It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Cotton says he hasn’t seen evidence of Comey memos

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Well this is a bombshell that will trigger all kinds of feverish feelings.

U.S. Senator Tom Cotton says he knows of no "Comey Memos" about what trump and Comey talked about concerning the alleged "Trump said to stop the Flynn investigations" !!

All kinds of "Sources" and people "familiar" with everything have been shouting this to the hilltops for weeks.

He says anything "said" is "triple hearsay" anyway !!

Sen. Cotton says he hasn’t seen evidence of Comey memos

Sen. Tom Cotton said Tuesday that he has not seen any evidence of memos from former FBI Director James Comey ahead of his hearing this week.

“The accounts of these memos he allegedly wrote would be at least triple hearsay, what Donald Trump said according to Jim Comey according to someone who saw the memo, according to the New York Times’ reporter who had it read to him, didn’t even read it,” Mr. Cotton said on “The Hugh Hewitt Show.” “So I don’t know what Mr. Comey will say on any of these matters beyond what he said to Congress in the past.”

Mr. Cotton, Arkansas Republican, said he had not “personally” seen any evidence of the memos as one of the 15 members of the Senate Intelligence Committee that Mr. Comey will testify before on Thursday.

Now what will they do !!

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Why would he have been able to see the memos in the first place?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
It's gonna be the shortest public hearing ever and it will leave people dazed and confused. F#ck this is just perfect and i was right again. F#ck Nostradamus he has nothing on me.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It compares to the Bush bunch looking for WMD's in Iraq .

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Why wouldn't he as a member of the Senate Intel Committee when these are not classified memos and they are relevant to the testimony coming up?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Are you saying that everyone that is involved in the case has access to each others memos?

Why would Comey submit all of his memos before he testifies?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Apparently the Head of the FBI, Mueller, declined to release the memos when first asked by the committee. So in response the committee head, Chaffetz, set a new deadline of June 8th for them to be released.

So I guess they have two days before they have to show the goods.

www.politico.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Are you saying that everyone that is involved in the case has access to each others memos?

Why would Comey submit all of his memos before he testifies?

I would think it would be a little hard to ask question relevant to the case without having the materials related to it.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

They have already asked questions. Isn't he going to testify so he can answer them?

This type of thread doesn't make any sense. I am sure there are tons of people who haven't seen the memos from when he was in the FBI. Nor should they unless requested, but first he needs to testify to give reason to see them.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

The committee subpoenaed them as far as I know. The holdup is Mueller, but if they are investigating evidence of obstruction of justice by Trump among other things, then it seems this memo is, or should be, exhibit A, especially since Comey's own prior sworn testimony under oath is that there was no obstruction of justice.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I just checked and everything I found says they haven't been subpoenaed yet. A lot of threats claiming they will, but nothing yet.

Maybe someone will get that ball rolling.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

It compares to the Bush bunch looking for WMD's in Iraq .

But Colin Powell testified before the freaking UN showing pictures of presumed mobile chemical weapons facilities that COBRA from the old GI Joe cartoon would be envious of...knowing they weren't real and doing it anyway to keep Raytheon, KBR, Halliburton, etc. in business.
Not really seeing any parallels with this...

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Maybe the parrot in Comey's birdcage has seen them lining the bottom, but NO HUMAN has admitted to seeing them.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I just checked and everything I found says they haven't been subpoenaed yet. A lot of threats claiming they will, but nothing yet.

Are those "sources" credible ?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
So Mueller is the hold-up.

Maybe Mueller says it's all classified, or maybe Mueller knows of no such "Memos".

Read carefully.

Every word (or omitted word) counts !!

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Is "setting a deadline" the same as a subpoena?

Chaffetz said back on May 17th that he was "ready to subpoena" the memos.
www.cnn.com...

But in April, Chaffetz disclosed that he's not running for re-election.
thehill.com...

Would that make him MORE determined, or LESS determined to get to the bottom of things? He appeared on "Fox and Friends" for over an hour this morning, and was very relaxed..like he didn't have a care in the world.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Probably more than yours.
edit on 6-6-2017 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Probably more than yours.

Things going bump in the night

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Good question. I don't know what he meant by that exactly. But I'm guessing one thing it means is until that date occurs he's not going to do anything about it.

That's also the day of Comey testifying too which I doubt is just a coincidence.

If I had to guess I'd say that if the FBI plans on handing them out for the committee to view for themselves, it will be sometime around the time Comey testifies before them.

Maybe there is something in there that needs special attention before he starts letting this info out of the bag or something. I guess we'll find out in a couple days.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Old Bobby has picked some bad motor scooters for this team.

He already has picked three former colleagues from his last job as a partner at the Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr law firm: Aaron Zebley, who also was Mueller’s FBI chief of staff; Jeannie Rhee, a former DOJ attorney; and Quarles, who got his start in Washington some four decades ago as an assistant Watergate prosecutor. But Mueller’s biggest hire to date was Weissmann, who is taking a leave from his current post leading the Justice Department’s criminal fraud section. The two men have a long history together at the FBI, where Weissmann served as both the bureau’s general counsel from 2011 to 2013 and as Mueller’s special counsel in 2005. Weissmann’s prosecution record includes overseeing the investigations into more than 30 people while running the Enron Task Force, including CEOs Kenneth Lay and Jeffrey Skilling. And while working in the U.S. attorney’s office in the eastern district of New York, he tried more than 25 cases involving members of the Genovese, Colombo and Gambino crime families.

www.politico.com...

I just hope they branch out to a lot of other things as much of it is connected.

edit on 7-6-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join