It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump blocking people on twitter claimed by some to be against US Constitution

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   
They say they mocked Trump on twitter so Trump blocked them and that violates the US Constitution because Trump blocks free speech. Um, nop, they are still allowed to say those same words to anyone including to themselves. So blocking them on twitter does not prevent them from saying those words so IMO blocking them on twitter does not violate the first amendment of the US Constitution. As an analogy, people are entitled to privacy, no one is allowed to go into someone else's bedroom at 3 in the morning to scream criticism. In that case, the one sleeping can dial 911 to have that person who came into bedroom at 3 in the morning to scream criticism be arrested by police.

www.reuters.com...

source 2
edit on 7-6-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
theyre really clutching at straws now

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

The leftists have proven over and over that they neither care about nor understand the Constitution.

I'm unsurprised that once again they are showing their ignorance.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Twitter is a private platform not public space, Twitter and it's users including the idiot in chief, are not bound by the 1st Amendment.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   

No. It does not violate the U S Constitution's right to freedom of speech. It only improves on his right to privacy so he does not have to listen to their continual crying over spilled milk.

What most people do not know is, along with the right to free speech there is also the right to NOT listen to that free speech if you so choose.
Of course, this is often not realized until just after a good punch in the mouth in order to end the speech some people don't want to hear.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Trump blocking people on twitter claimed by some to be against US Constitution

Of course they are claiming this, primarily because they are retards and hope that average Joe isn't up-to-speed with the Constitution - simple.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

I guess the real issue, is that they are not able to see what he says on twitter, which may or may not be official statements from a public servant.

It's dumb though, because they would still be able to see it, if they are not logged in, or if they made a different account.

Overall, I'd say they are terrible people....scum bags, if you will.
It's their fault, also.
Had they not repeatedly trolled all his posts with hateful BS, they would not have been blocked.

This is a no story story, but since it's trump, it's national news.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

I can see Trump twitter without having a twitter account. It's set as public.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

I think it's a dick move to block people, he is supposed to be President to all Americans whether they hate him or not, but it's certainly not a violation of the Constitution.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

The President’s Twitter account, @realDonaldTrump, is a “designated public forum” subject to the First Amendment, according to the Knight Institute. The First Amendment bars the government from excluding individuals from a designated public forum because of their views. The Knight Institute asked the President to unblock its clients, or to direct his subordinates to do so.

Source
edit on 7 6 2017 by ManFromEurope because: extended the quote

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
He probably reads them anyway.
Thin skin can't take the criticism.
Who cares who he blocks. He can't stop anyone from tweeting anymore than we can stop his fat little fingers.
Tit for tat.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Fair enough.
I'm sure a lot of people will think it is.
There is a problem with the same people spamming every tweet he makes though.
I would say that is also a dick move.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Now you know as well as I that he has zero interest in being president to half the nation.
Every time he opens his mouth he tells me he's not my president. That I'm the reason he's failing.
I never felt like the president hated me before ever. Now I feel that all the time.
He's the worst president ever.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Exactly.
So, it's not like they are restricted, when it comes to seeing what he tweets.
Bad lawsuit, which will hopefully go nowhere.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

They may have a case when it comes to the official presidential account.

We will jus have to see what the court says. One of those things a judge will have to decide.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

The problem with that is that Twitter, to my knowledge, doesn't posses the legal authority to designate itself a public forum and no legislation has passed that would designate it as a public forum. I can't see any Judge setting legal precedent over it either, that would be a huge quagmire. Private businesses being forced to be public domain if the President uses them? Nah.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Now you know as well as I that he has zero interest in being president to half the nation.
Every time he opens his mouth he tells me he's not my president. That I'm the reason he's failing.
I never felt like the president hated me before ever. Now I feel that all the time.
He's the worst president ever.

Well yeah... and Jr. just said democrats aren't even people so...

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

It has nothing to do with the private business.

They claim he is violating the first amendment by censoring. The position as president makes him the government. Deleting the posts would then be the government censoring.

It is tricky but they may have a case.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

One way or the other, it's standard petty silliness like every day in politics. He wants the right to write his inflammatory/inspiring tweets without the negative attention. The complainers want the right to register their disapproval and/or level of offence taken.

If we take a step back and look at this objectively, it's all a nonsense. It's like epic childishness between siblings when the adults are away. One kid always wants the advantage of pissing off the other and hates it when the other does the same thing. That's how I see this.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
But doesn't president trump slag people off on twitter aswell?

The twitter president puts blocks on twitter... The irony. .
edit on 7/6/17 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join