It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Takes Credit for Results of Russian Hacking Again

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
If true, what should be chalk this one up to? Coincidence? The influence of Kremlin-fawning advisors surrounding Trumpster Fire?

Earlier today, Presi-dunce Trumpster Fire took credit for Bahrain, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and the UAE severing diplomatic and commercial ties with Qatar... on Twitter.

While it's true that Qatar does in fact provide material support to radicals operating in a number of countries, so does Saudi Arabia. Qatar also happens to be the home of the forward HQ of the United States Central Command. In fact, Gen. Mattis was in Qatar in April, visiting the Al Udeid base where 10,000 US troops are stationed. So it goes without saying that a lot of heads were likely shaking in disbelief at the Pentagon.

Meanwhile, at the Kremlin, the scene probably looked more like this:

Like a lot of things that Donald the Dishonest takes credit for, this wasn't really his doing. In reality, what really kicked this off was a news story published on the website of the Qatar News Agency on May 23rd. The article claimed that Qatar was withdrawing its diplomats from Bahrain, Egypt, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, and the UAE because of "tensions" with the US administration. It also had dubious quotes from the Qater emir, Sheikh Saif Bin Ahmed Al Thani, claiming a close relationship with Israel.

The Qataris immediately claimed the article was a fake that had been planted by hackers.

According to CNN, the FBI sent agents to help the government of Qatar with its investigation and they concluded that Russian hackers were responsible for planting the fake news story.

FIRST ON CNN: US suspects Russian hackers planted fake news behind Qatar crisis

Washington (CNN)US investigators believe Russian hackers breached Qatar's state news agency and planted a fake news report that contributed to a crisis among the US' closest Gulf allies, according to US officials briefed on the investigation. The FBI recently sent a team of investigators to Doha to help the Qatari government investigate the alleged hacking incident, Qatari and US government officials say. Intelligence gathered by the US security agencies indicates that Russian hackers were behind the intrusion first reported by the Qatari government two weeks ago, US officials say. Qatar hosts one of the largest US military bases in the region.

US officials say the Russian goal appears to be to cause rifts among the US and its allies. In recent months, suspected Russian cyber activities, including the use of fake news stories, have turned up amid elections in France, Germany and other countries.

It's not yet clear whether the US has tracked the hackers in the Qatar incident to Russian criminal organizations or to the Russian security services blamed for the US election hacks. One official noted that based on past intelligence, "not much happens in that country without the blessing of the government."

The FBI and CIA declined to comment. A spokeswoman for the Qatari embassy in Washington said the investigation is ongoing and its results would be released publicly soon.

I'm sure tongue-tied, stressed out, spokespeople will be trying to figure out how it's all the media's fault that Trump can't stop tweeting stupid s#. What's the next Trumpology?

"If you stop paying attention to him, he'll eventually stop! It's your fault!"
edit on 2017-6-6 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+20 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
You're one of the most unhappy individuals I've ever come across.

Cheer up. Life isn't so bad. Find a new hobby aside from your 24/7 Trump obsession.
edit on 6-6-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Cheer up. Life isn't so bad. Find a new hobby aside from your 24/7 Trump obsession.

Actually, I love the fact that Trump continues to drive these whiny Alt-Left snivelers nuts. The more they try to "get" him, the more he wins and the more unhinged they look.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

There you go spreading disinfo based on projecting how you feel over the real world. I'm perfectly happy. In fact, I would guess that I'm orders of magnitude happier than the average Trump staffer. I just get to sit back and pick him apart for the lying clown that he is.

They, like you, are tasked with coming up with absurd deflections and spinning his bulls# into something you can pass off to idiots as truth.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

The Hillary haters are pretty unhappy as well.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

Actually, I love the fact that Trump continues to drive these whiny Alt-Left snivelers nuts. The more they try to "get" him, the more he wins and the more unhinged they look.

LOL the Alt-Left people hate SJWs.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Good Lord, the Russians have hacked Qatar!!

One of two things is true here. Either Russia is AMAZINGLY adept at hacking, or the rest of the world SUCKS ASS at cyber security.

Jesus, is there anyone who wasn't hacked by Russia? And thank God you were able to bring this highly credible story to ATS.

US investigators believe

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

Alt-Left? Lmao. Do you realize how stupid you sound to anyone who isn't in your cult? "Alt-Right" is an actual term, created by *gasp* members of the Alt-Right, to describe themselves.

"Alt-Left" on the other hand is an absurd attempt at having something to say.

And whiney? Lmao. You worship at the altar of man who is a self-professed YUGE whiner. He's your whiney golden man-boy calf. Well, more orange than gold but you get the idea.

Was that all? Nothing to say about how Dear Leader has once more proven that deliberately or not, he's Putin's bitch?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I'm seeing a trend here...

Sorry the "Russians did it" narrative being beat to death doesn't fly with anyone familiar with history.

Especially someone from Wisconsin. Shame on you.

On a side note: I think the Russian's have hacked into your oxygen helmet.

edit on 6-6-2017 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

LOL, no.

ETA: Plus ATS' local chapter leader of the Alt Left, who also is the OP, just said there is no "alt left".
Don't "trigger" him.
edit on 6-6-2017 by network dude because: added fact.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

LOL, no.

LOL, yes.

An alternative political movement that seeks to unite those who feel underrepresented or marginalized by current mainstream political channels, who seek to adhere to left-wing policies while rejecting what they deem the regressive left agenda; "Identity Politics", "Censorship in College campuses","Trigger Warnings", "All whites are racist", "All men are sexist" and other bull# narratives .

Alt-Leftists despise SJWs/Regressive Leftists for their insanity denial of obvious facts and racist agenda

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
No idea why but...

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Just so I'm not projecting on you like these two are projecting on me, let me make sure I understand your position.

- Despite the immediate claims of hacking by the Qatari state news agency, you don't believe that they were hacked and the story was fake?

- You believe that it was a good idea for Trump to claim that he was responsible for one of our more important stategic partners in the ME being isolated by Saudi Arabia, etc.

- You don't find Saudi Arabia to be at the very least, as responsible for funding radicals as Saudi-effing-Arabia, the homeland of Wahhabism?

- You find it somehow unbelievable that Russians employ cyberwarfare as a means to their geopolitical ends?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Holy #, you were able to come up with all that based on my amazement that Russia hacked yet another country successfully?

You are miles ahead of my thinking, I'm still trying to figure out what the hell you are if you aren't an alt left SJW?

But I do have an idea:

edit on 6-6-2017 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Nucleardoom

*Yawn*

Ironically, Trump's mentor was McCarthy's self-loathing, media whoring, blame-every-one-else-and-never-admit-blame Witchfinder General.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

It's good for a laugh.

For OP's personal livelihood however he needs a new hobby. This obsession isn't healthy. You can see the depression and anger dripping off his posts. A shame. Should take up ultimate frisbee or something.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

So rude, so angry.

Proving my point. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

That's why I asked.

Holy #, you were able to come up with all that based on my amazement that Russia hacked yet another country successfully?

Why don't you tell us what your opinions are then?

* Do you believe the Qatari's when they say the article was a fake planted by hackers?

* Do you believe that the Russians engage in cyberwarfare?

* Were Trump's tweets a good idea given our strategic partnership with Qatar?

* Is Qatar more worthy of scorn than another strategic partner, Saudi Arabia, whom despite all his previous yammering, seem to have Trump's favor?

I'm still trying to figure out what the hell you are if you aren't an alt left SJW?

Why?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I'm enjoying this. It's pretty funny to watch all the people being triggered so much by the OP and not actually discussing the OP.
Keep it coming.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Rude? Sure, I can be definitely be rude. And? You're rude constantly but you're a hypocrite who pretends otherwise. Angry? Not at all.

Now that we've got that out of the way, would you like to discuss the topic in the OP? If you would be so kind, I'd like to know your answers to the questions I posed to ND.
edit on 2017-6-6 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join