It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey will stop short of saying Trump obstructed justice in Flynn probe, source says

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Alot of stuff that is going to make Trump uncomfortable, a "source familiar with Comey's thinking". Comey will stop short of saying Trump interfered with the probe of Michael Flynn.Comey told associates that he will dispute Trumps contention that he told him he was no under investigation.

There will be much in former FBI Director James Comey’s upcoming congressional testimony that will make the White House uncomfortable, but he will stop short of saying the president interfered with the agency's probe into former national security adviser Michael Flynn, a source familiar with Comey's thinking told ABC News.

Although Comey has told associates he will not accuse the President of obstructing justice, he will dispute the president’s contention that Comey told him three times he is not under investigation.

Trump supposedly told Comey that he hoped the investigation of Flynn was dropped and Comey said he felt "uncomfortable".

The president allegedly said he hoped Comey would drop the Flynn investigation, a request that concerned Comey enough that he documented the conversation in a memo shortly after speaking with the president. In the memo, according to sources close to Comey who reviewed it, Trump said: "I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go," during a February meeting.

The request made Comey uncomfortable, but the source tells ABC News that Comey has told associates he will not accuse the President of obstructing justice.
abcnews.go.com...

So is this going to amount to a hill of beans? Or are we going through the motions?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

What a surprise oh wait i predicted this already.
Like i said both parties don't want him to testify. I can almost hear the autistic screeching rolling on and it's getting louder. F#ck me i'm good at this sh!t.

Edit: Twitter will explode after the hearing.
I can see the hashtags #comeyisatraitor or #investigatecomey or #comeyandrussiadeal

edit on 6-6-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

He doesn't have much choice now does he? If he goes thru with it how the lamestream media is hoping he hangs his own ass for perjury for his previous testimony under oath!

Also, as being an employee who was FIRED, just how can you take his testimony as the truth when he can be painted as a disgruntled employee who has a vendetta?

The media who is making this a BIG ISSUE are idiots!!!

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Sounds like good news for Trump. Liberals were jumping up and down saying Trump should be impeached for Obstruction of Justice. Comey will testify that he didn't. Liberals will have to invent something else to start their impeachment talk back up again.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Liberals are going to cry wolf too many times with the impeachment stuff.

But if you consider how out of control liberals have been for the last 4 months, this is tame.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

But if you consider how out of control liberals have been for the last 4 months, this is tame.

I think we are far past that already. Though it seems like they slowly realized that shooting themselves in the foot over and over again is the wrong way to approach this thing.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=22322999]Perfectenemy[/p

I doubt the leadership in the D's are even aware of how silly they sound. They are insulated and with the amount of ass kissing, I am sure they think they are 100% right.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
One of the most amusing things I have seen so far in the whole hysterical 2 years of campaigning, elections, and new govt. is the shift by liberals from hating Comey, calling for him to be fired, then switching to saying he shouldn't have been fired, then moving on to message after message about what a stand up guy he is as we head towards his testimony. It won;t surprise me at all if they want him jailed if he fails to deliver Trump's head on a platter to them.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

I think we are far past that already. Though it seems like they slowly realized that shooting themselves in the foot over and over again is the wrong way to approach this thing.

Oh they are not done shooting themselves in the foot, they are too stupid.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

Oh they are not done shooting themselves in the foot, they are too stupid.

I sure hope so because it's highly entertaining as f#ck. The MSM is in the process of selfdestructing but nobody told them that.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
From what I gather, Comey puts COUNTRY first. A peacemaker, in the mold of Obama.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
What if Comey claims "classified" and says he will only "talk" in the closed session later Thursday ?

The "Leaks" will be so big not even Flex Seal will work !!

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

But isn't the whole reason he's going to do his thing Thursday because he wouldn't testify in a closed door session saying he would only speak if it would be out in the open?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Comey is just the very beginning of this investigation; It's not going away and even the GOP want to get this over with and they aren't going to support Trump.

They pay attention to the polls and it's not looking to good for Trump among even conservative republicans.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
One of the most amusing things I have seen so far in the whole hysterical 2 years of campaigning, elections, and new govt. is the shift by liberals from hating Comey, calling for him to be fired, then switching to saying he shouldn't have been fired, then moving on to message after message about what a stand up guy he is as we head towards his testimony. It won;t surprise me at all if they want him jailed if he fails to deliver Trump's head on a platter to them.

I'm beginning to think it's not amusing.

I'm beginning to think the are so far gone that they actually do convince themselves that he never enraged them over Hillary. He's always been their hero, and if he lets them down, they'll change their minds and erase their opinion of today just as quickly.

That's getting a bit scary.

If they can really convince themselves that their reality can be edited like that ... what won't they be able to edit in and out of it and believe from one day to the next?

link   
Y'all keep going on and on about 'liberals' but you ain't talking about them.

'Liberals' this and 'liberals' that. Please stop.

You're talking about the DNC and some Democrats.

The founding fathers were liberals.

Re: topic - it seems speculative these days to trust sources at face value, given the plethora of 'fake news' going about.
edit on 19Tue, 06 Jun 2017 19:26:59 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago6 by Greven because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: olaru12

They pay attention to the polls

How did that work out in the last election?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
From what I gather, Comey puts COUNTRY first. A peacemaker, in the mold of Obama.

I thought that too until I watched him do all kinds of contortions NOT to indict Hillary after laying out a case for doing it. I am not sure how that's putting country first.

About the only way you could even begin to make that argument is if he felt her career would be over. Boy! Would he be wrong.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

They pay attention to the polls and it's not looking to good for Trump among even conservative republicans.

Sure....and the polls are so accurate.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: xuenchen

But isn't the whole reason he's going to do his thing Thursday because he wouldn't testify in a closed door session saying he would only speak if it would be out in the open?

He has a closed door hearing later Thursday....

Once the public hearing is over, Comey is slated to testify at a private afternoon closed session with the Senate Intelligence Committee. The schedule raises a key question: How much will Comey feel comfortable revealing in public, and how much will he save for the hearing behind closed doors?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join