It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey will stop short of saying Trump obstructed justice in Flynn probe, source says

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
People who claim to be familiar with how somebody thinks are now called sources?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

Hey it is ABC, they are the for real truth teller.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Basically, if this is true, then nothing changes and we are exactly where we were before.

The Resistance and Mad Maxine will need a new standard to hoist their impeachment flag on.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I don't think many of the questions will require him (Comey) to reveal classified info. Most will be soap-opera stuff. Are there any "loonies" on the Senate Committee that will be questioning him?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Do you know which on it is? It will be pretty easy to look up.

Oh, lord!

DiFi, Kamala Harris (gets her first chance to grandstand), Mark Warner

On the Republican side, we have Rubio and Collins. Cotton is usually very reliable. Cornyn might be an issue like Rubio and Collins.
edit on 6-6-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: xuenchen

I don't think many of the questions will require him (Comey) to reveal classified info. Most will be soap-opera stuff. Are there any "loonies" on the Senate Committee that will be questioning him?

Oh please don't let it be the "old" crew from the world wide threats hearing. That was god awful and borderline insanity.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

As long as AL FRANKEN-stein is not one of the questioning panel members. He takes 5 minutes to ask a simple question, and it always includes his anti-Trump stance.
edit on 6/6/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I think he should run for office with Huma as his VP pick: Franken/Weiner.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
How about this for FAKE NEWS... (It's almost better than Comey hiding from Trump behind a curtain.)

""WASHINGTON — The day after President Trump asked James B. Comey, the F.B.I. director, to end an investigation into his former national security adviser, Mr. Comey confronted Attorney General Jeff Sessions and said he did not want to be left alone again with the president, according to current and former law enforcement officials.""

www.msn.com...

But after this encounter, Comey/Trump had at least 3 private meetings..with 2 of them being dinner together.

The New York Times is desperately trying to divert attention away from the rash of lies it published in May.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I think he should run for office with Huma as his VP pick: Franken/Weiner.

That's funny! Did Huma drop the Weiner from her name after she divorced Anthony last month?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

She took him back again. Not sure why.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

The MSM is pretty relentless in their character assassination. Comey must be really pissed to read this BS day after day. I hope he lashes out on them that would really make my day.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I f everybody knows what he will say in advance , what's the point ?

Oh yea, that's right.

There are six boomers ( offensive nuclear attack submarines ) laying of the coast of N. Korea.
The entire Arab world has all but declared war on Qatar.
The petro-dollar is being circumvented at every opportunity.

Just maybe Reality truly is a Winner and the show must go on.

Hit it Frank ...er I mean Mr. Sinatra

Buck

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Oh boy. Another thread where everyone comes in and rolls their eyes over "Anonymous Sources" and then discounts the rest of the content without addressing it or even bothering to really read it...

Oh. Wait.

I wonder why that didn't happen this time??

Anyway, back on topic, it will be interesting to see if this source is accurate. I've been wondering how far Comey will go.

Trump reportedly had dinner with Rubio and Cotton, and then said he wished Comey luck during his testimony. Methinks he has primed those two yes men to distract and detract and derail. Just a guess though.

The Chinese curse of old is realised: we do live in "interesting times."

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

What do you expect Comey to do? Contradict previous testimony he gave under oath that he never felt pressured to stop investigations?

If he testifies in the manner you are clearly wanting him to, then he perjures himself. At least one of this testimonies is a lie and both will have been given under oath. So which testimony is the truth and which the lie? And how will that make him a credible witness?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Can I use you as a unnamed source about the Trump dinner?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   
What I'd like to know and what makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, is what possible reason would Trump have to mention --- not once, but three times --- that Comey told him he was not under investigation. In a termination letter. That is wholly inappropriate and completely out of left field.

Termination letters are cogent and simply say effective such-and-such date your employment is terminated; here are your rights; here is the person who will contact you to collect your effects and gov't property and possibly, but rarely, a terse thank you for your service.

Adding that entirely unrelated subject matter, repeatedly, smells extremely suspicious. There are employment laws you must follow in these matters.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

No. I would be a terrible source for that and you would be a terrible journalist for using me.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

originally posted by: seasonal

No. I would be a terrible source for that and you would be a terrible journalist for using me.

I would hazard a guess that this is most of the problem with our news media these days - terrible sources and terrible journalists.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

She took him back again. Not sure why.

She must miss the Weiner.

<< 1    3 >>

join