It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Investors Feed Live Donkey To Zoo Tigers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   
at what pont does an action become " animal cruelty " ???

i would hope that all would agree that a gang of chinese zoo investorts vennting thier rage by beating the donkey to death with baseball bats would class as " animal cruelty "

tipping a donkey 2m into a waterfilled moat counts as cruelty iin my book

but - just my opinion - the ttigers - becomes a grey area - carnivore eeats herbivore is acted out every second of every day - around the globe

very few people bat an eyelid - and even fewer attempt to stop iit

so - question iis - is " tiger eats donkey " really an act of human cruelty ?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: solve
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

I understand your point, but i think that is a good death, i have been thinking about when i am old or dying, it would be awesome to go to a bear enclosure, throw a few punches at a grizzly..

Victory or Valhalla!

A good death indeed!
Victory or Valhalla!

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
a reply to: Misterlondon

It does happen in nature and is supposed to happen in nature but not in front of kids by some upset money men out of sheer spite because of a dispute

I'm sure millions of children around the world have seen wild animals kill other live animals..
Just the other week my kids saw our cat kill a small mouse.
I get what your saying about the ethics behind it but using children as a reason leads to a weak argument.. as we can't censor nature..

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   

a reply to: pheonix358

How could you say then that they may have been teaching the damn tigers how to hunt?

"Damn tigers", huh? Seems you don't care for the predators in our animal kingdom. I thought you cared about all animals in general?

However, the zoo is underfunded, they can't sell the animals in order to feed the ones they have. SO they fed them to save not only feed and money, but the animals from starvation; predators and prey alike.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

They feed live animals when the zoo isn't open though. What Davenport is concerned about is that they did it in front of visitors and not many people can take it.

Just because some Westerners can not take it, does not mean that Chinese people can't. It is nature and it is natural.

Different slants from differing societies.

When I was in school back in the 80s, we went to a slaughter house and watched them cut the throat of cows and then we followed the whole process.

It is a part of life! I get it that some people get grossed out ... but why can't I or my children learn valuable lessons just because you are too soft.

Ever hunted?

P

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Personally I myself seen animals being slaughtered. In fact in my time in the Philippines, I've seen people slaughtering a goat and I simply shrugged.

I never hunted but I would like to one day.

You do have a point, it's important to learn what nature really is.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Meh the chinese not bunch of pussified wimps like westerners . Doubt any of them upset over tigers having lunch .

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I didn't see anything natural about that whole event.
not one thing.
Saw a number of jackasses though. Tigers still hungry?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Degrees of separation. Keep carnivores in zoos and feed them meat. Keep herbivores out of sight to butcher and feed the carnivores. People are happy with this.

Keep carnivores in zoos and feed them live animals. People are unhappy.

Tigers roam hundreds of square miles and should not be in zoos. Let's focus on the donkey.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Yeah.
Seems brutal on the surface cause animals are more awesome than most people. The end result would have been the same on land but it seems worse to me cause they threw dude in the water.
It sucks but it is what it is.
This bothers me far less than people that go big game hunting and #. I know it's not the same but that's how I think of it.
Maybe the tigers are tired of eating spam and veggie squares

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: SilverOwls

To my knowledge Zoos anywhere don't feed tigers live donkeys and sheep
The article states that the investors decided they would save on animal feed by doing this to make a point

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   
It's not natural. It's not in the wild. It was cruel and unusual. The investors are obviously callous jerks. Making a point? Yeah, they made a point and will receive lots of money to insure that this type of event never happens again. So, they're slick jerks.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Ah CHina! The world's new lone superpower. Look at this and know how they would treat all the rest of us.

At least they didn't slaughter those tigers to put their bits in various medicines for sexual potency.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

They may be providing live animals so the Tigers learn how to hunt

Did you even read the Op or the link? These were investors in the zoo who were losing money they were NOT teaching the tigers how to hunt for goodness sake! They did it out of spite and nastiness in front of visitors including kids.

YES! I did read the link! Did you read my entire reply or just the first bit?

Check your own comprehension first!

P

Not trying to speak for the OP, but I think the issue is the fact that the donkey was fed to the tigers in front of families, which was probably pretty upsetting for kids to witness. Yes, all zoos feed live to some animals, but they don't do it in front of the families who are there to visit. That was unnecessary and I would have been pissed if I had been there with my small kids too.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

So it's not cruel to keep animals locked up in cages & enclosures

But it's cruel to feed them a live animal ?

okay...

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

That is so upsetting. I understand that animals must die to create feed for other captive animals, but thrown live to the tigers, oh my, I just couldn't do that.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I really dont see the harm. Its in their nature.

Also what does their normal feed consist of? Wheat?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
PhyllidaDavenport

I get where you're coming from. In nature, an animal has (usually) a chance to live or die...they are in their natural habitat, know their surroundings and how to maneuver in them. They have a sense for the animals and danger around them..know which ones are predators and how to respond/react to this environment. Here they took a animal out of his natural habitat and threw him into a moat. Having little to no time to get used to that, it gets attacked by predators that it had no idea were there...

Also, they were doing it for the wrong reasons according to the article. Not really to save the Tigers..but more so to save their pocketbooks. Within the statements they made themselves, they refer to this:

One investor told news outlet The Paper (in Chinese) that they wanted to recoup their losses, and planned on transporting the animals out of the zoo to sell them elsewhere

"Since we could not have any benefits, we thought why not feed to the tigers, at least we can save on animal feed," the unnamed investor said.

In addition,they didn't give the choice to their visitors as to whether they wish to witness such an act or not. So people who may have steered clear of that area if they knew what was about to occur might have seen more then they were prepared to that day. It was a bad decision and I understand your stand point.. if I'd witnessed that and wasn't aware it was going to happen, I 'd be pissed too.

Thanks,
blend57

edit on 7-6-2017 by blend57 because: Always an edit! : /

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I hope the cats got a good feeding.
Yes this is kind of inhumane ... but that's nature and they're cats, not humans.
As for the donkey I thank the donkey and I hope it was sick or old.

And I hope all tigers in captivity get a chance to kill their meal and share a nice peace of ass.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

I really dont see the harm. Its in their nature.

Also what does their normal feed consist of? Wheat?

Normal "feed" would be their natural prey in the wild.

At the zoos however.....

More than likely a ground up horse carcass. This article is a pleasant read and informative.

www.slate.com...

edit on E30America/ChicagoWed, 07 Jun 2017 13:07:35 -05006pmWednesdayth01pm by EternalShadow because: add

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join