It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X-37B Space Plane will fly on the SpaceX Falcon9 in August

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

why not launch cubesat fleets?
that would help a lot
but you know he is scraping the bottom of the barrel when he helps the military

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: thebozeian

i dont know why but i feel very uneasy seeing space x launch spy sattelites

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

Because they don't get to choose what gets launched. They have to launch what the customer brings to them to launch. If the customers aren't launching fleets of cubesats, how are they going to launch them?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

then is confirmed
like all good things the military destroyed space

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

then its confirmed
like all good things the military destroyed space

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Yeah, whatever. I guess we should give up GPS and all the other military satellites that led to things we use to make you happy. Will that satisfy you, or should we give up all the things we use that started for the military too?

How exactly does launching the same unarmed satellites that commercial companies launch "destroy space"? Oh wait, let me guess, as soon as the word "military" is included it's Evil and Wrong, and if we just got rid if them the world would instantly become a better place, right?

edit on 6/8/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/8/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Yeah, whatever. I guess we should give up GPS and all the other military satellites that led to things we use to make you happy. Will that satisfy you, or should we give up all the things we use that started for the military too?

How exactly does launching the same unarmed satellites that commercial companies launch "destroy space"? Oh wait, let me guess, as soon as the word "military" is included it's Evil and Wrong, and if we just got rid if them the world would instantly become a better place, right?

You cant argue with backwards logic, it will wear you out and beat you with experience.

I used to like Mack trucks until they sold one the US Army for moving things. Sell outs...

My guess is that this fella is not an economics professor!

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

i have never ever trusted any kind of military, because i remenber that those are the same people that kill poor civilians almost every year

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Regular people kill thousands of civilians every year. Do you trust them?
edit on 6/9/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Plot twist: The X-37B was NEVER going to fly on ULA. This means the contract was about two years to 18 months old. The question is whether or not the rocket was meant for another payload and already paid for by the gov or not. If it was, there'd be a minimal change to the cost. If it wasn't, this is an old contract folks (including me) were not aware of. That's not too surprising though.

spacenews.com...

FYI, a launch campaign takes a minimum of 6 months currently. The paperwork is enough to make Hercules cry like a baby and that cost is insane for that quick of a turn around. 18 is the min spacex likes. 24 to 36 months is the norm. There is a lot to qual for every flight.

So, there's also an outside chance the October launch is for the second X-37B though...not likely, but possible.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

The Military did not destroy space. You do not live in space. And you will never go to space. So what exactly are you worried about. We protect space so you can GPS your way cross country... And so we can drop J DAMS on Militants. IS and Jihadist.

You really want those savages making their way over here, invading us and cutting off your neighbors head for being an infidel?
Uck No!

We need to be hauling LOT''s more freight up there. Both offensive and defenses. The US is setting up a new sheriff in town in outer space. Once we have some sexy little X375s up there attaching cameras and security measures to our sats.

Done with that, have them roll around up there and attach little limpet mines to our enemy's assets to be command detonated should diplomacy fail. We control the high ground of space.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Rider

the real truth is that usa in those attacks also kill civilians and destroy homes
theres no such thing has an good side in war
and thats why i hate humans

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Then you must hate yourself as well. And you must hate talking to other humans like the ones you are talking with in this thread. And why oh why is there always somebody who thinks that everything that is wrong in the world and anyone who gets killed in war zones is always the fault of the US? They aren't perfect but they aren't the worst either. Have you seen Russia in the Ukraine or China in Tibet, ever wonder who invaded Afghanistan and smashed it to pieces before the US went there?

Dude seriously, we are just a bunch of low body hair upper primates. 30,000 years ago we probably had little to no language and lived in caves. What did you expect? Godlike perfection in all our decisions and what we think and do?

I think its remarkable that in the space of one human lifetime we went from no technology in space, to being able to send up a remotely piloted/independent piloted vehicle able to survive in space for two years and then return to do it all again. And now probes that have mapped or flown past half the bodies in our solar system. And several that have left it all together.

edit on 11-6-2017 by thebozeian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Dude, we talk aviation here.

not your personal moral compass.

The military does allot of good things too, you remember Katrina, Haiti, Japan ?

who mobilized VAST resources to help the civilians, you? i think not.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Space X is attempting to launch the X-37B spaceplane today. Five hour launch window opens in a little under an hour.

SpaceX is targeting launch of the Orbital Test Vehicle 5 (OTV-5) from Launch Complex 39A (LC-39A) at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida. The primary launch window opens on Thursday, September 7 at 9:50 a.m. EDT or 13:50 UTC, and closes at 2:55 p.m. EDT or 18:55 UTC. A backup launch window is available on Friday, September 8.

LiveStream will be at this link.

My guess is the mission will last 911 days before landing at Vandenberg.

Adding a link to more info: spaceflightinsider.co m

edit on 9/7/2017 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
LiveStream of possible launch is just beginning.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Still go for launch weather-wise at T- 00:06:30

Perfect landing of the Falcon 9 Stage 1 rocket. Such incredible technology.
edit on 9/7/2017 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Rider

The altruistic human being see space as the frontier that unites humanity. When a human being enters space he or she cares being white or black or even Irish or English; you become a human being from the planet Earth. Ignorant to think we aren't being watched. Bringing weapons to space sets a dangerous precedent for everyone. Unfortunately the USAF can't risk sitting idly by whilst every other power rushes more and more tech into space.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
If you watch the video of the liftoff, there's one point where it looks like there was some burnthrough around the engine area, near where the engines attach.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
That is amazing, absolutely shows how clever mankind is.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join