).

Now if you're leaking just because you don't like something or you disagree with it, that's different.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: rockdisjoint2
Can someone please tell me what she leaked? Did she leak proof that russian hacked us?

No it's not proof and the dumb b!tch leaked documents that were already known to us. She burned herself for nothing. Well that's what you get when your emotions cloud your judgment. She didn't even know what she leaked. I still think it was a honeypot.

We did not know it was the Russian government. In fact we were told that no evidence existed that the Russian government hacked any of our systems... it was left as just the attacks came from Russia. Now we know.

You don't know sh!t. The US manipulates elections since forever. Quit pretending that you have the right to get on the moral high ground here. The DNC is just pissed that there plan didn't work and that's why all the "leaks" are anonymous sources or phonecalls. They don't have jack sh!t and Comey is going to end the russian narrative once and for all. FFS this witch hunt is ridicilous but yeah nuking Russia would be so much better. People are f#cking dumb.
edit on 7-6-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-6-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I guess I don't get your ho hum attitude about it lol. I mean we live in fear of illegal immigrants but cyber attacks from foreign governments... meh.

How much do you fear the Nigerian Prince scam? How about the IRS calling you and explaining that you will be going to jail if you don't send them money on some Western Union card?

If you were in this business, you would understand that hacking is a daily, hourly thing. Staying ahead of the hacks is the challenge. We have our own hackers, and we have our own cyber security teams. Just as other countries do. Jesus, our own IC illegally data mine and store all sorts of information captured on the web to be used for whatever means needed in the future. (allegedly)

If you are scared by any of this, I strongly suggest you spend a little time investigating the back end of this. I don't know if it will desensitize you or enrage you, but either way, you would loose the giant ? above your head.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

While I see where you're coming from, there is a whistle blower protection act.

If you try to internally resolve wrongdoing or illegal activity and it falls on deaf ears, technically you're protected for pointing out wrongdoing.

In the case of Assange, originally wikileaks exposed military malpractice and warcrimes.

In the case of Snowden, it was illegal surveillance in the United States the head of the NSA told Congress that no citizens were being surveilled. (we learned this was not true).

Now if you're leaking just because you don't like something or you disagree with it, that's different.

And if you didn't "intend" to break the law, you are absolved of any wrong doing? Come on, it doesn't work like that. Snowden would be in jail if he hadn't ran, that's why he ran. Manning went to jail and was kissed by Obama to get free. As I said, if you don't like the laws, change them, but disregarding them and coming up with some slick excuse as to why, hoping for public support isn't how any of this is supposed to work. Otherwise, why have the damn laws to begin with?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Russia attacked us. That's the meat of all of this.

It is all part of the spy game.
The USA does the same and worse.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I guess I don't get your ho hum attitude about it lol. I mean we live in fear of illegal immigrants but cyber attacks from foreign governments... meh.

Here:
www.bloomberg.com...
dip your toes in slowly, the water is quite chilly.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

It's an open and shut case. Little or no defense for her actions according to the US laws and regulations.
'Course, it will be slated to go to trial but probably, all concerned will settle for something less that the full extent of the law.

My person view is that she is in violation of laws that she clearly decided to ignore for her personal goals and that she should pay the price as per the statutes she has violated. Actually, she should plead guilty of extreme stupidity. That might work for a lighter sentence as everyone will be nodding their heads in agreement.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

If I kill a rapist, I feel like I did society a favor, but I would still be arrested for murder and rightfully so. We as a society have laws and they exist for a reason.

You're comparing rape to exposing gubment murder of innocents in unjust, aggressive war?

Do tell...

...then go watch Collateral Murder again to remind yourself.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Love your logic. We did bad things so instead of trying to stop our government from doing bad things we should just roll over and take it in return.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Yup. As D8tee said:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

If I kill a rapist, I feel like I did society a favor, but I would still be arrested for murder and rightfully so. We as a society have laws and they exist for a reason.

You're comparing rape to exposing gubment murder of innocents in unjust, aggressive war?

Do tell...

I was simply using one crime against another. Don't look too far into that aspect, you will be the only one in that room.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I'm not scared, I'm pissed off. I want to know why we are still trying normalize with a nation that gained access to voter registration rolls, that had the ability to remove or change voter statuses. This is not in the same category as being told you inherited millions of dollars from an unknown relative.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Love your logic. We did bad things so instead of trying to stop our government from doing bad things we should just roll over and take it in return.

No, we need to continually update our systems and practices. The other option is to cry really, really hard, and kick you feet every so often.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Actually, she should plead guilty of extreme stupidity. That might work for a lighter sentence as everyone will be nodding their heads in agreement.

Her attorney will attempt to use the "hillary" defense.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Well please list Obamas accomplishments to curb the meddling in foreign affairs. I will wait. Keep in mind he spied on chancellor Merkel and she just accepted it. Weird huh?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Do tell...

I was simply using one crime against another.

Yah rape vs. Whistleblowing, I got that. Poor comparison.
Try comparing whistleblowing to telling on a rapist or murderer.

Oh, the 'crime' vanishes.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I don't know why that's funny. Are you saying Russia isn't capable of what they're being accused of by various nations?

About as capable as the USA.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I'm not scared, I'm pissed off. I want to know why we are still trying normalize with a nation that gained access to voter registration rolls, that had the ability to remove or change voter statuses. This is not in the same category as being told you inherited millions of dollars from an unknown relative.

Right. And having a system in place that is vulnerable to hacking is something that you don't just put out there and hope nobody messes with it, you have to protect it like it's your life savings. Getting pissed off is good, that's the first step. Realizing you can't "go after" them will enrage you even more. Then, once you calm down and ask "what can I do", you will find the answers.

a, don't have systems that can be accessed from outside

b, have the best security money can buy for your system and monitor it like it was your MOM's life.

C, actually, there ins't a c.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Do tell...

I was simply using one crime against another.

Yah rape vs. Whistleblowing, I got that. Poor comparison.
Try comparing whistleblowing to telling on a rapist or murderer.

Oh, the 'crime' vanishes.

No, it doesn't vanish because telling on a rapist is not the same as leaking classified information. One is legal and the other is not.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I didn't vote for Obama so I don't feel the need to justify anything he did or didn't do. Next?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join