It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Investors Feed Live Donkey To Zoo Tigers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Wasn't sure on the correct forum but this has just broken on the BBC website.
Live Donkey Thrown to Tigers
Apparently investors at a Zoo in Yangcheng were sick and tired of not getting any returns for their money, so decided to "save on animal feed" and threw a donkey from the back of a truck into the tiger pen. DO NOT WATCH THE VIDEO IF EASILY UPSET...I am gutted by the callousness and sheer cruelty and am only glad that security managed to stop these investors throwing in sheep too. Could they not have killed the donkey humanely first???

Whilst many disagree with Zoos I think the Chinese generally show such disregard for animal life its frightening, lets not forget their wonderful dog eating festival . And yes I admit to being choked and tearful after only a few seconds of the video. They way they just bundled it over the wall so frightening for the donkey such terror poor love.

edit on 7-6-2017 by PhyllidaDavenport because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Are you going to go out and kill EVERY animal before it's preyed upon?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

No love I am not. I'd continue giving them animal feed not chucking in live animals because I'm hacked off I'm not getting my money's worth!

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
No love I am not. I'd continue giving them animal feed not chucking in live animals because I'm hacked off I'm not getting my money's worth!

The Chinese have poor and non existence animal welfare laws. This means that the general population have no scruples or inhibitions when it comes to animal cruelty, nor any fear of prosecution when their cruelty is displayed for all to see.

Very sad to see such a display of ignorance.

Edit to add that I don't watch these types of videos, but got the gist from the stills. Credit for not forcing people to watch.
edit on 7/6/2017 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Well I guess we can ignore millions of years of predatory instincts and give them all GMO infested "animal feed". Tumors are only specific to lab mice anyway. Let's start a gofundme page! Smh.

/sarc

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I understand your position, ... and I would not do this ... but ...

All Zoos do this and many use live animals.

Where do you think they get the feed for all the reptiles. They breed mice, rats, rabbits and fowl. Kids play with the baby rabbits and chickens and then ... they get fed to predators. Life goes on.

They may be providing live animals so the Tigers learn how to hunt.

This would not be happening in the West. Noooo!

Go to a slaughter house and watch.

It is not all peaches and cream.

What the BBC tells us in not necessarily the truth. But it gets peoples ire up. Sells more stories too.

P

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport
#, I would pay more if my local zoo did live feedings of the predators! May even get a membership. Nothing like seeing the true nature of all living organisms on Earth (yup, including plants and microbes!) on display front and center to help one remember mortality and fragility of life.

This happened 100,000,000+ times today across different species, and it will happen again tomorrow 100,000,000+ times more.

I guess if its too disturbing, just tune out??

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   
That's pretty distasteful of the investors. Would be nice if they can dump them, can afford to anyway, move onto more compassionate ones. However, see the following:

According to reports, a court case led to the zoo's assets being frozen two years ago, and it has been subsequently unable to sell any of its animals.

The Paper adds that the assets freeze means that animal transport permits, quarantine certificates and other important documents cannot be issued. The shareholder said: "Without these documents, we can only watch these animals die." While many expressed outrage at the contents of the video, shocking scenes are relatively common at zoos and safaris in China.

Source
It's common in China unfortunately, where zoos offer live entertainment for a fee.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

Well I guess we can ignore millions of years of predatory instincts and give them all GMO infested "animal feed". Tumors are only specific to lab mice anyway. Let's start a gofundme page! Smh.

/sarc

It's not about that, as they are probably given meat from slaughtered animals(non GMO!) as it is. The issue is children and people there that didn't come to the zoo to see that. If they wanted that show they wouldn't had had an issue and went to a zoo that offered it.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

It's common in China unfortunately, where zoos offer live entertainment for a fee.

The West's attitude, everything is entertainment.

China would tell you it is educational and it is just what life and death are all about.

It is not up to us to tell the rest of the world how to live. They do it one way and you another. You do know that your zoo feeds live animals to the reptiles, don't you? Or is the donkey considered a higher form of life.

I would hazard a guess that they are doing this for a reason. To bring pressure to bare on some small part of the Government. It could be lots of things.

Western Media will always try their damnedest to put China, Russia and anyone else they get told to despise in the worst possible light.

P

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

They may be providing live animals so the Tigers learn how to hunt

Did you even read the Op or the link? These were investors in the zoo who were losing money they were NOT teaching the tigers how to hunt for goodness sake! They did it out of spite and nastiness in front of visitors including kids.

Edit: from your 2nd post you clearly HAVEN'T bothered reading the post fully or the link sheesh!
edit on 7-6-2017 by PhyllidaDavenport because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Thank you for understanding the post! Exactly that and a bunch of disgruntled investors throwing live animals into animal pens in front of visitors is bang out of order

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   

They may be providing live animals so the Tigers learn how to hunt

Did you even read the Op or the link? These were investors in the zoo who were losing money they were NOT teaching the tigers how to hunt for goodness sake! They did it out of spite and nastiness in front of visitors including kids.

YES! I did read the link! Did you read my entire reply or just the first bit?

Check your own comprehension first!

P

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   

How could you say then that they may have been teaching the damn tigers how to hunt?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Not saying it's right but have seen far more graphic footage on nature programs..
This is what happens daily in nature the answer is not to keep animals in captivity.. then there is the argument of breeding programs for endangered species... so dammed of you do and dammed if you don't.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   

No problem with this at all.
Yeah it's pretty sh...y for the donkey but it's what tigers were meant to do.

Could of put the donkey on land and then let the tigers in, the kill likely would have been much quicker.

Also, China!
I assure you this act was among the most humane and natural things I've ever seen come from there.

Sorry to say it but there is no greater animal than man. If there is a Devil, I bet he gets his best techniques from watching us.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

It does happen in nature and is supposed to happen in nature but not in front of kids by some upset money men out of sheer spite because of a dispute

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   

I understand your point, but i think that is a good death, i have been thinking about when i am old or dying, it would be awesome to go to a bear enclosure, throw a few punches at a grizzly..

Victory or Valhalla!

Zoos are nasty places,, but tiger farms are even worse, you would be surprised about just how many tigers are being raised just like chickens or something.

-Hmm, you know that zoo animals are often bored to death, literally, so if you think about the feeding as tiger therapy, it will be less awful?
edit on 7-6-2017 by solve because: Just a thought

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

The West's attitude, everything is entertainment.

China would tell you it is educational and it is just what life and death are all about.

It is not up to us to tell the rest of the world how to live. They do it one way and you another. You do know that your zoo feeds live animals to the reptiles, don't you? Or is the donkey considered a higher form of life.

I would hazard a guess that they are doing this for a reason. To bring pressure to bare on some small part of the Government. It could be lots of things.

Western Media will always try their damnedest to put China, Russia and anyone else they get told to despise in the worst possible light.

P

They do it one way and you another. You do know that your zoo feeds live animals to the reptiles, don't you? Or is the donkey considered a higher form of life.
I'm a Vet Tech, so, I know this stuff. Please see my replies.
Also, noted the investors did this because they were MAD and apologized. It's not this zoos typical protocol to have tigers kill live animals in front of people there.

Yes, the West is very different compassion wise about animals. It also doesn't mean that NO ONE in China wants compassion. Some zoos give them a choice such as the one they went to.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   

They feed live animals when the zoo isn't open though. What Davenport is concerned about is that they did it in front of visitors and not many people can take it.

edit on 6/7/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join