It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia Gives Qatar 24 Hour Ultimatum As Analysts Warn Of "Military Confrontation"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

originally posted by: Vector99

a reply to: GodEmperor

Syria is a key piece of the puzzle, Assads days are numbered.

What I don't get about the Qatar pipeline theory for being the reason for going after Syria is the fact the pipeline could run up through Iraq into Turkey without ever crossing into Syria.

It doesn't make sense. I used to think the Qatar pipeline was the reason as well, but I think that is us watching the right hand, not knowing what the left one is doing.
Pipeline going thru Iraq would be WAY more expensive to put in.

Why? I've never heard anything like that anywhere.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

What happens if Qatar says if we don't fly or sail then the US cant fly or sale . I mean like even Turkey denied Germany to use the NATO base there ....

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

What happens if Qatar says if we don't fly or sail then the US cant fly or sale . I mean like even Turkey denied Germany to use the NATO base there ....
Turkey is militarily on par with Germany. Qatar is like a flyspeck, it has no leverage like that. The USA would laugh at them I'm certain.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Saudi Arabia does is ran by the children of a madman who have know understanding of how the world works. On top of that the family is divided and the cousins that were robbed of the throne are plotting against the sitting power.

Saudi and Qatar have been the main financiers of ISIS/Al Qaeda in Syria and now that they are losing it appears that their true colors shall show.

Saudi Arabia should remember that Qatar is not Yemen and have purchased billions of dollars of weapons from America, if Saudi attempts to go to war against them, it will be the match that lights the powder keg in the middle east.

Fascinating times to say the least.
edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago06America/Chicago630amWednesday1 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Didn't Turkey open a base in Qatar ? Remember also that the US told Iraq to go ahead and stop Kawait from taking your oil and then the US stepped in and destroyed Iraq's army ...This could be a big set up .Not for Qatar but for 3 of the horns to get uprooted by the little horn .

edit on 7-6-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   
This is all for show, that is why they have Kuwait running mediator. The three ruling powers of the Western world not honoring a defense pact? That will be the day. Sure would be a wonderful way to inspire confidence within NATO I bet. Part of the reason Qatar is self determinate of the Kingdom with such a small profile is their willingness to capitulate. Whatever is demanded of them for normalization will be realized after it is all said and done in the back channels.

I mean that sure would make the first Gulf War kind of meaningless if we ignored Qatar being attacked while hosting USCENTCOM and the largest presence of American air power and logistic capability for the Mid East Central Asia region.

I am still puzzled by the public severity of this rhetoric though. The only thing I can think of is this is leading to them maybe being forced to do something really #ed up to really turn the heat up in Syria along the border. I cannot yet imagine what that may be, but I have suspicions something sinister has already been planned.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Incirlik is a Turkish base not a NATO base .

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Didn't Turkey open a base in Qatar ? Remember also that the US told Iraq to go ahead and stop Kawait from taking your oil and then the US stepped in and destroyed Iraq's army ...This could be a big set up .Not for Qatar but for 3 of the horns to get uprooted by the little horn .

yes indeed and my avatar owner is off to that base with 12000 men .

Those who think that they will enter from Qatar and come out to Mediterrenean has a lovely surprise waiting for them.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: 23432

Thanks

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Turkey is militarily on par with Germany. Qatar is like a flyspeck, it has no leverage like that. The USA would laugh at them I'm certain.

Germany wouldn't even last an afternoon against Turkish military according to Friedmann.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

The pipeline going thru Iraq, while feasible is more expensive. I'm not entirely convinced either that the war in Syria is all about pipelines. I'm unsure how much more it would cost, but it would be substantially more, as it's a longer route, and there is rougher terrain to go thru. I'm not sure if that's any kind of deciding factor. Maybe Iraq won't agree to a pipeline deal either.

But Iraq and its Prime Minister Abadi can not agree to the pipeline project. Its allies in Iran, Russia and Syria are all against the Qatar-Turkey-(U.S.) project and would see that as treason. Shia militia in Iraq, especially the Badr brigade, have threatened to destroy the Turkish force near Mosul. They would remove Abadi from his office if he would fold under the Turkish-Qatari-(U.S.) extortion scheme.

Link

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   

a reply to: Vector99

The pipeline going thru Iraq, while feasible is more expensive. I'm not entirely convinced either that the war in Syria is all about pipelines. I'm unsure how much more it would cost, but it would be substantially more, as it's a longer route, and there is rougher terrain to go thru. I'm not sure if that's any kind of deciding factor. Maybe Iraq won't agree to a pipeline deal either.

But Iraq and its Prime Minister Abadi can not agree to the pipeline project. Its allies in Iran, Russia and Syria are all against the Qatar-Turkey-(U.S.) project and would see that as treason. Shia militia in Iraq, especially the Badr brigade, have threatened to destroy the Turkish force near Mosul. They would remove Abadi from his office if he would fold under the Turkish-Qatari-(U.S.) extortion scheme.

Link

Shia militia has fat chance , especially when there are 40 million Turks in Iran.

If attacked there is no telling where the Turk would stop .

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Most of them are fat and sick, with incredible high amounts of diabetes. Their economy isn't doing to well either, they will probably suffer some bad losses and have the USA doing the fighting, either way its the war they seem to have wanted. Now wait for little Kim to do something.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   

"CNN is calling it the biggest political crisis to hit the ME in years."

The terrorist MSM is drooling over the possibility that America will become involved.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Because I don't follow these international events until they appear on ATS, the below Overview was VERY enlightening.

Why does the Row between Saudi Arabia and Qatar Matter? : www.smh.com.au...

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   
This is incredibly dangerous

"Strict and firm action will be taken against anyone who shows sympathy or any form of bias towards Qatar, or against anyone who objects to the position of the United Arab Emirates, whether it be through the means of social media, or any type of written, visual or verbal form," Gulf News quoted UAE Attorney-General Hamad Saif al-Shamsi as saying.

Offenders could be punished with a jail term of up to 15 years and a fine of at least 500,000 dirhams ($136,000), Gulf News reported.

even saying you support Qatar now has a jailterm.

what the hell is going on?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Did the shipment of weapons that the Saudis bought from the USA arrive yet?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Did the shipment of weapons that the Saudis bought from the USA arrive yet?

No, but I'm sure they have plenty of weapons of war as it stands now.

315 M–1A2 Abrams, 290 AMX–30, and 450 M60A3 main battle tanks; 300 reconnaissance vehicles; 570+ AMX–10P and 400 M–2 Bradley armored infantry fighting vehicles; 3,000+ M113 and 100 Al-Fahd armored personnel carriers, produced in Saudi Arabia; 200+ towed artillery pieces; 110 self-propelled artillery pieces; 60 multiple rocket launchers; 400 mortars; 10 surface-to-surface missiles; about 2,000 antitank guided weapons; about 200 rocket launchers; 450 recoilless launchers; 12 attack helicopters; 50+ transport helicopters; and 1,000 surface-to-air missiles

As of 2011, Saudi Arabia has around 300 combat aircraft. The kingdom's combat aircraft are newly acquired Typhoons and upgraded Tornado IDS, F-15 Eagle and F-15E Strike Eagle fighter planes. Saudi Arabia has a further 80+ F-15 Eagles on order and an option to buy another 72 Typhoons.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   
check this........

BREAKING:

GUNFIRE IN IRANIAN PARLIAMENT
www.rt.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I am still puzzled by the public severity of this rhetoric though. The only thing I can think of is this is leading to them maybe being forced to do something really #ed up to really turn the heat up in Syria along the border. I cannot yet imagine what that may be, but I have suspicions something sinister has already been planned.

Beats me, i don't have a military background. I just am guessing that there were backroom deals and that the western powers would say , oh they are a terroristic state so we're not backing them.. Where's zaphod when you need him. I don't see a reason to believe that the UK and France wouldn't double cross Qatar on the pretext of wiping out terrorism. Stranger things have happened.
edit on 7-6-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join