It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia Gives Qatar 24 Hour Ultimatum As Analysts Warn Of "Military Confrontation"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I don't know about the whole pipeline theory behind the wars. As was poined out earlier in the thread, it's more economical shipping it by boat. That field is big though, 8 trillion bucks make people do crazy things.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

www.zerohedge.com...

Link please

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Then I've heard rumors that the Israelis have their own large natural gas field offshore that they could develop which would add a lot more powder to the region's keg.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee
a reply to: ketsuko

I don't know about the whole pipeline theory behind the wars. As was poined out earlier in the thread, it's more economical shipping it by boat. That field is big though, 8 trillion bucks make people do crazy things.

House Thani will probably set it ablaze or do something to damage it if their reign is at an end.

Scorched earth is as old as civilization itself

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

It's just wikipedia, i've not really tracked it down.

Wikipedia

More money flows from Qatar to Hamas than any other country.[46]
In 2014, Qatar had pledged $400 million to Hamas. The United States designates Hamas as a foreign terrorist organization.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Yes. Imagine Qatar as a western outpost with a command centre built by bush in 2003 coordinating all Middle Eastern military actions housing the world's largest expeditionary Air Force of 1000 USA planes and the hub of aljazeeraa which is the USA voice of the mujaheen of the west. Google it!!! to: hutch622

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Wouldn't be the first time the west sold to Sunnis and Russia sold to #te. But when Trump won presidency, on Australian news, the graphics had a subliminal Russian flag in the back ground. I thought well before the news started that Putin was Russian.

Now a question I need answered. If a military contact to sell weapons is made with a country that then goes to war with you, do you still need to honor the weapons sales?

a reply to: ufoorbhunter

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

a reply to: hutch622

It's just wikipedia, i've not really tracked it down.

Wikipedia

More money flows from Qatar to Hamas than any other country.[46]
In 2014, Qatar had pledged $400 million to Hamas. The United States designates Hamas as a foreign terrorist organization.

Yeah ? Strange how they know who allegedly sends money to Hamas but no one "allegedly" knows who funds Isis. Lol. Who buys this crap ?!

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: REalBEL

That'll break the contract for sure. Saudi's not going to war with the USA, they'd get hammered.
edit on 7-6-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

oh, wait for it... Did Qatar call Crowdstrike to investigate the hacking??

Nope, guess who is gonna help them.. The FBI !

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Do you think its possible that we are all missing a bigger piece of the puzzle. Qatar has a good deal of contracts and contacts with Iran. Maybe this the saudi way of taking qatar so that Iran will attack the saudis in an attempt to rescue Qatar which will put the Saudis in a defensive war against Iran and allow the Saudis and their allies (Gulf partners, USA) they cant attack Iran strait up without bring Russia into the war but if Iran attacks first Russia might think twice about getting involved. Just thinking could be a smart move to destroy Russias presence in the ME by taking out their biggiest partnerwhich would also take alot of the pressure off ISIS in Syria as Iran would pull its commanders and advisers i cold be wrong thou

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
21stcenturywire.com...

Andrew Korybko
21st Century Wire

The Gulf Cooperation Community was shocked shortly after Trump’s trip to Riyadh to read reports in Qatar media that Emir al-Thani supposedly spoke very favorably about Iran’s regional role and against the US’ anti-Iranian policies during his time in Saudi Arabia. It turns out, if the Qatari authorities are to be believed, that their leader didn’t actually say these things and that the media website was hacked by unknown perpetrators, though it looks like Saudi Arabia isn’t buying it because there’s a chance that he did in fact say what was reported but everyone thought that it wouldn’t be made public.

Therefore, the Kingdom’s media still promoted the story even after Doha said that it was debunked, and the influential descendants of al-Wahhab, whom the ultra-conservative strand of Wahhabi Islam is named after, called on Qatar to rename a mosque which was dedicated to its religious leader.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Ilikepie
Look here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Gotta love the MIddle East.

One the top level, you have Sunni v. Shi'a, and underneath that you have all the petty little tribal quarrels and then you have their own forms of political correctness which this incident may or may not be a spat over.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

IRANIAN GOVERNMENT ALLOWS QATAR TO USE NATIONAL AIRSPACE southfront.org...

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

The whole region could explode.
I'll repost Agit8dChop's video, it's very telling.

We will not wait for the war to be waged on Saudi soil, we will make sure that the war is waged in Iran

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

At least now we see why bringing democracy to Syria is such an important goal.
Or saving the Syrian people from Assad, or whatever "humanitarian" reason we have for the continued interest in Syria.

Why don't they just come out and say, we are taking over this country due to greed and lust for more oil money.
At least then some integrity would exist. It's not something that isn't pretty damn transparent at this point.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Too right, it's gonna be a lot more peddling. Also concerned about Saudi cocking things up with little will to fight from their forces, Iran swamping them with numbers, then Israel deciding an Iranian controlled Arabia is too much and Dolphins shoot up nukes at Iran.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ilikepie
Do you think its possible that we are all missing a bigger piece of the puzzle. Qatar has a good deal of contracts and contacts with Iran. Maybe this the saudi way of taking qatar so that Iran will attack the saudis in an attempt to rescue Qatar which will put the Saudis in a defensive war against Iran and allow the Saudis and their allies (Gulf partners, USA) they cant attack Iran

Yep. Exactly my thoughts too

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Qatar is begging for mercy.

Tweet

Did he just say they were a 'progressive' state? - hmm - that is an admission of supporting terrorists.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join