It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions suggested he could resign amid rising tension with President Trump

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Sources tell ABC news that there is tension between Trump and Sessions. This is all from Sessions recusing himself from the Russian investigation. He didn't tell Trump until just minutes before Session announced it publicly. Pissed Trump off, as you can imagine.

As the White House braces for former FBI Director James Comey’s testimony Thursday, sources tell ABC News the relationship between President Donald Trump and Attorney General Jeff Sessions has become so tense that Sessions at one point recently even suggested he could resign.

The friction between the two men stems from the attorney general's abrupt decision in March to recuse himself from anything related to the Russia investigation -- a decision the president only learned about minutes before Sessions announced it publicly. Multiple sources say the recusal is one of the top disappointments of his presidency so far and one the president has remained fixated on.
abcnews.go.com...

Trump is still angry over the recusal and is not letting it go and Trump figures the recusal is the reason the Russian investigation has expanded. This is what is prompting Sessions to offer to resign.

Trump’s anger over the recusal has not diminished with time. Two sources close to the president say he has lashed out repeatedly at the attorney general in private meetings, blaming the recusal for the expansion of the Russia investigation, now overseen by Special Counsel and former FBI Director Robert Mueller.

But sources say the frustration runs both ways, prompting the resignation offer from Sessions.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

So MORE anonymous sources?

roflmao

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

But it is

Two sources close to the president

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

But it is

Two sources close to the president

That'll probably be his shrink, and his Lawyer...oops, he ain't got one.
Anyway, why should Trump be worried about any expansion of the investigation...he's innocent I tells ya!
Anyway, you'll hear all about it soon in the DDD.
edit on 6-6-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Perhaps it is a distraction?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

because if the President is convinced the investigation is bs to delegitimize his term, why would he want to expand it?

I'd try to squash it too, I'd have work to do and don't need the distractions.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

FYI SEASONAL.. Thread already started. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Hope he does resign.

His efforts for mandatory minimums and a renewed war on drugs will cost the Repubicans votes in the future.

Legalizing pot would be a popular decision, fighting against it will do nothing but create animosity with anyone that partakes of the herb.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth

because if the President is convinced the investigation is bs to delegitimize his term, why would he want to expand it?

he spent most of his election time distracting everybody else, and got away with blue murder, it's his time to get distracted, the bigger the better.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee
Hope he does resign.

His efforts for mandatory minimums and a renewed war on drugs will cost the Repubicans votes in the future.

Legalizing pot would be a popular decision, fighting against it will do nothing but create animosity with anyone that partakes of the herb.

I agree with that statement to a point, but this is where you lose me.

Sessions said it is up to the legislation to change the law and legalize it, otherwise he will abide by existing laws! Now with that being said, let me apply that same logic to the hatred of our LEO's who enforce the law written by our so called leaders!!!!!! Don't hate those who enforce the law, hate those who legislate it? Understand?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Don't hate those who enforce the law, hate those who legislate it?

Deaf ears will hear that.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
MSM shape shifting.

CNN is discredited so is NBC and NYT and WP.

ABC is the new "Sorse with no Name"

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

he spent most of his election time distracting everybody else, and got away with blue murder, it's his time to get distracted, the bigger the better.

that's not how it works, if you want to distract him on his personal time then I don't care; but what you're trying to do is use a conspiracy theory to deligitimize and overthrow the results of an election.

You're not just messing with President Trump, you're messing with the voters who elected him to fulfill his goals.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
DO IT.

Ive got no tears for Sessions. That guy is a grade A ass and states rights hypocrite.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I would love it if he resigned.

Jeff please do it follow your heart.

(post by SeekingAlpha removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Fake news.

Just Like Conway being fired, Bannon and Kushner leaving.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

that's not how it works, if you want to distract him on his personal time then I don't care; but what you're trying to do is use a conspiracy theory to deligitimize and overthrow the results of an election.

You're not just messing with President Trump, you're messing with the voters who elected him to fulfill his goals.

I don't need to 'delegitimize' his election since he should never been selected in the first place..he is unworthy and unstable, a liar, a thief, a conman, sleeked, deceptive, and portrays a siege mentality while he can't build walls, (except ones made of dirt...and he had to get someone else do that for him) As for conspiracy, the question of his Russian dealings, true or otherwise, has yet to be seen by all of us, as nobody but those who can, don't know what's in the more explicit classified version thus far of what is an ongoing investigation. We do know now that what was hinted at by media that what was said to Comey by Trump to him is true as will be in Comey's statement tomorrow..unless you want to call Comey a liar that is.
As for messing with him...I don't think so, I don't like the idea of messing with a piece of shiite, and on the contrary, it is Trump who messed who messed with the voters, not that their votes mattered anyway as it turned out.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Russian secret agents? For sure right now Putin wants Trump booted from the WH. Trump bombed SAA 3 times since March. Obama never touched SAA. Trump is showing Putin who is boss and giving Putin the middle finger.

top topics

join