It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**BREAKING** Trump announces Christopher A. Wray as new FBI Director.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Chris Wray, who served as assistant attorney general from 2003 to 2005, will be interviewed for the vacant FBI director job by President Donald Trump on Tuesday, Press Secretary Sean Spicer said at a press briefing. Wray worked under Comey at the Justice Department for two years, when Comey was the deputy attorney general.

link to story

Can't wait to see how racist this bloke is. He has been nominated by Donald Trump to head up the department of citizen-entrapment (FBI) therefore intolerant bigot. Having just read up on his history, he sounds like a good choice, too bad he's racist and bigoted and hates gays.

I predict that Mad Max will use Wray as an excuse to impeach - don't ask me to explain beyond that because I cannot, no-one with a functioning brain can.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

On the plus side, he did investigate Enron. On the minus side, he defended Chris Christie in "Bridgegate" and has chiefly defended white collar criminals. I wonder if he will accept the nomination.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Lots of white collar and government investigative background with this fella.

Hopefully he doesn't own very many blue suits.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

I dare-say he unofficially has already "accepted the nomination".

The rest, as they say, is history.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

On the plus side, he did investigate Enron. On the minus side, he defended Chris Christie in "Bridgegate" and has chiefly defended white collar criminals. I wonder if he will accept the nomination.

I assume Wray has already accepted, otherwise Trump wouldn't be making this announcement.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

I assume Wray has already accepted, otherwise Trump wouldn't be making this announcement.

He announced that he will be interviewing him today.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Nice strawman. Can we look at the guy before you tell us how we feel about him?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

No he didn't. His announcement is that he is nominating Wray.

edit on 7/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
A summary:

Former Assistant Attorney General Chris Wray chairs King & Spalding's global special matters and government investigations practice. Based in Washington, DC and Atlanta, he represents companies, audit and special committees, and individuals in a variety of white-collar criminal and regulatory enforcement matters, parallel civil litigation, and internal corporate investigations.

The group has been twice recognised by Law360 as "White-Collar Group of the Year" and was described as "the premier firm in this practice area" by the US News & World Report/Best Lawyers' "best law firms" survey. Prior to his current role at K&S, Mr Wray served from 2003 to 2005 as the Assistant Attorney General in charge of the US Department of Justice's (DOJ) Criminal Division, having been nominated by President George W Bush and unanimously confirmed by the US Senate for that position.

Then the youngest chief of DOJ's Criminal Division, Mr Wray helped lead DOJ's efforts to address the wave of corporate fraud scandals and restore integrity to US financial markets. He served on the President's corporate fraud task force and oversaw the Enron task force and other major fraud investigations, both domestically and internationally.

As the Criminal Division's head, Mr Wray led investigations, prosecutions, and policy development in nearly all areas of federal criminal law, including securities fraud, healthcare fraud, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and export violations, bank secrecy and money laundering offences, public corruption, intellectual property piracy, cybercrime, and racketeering. He also was integral to DOJ's response to the 9/11 attacks and played a key legal oversight role in the war on terrorism.

At the conclusion of his tenure in 2005, Mr Wray received the Edmund J Randolph Award, DOJ's highest award for public service and leadership. Mr Wray first joined DOJ's leadership as Associate Deputy Attorney General in May 2001 and was soon appointed Principal Associate Deputy Attorney General in September of the same year. Before joining the administration, he served as an Assistant US Attorney in Atlanta, handling a wide variety of jury trials, grand jury investigations, and appeals as lead counsel.

At King & Spalding, Mr Wray has led investigation matters involving US Attorneys' Offices in over 20 different districts around the country and nearly every DOJ litigating division, typically also involving parallel proceedings by regulatory agencies or whistleblower litigation. He has also been appointed by a federal court as a special master in False Claims Act litigation and by the World Bank as an independent compliance consultant. Mr Wray's clients range from several of the world's largest banks, pharmaceutical, technology, and energy companies, to a sitting US Governor.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Is this good or bad?

Does he want answers to???

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I'm not sure about the nomination but on the plus side he is not affiliated with Obama or the DNC. That's always good in my book.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

No he didn't. His announcement is that he is nominating Wray.

I stand corrected; I didn't read the original tweet. As usual with Trump, he makes a statement that he will be doing something, but the statement is the announcement he says he is going to make. My brain hurts.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: iWontGiveUP
a reply to: UKTruth

Is this good or bad?

Does he want answers to???

If 9/11 was a false flag, he was in on it.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Nice strawman. Can we look at the guy before you tell us how we feel about him?

What? A highly educated yank who talks tough politics is NOT aware of who he is???????? or, or, or did I take all your dribble you were going to spew?

LOL, too funny.
edit on 7-6-2017 by Sublimecraft because: I'm going with the latter...

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Aye

So not good!

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Why?
When has he ever engagged his brain before tweeting something?
Since when is that his practice?
edit on 672017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I don't know anything about him.
Never heard of him.
Right now I know he worked for Bush that's it.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Will we get film footage of the blood oath Trump made him take?

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
Will we get film footage of the blood oath Trump made him take?

Yes, it's with all the "Russian stole meh election" evidence that Hillary said she had during the debates.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
From 2004

Hmm...

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join