It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The cost of leaking

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
www.nbcnews.com...

"She would not jeopardize anybody's safety. She would not, I can tell you that for certainty," Winner-Davis said. "She loves children. She loves animals … She's not a threat to anyone. She's not a violent person." Winner-Davis said that despite the allegations she remains "a proud mom ... I have every reason to be proud of that girl." She added: "I can't ever call her a traitor or even believe that. No, that is not Reality. That's not her."

Reality's Mom is scared. Reality is scared. What's peculiar is that they don't seem to understand that what she did was wrong. Yes, I get that some think leakers are HEROES! Like Asange is stating. People like Snowden, Manning, and now Winner, clearly and intentionally broke the law and broke an oath they took. However wonderful the outcome is, however superior everyone feels for having found this information in the public, there are still consequences for these actions. If I kill a rapist, I feel like I did society a favor, but I would still be arrested for murder and rightfully so. We as a society have laws and they exist for a reason. If you favor anarchy and mob rule, you need to do some soul searching and figure out why that might be.

Her case is now very public, so I doubt seriously that she would be suicided or removed at this point, plus that would serve no purpose. Her prison term would serve as a message to those who think breaking the law is a good thing.

If you don't think the laws she broke are important enough to be jailed for, change the laws. Then we can have a completely open society with no secrets and do away with the entire IC.
edit on 7-6-2017 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I haven't paid much attention to her because she's going to do time, no matter what. It's about what she put into public domain. I'm sure she and her family are upset that she's going to prison and probably are upset with all the character assassination and conspiracy theories. I think she herself knew she would go to prison, she made her choice.

Russia attacked us. That's the meat of all of this.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
What did she leak?!

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

[Russia attacked us. That's the meat of all of this]

Proof?!

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Russia attacked us. That's the meat of all of this.

LOL, Russia attacked everyone. Haven't you been reading ATS lately?

They have the greatest hacking group in the history of the world. And everyone else is powerless against it.
I still believe the Russia thing is a large distraction. Was there a time in recent history when Russia or some other country wasn't hacking us and others? This isn't something you have to be left or right to get, it's a real thing that just is.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Steven Colbert says it's official.
Trump is at war with reality.

We always knew this.

link   

I don't know why that's funny. Are you saying Russia isn't capable of what they're being accused of by various nations?

link   

"Her words to me was that she was scared she was going to be ... they were going to make her disappear,"

Welcome to the new America!

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: rockdisjoint2

Read the news.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I don't know why that's funny. Are you saying Russia isn't capable of what they're being accused of by various nations?

I am sure they are, just as I'm sure we are, and China is, and North Korea is, and ....I was going to say Canada, but I doubt they have the stones.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Can someone please tell me what she leaked? Did she leak proof that russian hacked us?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

"Her words to me was that she was scared she was going to be ... they were going to make her disappear,"

Welcome to the new America!

New? It's not like that 40+ people who had contact with the Leprechaun mysteriously ended up being killed. Nope it's completely new. Sometimes i wonder what people did the last 8 years. Did they all fall asleep and just woke up?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I guess I don't get your ho hum attitude about it lol. I mean we live in fear of illegal immigrants but cyber attacks from foreign governments... meh.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: rockdisjoint2

Yes there is.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockdisjoint2
Can someone please tell me what she leaked? Did she leak proof that russian hacked us?

No it's not proof and the dumb b!tch leaked documents that were already known to us. She burned herself for nothing. Well that's what you get when your emotions cloud your judgment. She didn't even know what she leaked. I still think it was a honeypot.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
She didn't leak evidence of Govt corruption or collusion. She didn't expose NSA spying on Americans.

She leaked a classified report. That is illegal, all there is to it.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: rockdisjoint2

No it's not proof and the dumb b!tch leaked documents that were already known to us. She burned herself for nothing. Well that's what you get when your emotions cloud your judgment. She didn't even know what she leaked. I still think it was a honeypot.

We did not know it was the Russian government. In fact we were told that no evidence existed that the Russian government hacked any of our systems... it was left as just the attacks came from Russia. Now we know.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
haha, Trump prolly planted the docs himself to find leakers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join