It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pimp My Wall

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

In a meeting Tuesday with Republican leaders, Trump reportedly suggested putting solar panels on the proposed US-Mexico border wall, and letting the generated electricity from the panels cover some of the costs.

Sourcify Yourself Here

I believe the conversation went something like this;

Trump - I'm highly educated. I know solar panels. We have the best solar panels, I have the best at solar panels at Mar-a-Lago, they'll be great solar panels, lets make the American border beautiful again.

Ryan - Happy place, I'm in my happy place, I'm happy in my happy place......

This next quote was the show stealer for me;

Trump reportedly told the Republican lawmakers they were free to talk about the wall as long as they credited him with the solar panels idea, however it was unclear whether the proposal was under serious consideration.

And for all of you who are going to come out swinging for Trump on this one, that's all well and good, but you can't deny the comedy of it.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Sell advertising...

Immigration lawyers would pay.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

Don't you support the use of green energy and the solar industry? I must have missed the punchline.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Bad idea unless heavily surveillance was maintained for they would all be stolen in short order.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Don't you support the use of green energy and the solar industry?

Yes, I do.

However, putting solar panels along a 3000km linear structure is utterly retarded.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
hmm - the panels would in 99% of the wall have to be on the mexican side - this may create problems with vandalism and maintinance

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
hmm - the panels would in 99% of the wall have to be on the mexican side - this may create problems with vandalism and maintinance

Very well put.... the southern side....in Aus, all our panels are on the northern side.

I love it when smarties beat me to it

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
S&F because the part about Ryan imagining being in his happy place made me giggle.

Other than that I wasn't for the wall in the first place.

But if it "must" go up, then at least they are thinking of ways to be green, I guess? Even if their ideas aren't exactly efficient or reasonable- talking about it, it's a start I suppose.

-Alee

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Hey its the middle ground!!! The wall for the hard-righters . . . and solar power for the hard-lefters!!!! All we need now is free tacos for everyone crossing the wall.

Can ya feel the dripping sarcasm?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Bad idea unless heavily surveillance was maintained for they would all be stolen in short order.

Yes, in my rural area the solar panels supplying electric powered road signs are stolen regularly.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
just cover the wall with Trump's face on it and you'll be damn sure Mexicans won't come.

top topics

join