It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Takes Credit for Results of Russian Hacking Again

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

I did address the issue. It was totally debunked. There is ZERO evidence President Trump was in collusion with the dreaded Russians. Did you have anything else or was that it?

What? That wasn't actually *the* issue at hand. There were quite a few things mentioned:

* Trump's penchant for taking credit for things he didn't do.

* The hacking of the Qatar state news agency and posting of a fake news story led to a cut off in diplomatic and commercial ties between Qatar and Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Bahrain and the UAE.

* Trump taking credit for this because he's an ignorant liar.

* Trump's inability to control himself on Twitter.

* Administration spokespeople scrambling, telling reporters that they shouldn't pay attention to the tweets of their boss, the President of the United States of America and blaming everyone else for his bulls#.

* CNN reporting of FBI agents being brought in to assist Qatari officials and making a determination that Russians hackers were behind the posting of the fake news article. (not clear if it was Russian state-sponsored hackers or not)

* Trump's ignorance of geopolitics, his penchant for absurd tweets stemming from his ignorance (and lack of tact), pissing all over one strategic partner in the ME while sucking up to another that he roundly denounced during his campaign (many times).

* Trump taking credit for a move that actually looks to be the result of Russian hacking which is quite interesting, even if it's a coincidence (and more so if it's not). Again, it goes to Trump's abject ignorance of geopolitics and how foolish he looks as he's patting himself on the back.

Which of those did you debunk exactly?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
If true, what should be chalk this one up to? Coincidence? The influence of Kremlin-fawning advisors surrounding Trumpster Fire?

Earlier today, Presi-dunce Trumpster Fire took credit for Bahrain, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and the UAE severing diplomatic and commercial ties with Qatar... on Twitter.

While it's true that Qatar does in fact provide material support to radicals operating in a number of countries, so does Saudi Arabia. Qatar also happens to be the home of the forward HQ of the United States Central Command. In fact, Gen. Mattis was in Qatar in April, visiting the Al Udeid base where 10,000 US troops are stationed. So it goes without saying that a lot of heads were likely shaking in disbelief at the Pentagon.

Meanwhile, at the Kremlin, the scene probably looked more like this:

Like a lot of things that Donald the Dishonest takes credit for, this wasn't really his doing. In reality, what really kicked this off was a news story published on the website of the Qatar News Agency on May 23rd. The article claimed that Qatar was withdrawing its diplomats from Bahrain, Egypt, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, and the UAE because of "tensions" with the US administration. It also had dubious quotes from the Qater emir, Sheikh Saif Bin Ahmed Al Thani, claiming a close relationship with Israel.

The Qataris immediately claimed the article was a fake that had been planted by hackers.

According to CNN, the FBI sent agents to help the government of Qatar with its investigation and they concluded that Russian hackers were responsible for planting the fake news story.

FIRST ON CNN: US suspects Russian hackers planted fake news behind Qatar crisis

Washington (CNN)US investigators believe Russian hackers breached Qatar's state news agency and planted a fake news report that contributed to a crisis among the US' closest Gulf allies, according to US officials briefed on the investigation. The FBI recently sent a team of investigators to Doha to help the Qatari government investigate the alleged hacking incident, Qatari and US government officials say. Intelligence gathered by the US security agencies indicates that Russian hackers were behind the intrusion first reported by the Qatari government two weeks ago, US officials say. Qatar hosts one of the largest US military bases in the region.

US officials say the Russian goal appears to be to cause rifts among the US and its allies. In recent months, suspected Russian cyber activities, including the use of fake news stories, have turned up amid elections in France, Germany and other countries.

It's not yet clear whether the US has tracked the hackers in the Qatar incident to Russian criminal organizations or to the Russian security services blamed for the US election hacks. One official noted that based on past intelligence, "not much happens in that country without the blessing of the government."

The FBI and CIA declined to comment. A spokeswoman for the Qatari embassy in Washington said the investigation is ongoing and its results would be released publicly soon.

I'm sure tongue-tied, stressed out, spokespeople will be trying to figure out how it's all the media's fault that Trump can't stop tweeting stupid s#. What's the next Trumpology?

"If you stop paying attention to him, he'll eventually stop! It's your fault!"

These mudpit pieces by you just go further and further downhill every single time.

Between the name calling and the guesswork I laugh pretty much every time.

So Qatar is funding radicals, as is Saudi Arabia....

Now...you seem to have left out what administration funded most of the build out of this base of operations(in particular the air force)and the fact it was moved from Saudi Arabia and they continued to sink money into it.

What I'm seeing is there was very possibly a behind the scenes deal that occurred to more than triple the spending on this base during the Obama administration...leading me back to my ever present assertion that there is a GOP long game here.

Anywho....continue in with your silly Trump threads....they will become more and more irrelevant as every one has been similar to the sourceless news lately....clinging to guesswork and nothingburgers...

I mean is couldn't POSSIBLY have to do with a pipeline could it....nah....that would be just all too obvious right?
edit on 6/7/17 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Surprise Surprise the Qatari government gets caught funding terrorists of course they are going to start screaming the Russians did it the Russians did it , they are the people to blame right now thanks to the U.S media so of course they will try and deflect their misdeeds on Russian hackers its actually quiet pathetic at this point and the fact that the F.B.I said the Russians might of done it just seals the deal look how spot on they were with that in the U.S... absolutely no where

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

That's what I'm talking about! They can't call themselves 'Republicans" anymore, because they aren't. They need a new party name. I'm thinking "Anti-Liberals". That's all they represent.

A third party. The "Anti-Liberal" Party. It fits. It's all they've got, or so it seems.

Is it anti-Liberal or anti-Republican? You have this silent majority that voted Trump into office that is really not doing anything, but the term Nazi seems to be over used...kind of a meme now for anyone not part of the anti-trump movement. What we have is a large number of those of the left that just want to protest and they use alt-right as a wide brush when in fact it is a small group that the right wants nothing to do with them.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

I just hate seeing this type of immature crap on this board - it really does bring us down a notch from the days we were considered quality and mature and sensible. I just dont understand how someone can put so much effort into a thread yet act like a child with the name calling and crappy attempt and rhyming nonsense. We get it, Trump could cure cancer and you'd still act like your in a playground throwing insults because it makes you more cleverererer.

You always have the choice of ignoring me if me calling our President funny names really bothers you that much. I don't comport myself any worse than any number of your peers and yet, you lot are always whining about me and never about one another. You're wasting your time admonishing me, unless of course it makes you feel better somehow. In which case, have at it. I simply don't care.

This is why i think what you write isnt worth the time to read

That's nice.

you just ignore the fact that everything CNN presents is based on unamed sources, officials familiar, past and present... There has never been a single piece of evidence, a statement, a quote attributed too.. and yet, you criticize and mock people on one side the spectrum because they believe what they hear or trust who they trust.. yet, you do the same thing with trash journalism.

"Trash journalism?" Unnamed sources are nothing new. Are we experiencing an unprecedented level of leaks? Possibly. Here's what I know:

CNN has a better track record for accuracy than any member of the Trump administration. As an organization, they're far far far more credible.

Quite a number of the major MSM stories from these first 120 or so days which were based on anonymous leaks have been proven true, very few have been disputed and I can't think of any of significance that were actually disproven.

in your rushed attempt to validate your ''anti-trump'' position no matter what the facts you conveniently missed out mentioning the Qatar royal family who were kidnapped and held for ransom - of which an apparent 1billion dollar payment was made for that went to Iran and other terrorist groups.

See, I was going to try to take the high road here but your hypocrisy is just too much. FT broke that story and it's based entirely on unnamed sources. So I guess it should be dismissed out of hand as "trash journalism?" Right? I mean, that's your standard isn't it? Or do you have a double standard? One for things you don't want to believe and another for that which you do? Notice how I allow for the possibility that CNN's sources are wrong in the OP ("if this is true") where as you just state matter-of-factly as true anything you want to be so.

AFAIK, the ransom payment, assuming it happened — and I don't doubt it did knowing that a hunting party was kidnapped and released — isn't likely to be *the* trigger and assertions that it was, are of course speculation. The problem I have with that notion is that the release was almost two months ago.

I'd also point out that maybe if you believe that, you should have created a thread of your own criticizing Dear Leader for his tweets because it only follows that you should also believe that he was bulls#ing. Correct?

Take notice of something else when you get off your rotten, splintered, termite infested soap box: In the OP, I at least allow for the possibility that CNN's sources were wrong or that their reporting was just flat inaccurate. You on the other hand have this habit of stating things matter-of-factly. Like you just did or as in another thread where you declared as indisputable truth, that the DNC murdered Seth Rich.

mood : pragmatic (do you even know the definition?) definition of pragmatic: dealing with things sensibly and realistically in a way that is based on practical rather than theoretical considerations.

What point are you trying to make? And also, once again, your hypocrisy is unreal. I'm quite pragmatic in a number of areas. Ask me what I think about improving race relations some times or why I think blathering about "cultural appropriation" is a dumb idea. Or why I voted for HRC instead of throwing away my vote.

If Russia really did hack the election, why did they only go after Podesta's emails?

"Hack the election?" It's really only Trump supporters who I see using that phrase. At any rate, your premise is faulty. There were three seperate hacks: the DNC, DCCC and Podesta's Gmail account. There was actually other hacks, attempted hacks, including contractors for the RNC and also, if the recently leaked NSA document is legit and the anaylsis is correct, quite a bit more. In fact, you're making a rather unreasoned assumption that the state sponsored attacks don't continue to this very day (and ignoring their history in recent years).

Why did the DNC allow the Anwar brothers to just disappear?

Did they? I don't know. According to you, the DNC killed Seth Rich. Now you're saying they killed Seth Rich AND they "allowed the Anwar brothers to disappear." I honestly have only been keeping tabs on the developments in the Anwar brothers saga and haven't dedicated as much attention to it as I have other goings on so I'm not familiar with this specific claim.

Why is Platte River Networks pleading the 5th at the instruction of Clinton Lawyers?

What does Hillary Clinton's private email server have to do with anything regarding the Russian hacking of the DNC, DCCC, Podesta's Gmail account, etc let alone possible collusion by members of Trump's campaign/staff/himself and Russia? I'm not making the connection.

You conveniently ignore anything that shows Trump did not collude with Russia.

That's actually not true. And here, I threw you a bone in this thread:

Has WSJ Proven GOP Collusion With Foreign Hacker?

You're welcome.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Start with Trump, fill with something unrelated, and then end with Trump. Why it's a Trump nothing-burger.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Agit8dChop

I used to be just like you back in 2007/8 against Bush and all his crimes - I know how it feels and it took many a member pointing me out for my trashy ways. But I grew up and realized when you use pathetic titles to ridicule others who dont see your point of view you're just showing who you really are.

You always have the choice of ignoring me

Give this man an umbrella in his drink, i think that's exactly what you deserve.

If you had the slightest pinch of reasoning or unbiased attitude i could read your threads and get involved. But, you ignore so much and bloat twice as much nonsense to get your point across.

But I'll take you advice! Thanks.

edit on 7/6/17 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

That's what I'm talking about! They can't call themselves 'Republicans" anymore, because they aren't. They need a new party name. I'm thinking "Anti-Liberals". That's all they represent.

A third party. The "Anti-Liberal" Party. It fits. It's all they've got, or so it seems.

Is it anti-Liberal or anti-Republican? You have this silent majority that voted Trump into office that is really not doing anything, but the term Nazi seems to be over used...kind of a meme now for anyone not part of the anti-trump movement. What we have is a large number of those of the left that just want to protest and they use alt-right as a wide brush when in fact it is a small group that the right wants nothing to do with them.

If that's so, then why put one in office, and why defend him so vehemently in his vile decisions?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

If that's so, then why put one in office, and why defend him so vehemently in his vile decisions?

Put what into office an alt-right? Trump is not a politician..why don't people get that? He got voted into office because of that, and because Hillary was the other choice that even 30% of the left base could not stomach to vote for her.

Alt-right is a meme now nothing more...

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Yeah never mind those Americans in the bases there.
Trump.
Make America dead again.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: iWontGiveUP

Russia is not America's friend or even trumps friend. Trump was a tool. Next time the right may get the knife if the Russians think the other candidate may be weak enough to manipulate.
Their agenda is to end democracy.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join