It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Khuram Butt's uncle condemns London Bridge attack

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Khuram Butt's uncle condemns London Bridge attack

The uncle of one of the London Bridge attackers says he doesn't know why his nephew Khuram Butt killed innocent people. Family members say Khuram Butt only visited Pakistan twice. His uncle, Nasir Dar, spoke to the BBC's Secunder Kermani in Pakistan.

This probably won't get much attention because it's going against the status quo of Muslims are evil but this is the Uncle of one the recent terrorist attackers in London.

Can anyone honestly tell me that he is not being genuine ?

His tears are real, they're not crocodile tears this is a man, a Muslim man, related to the scum who murdered people the other day, who is condemning their acts.

I see genuine guilt for what his family member has done, he does not sound at all supportive of these terrorist acts, he says himself he sees us all as his brothers.

This is what a true Muslim is like, one who shows love to all, one who doesn't agree with killing innocents, one who I will respect even if I do not agree with their beliefs

I know there will be people who will say he's just putting it on for the camera and again I'll respect your view but I think with everything that's going on we need to show some hope, some positivity and disbelieving this man achieves nothing but adding more fuel to an already burning fire of hatred

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Sure he seems genuine, I don't think he is faking anything.
He seems like a confused old man that is overwhelmed that his nephew would do something as heinous as he did.
He probably has been grilled by the police under a hot lamp, and rightfully so and is probably a little shook up about it.
Not all Muslims are evil, but the good ones are going to have to deal with being a little put out until the extremists are flushed out of the civilized world.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Everyone condemns the act.

Except for apologists, extremists and ISIS.

Doesn't take away from the fact that we are at war.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

A lot also condemn Islam though and it's not Islam that is the problem, the guy in the video and a billion other million Muslim are proof that Islam isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Also I don't think there are any apologists, there are people rightfully defending Islam from the unnecessary hatred directed but I haven't seen anybody actually apologise for the heinous acts of terrorism or show sympathy for the terrorists themselves.

People seem to confuse defending Islam with defending the terrorists which are 2 totally different things
edit on 6/6/17 by Discotech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

It's nice to say.

It's easy to say.

Can you look at a person and "tell" what they think? Can you look at an innocent muslim and a jihadist and tell the difference?

In WWII, we didn't differentiate between Nazi's and Germans. Now we are.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Seems genuine to me.
Did he do anything to act earlier? His nephew was a known radical.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

A lot also condemn Islam though and it's not Islam that is the problem, the guy in the video and a billion other million Muslim are proof that Islam isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Lol.

The 2,478 Islamic terror attacks in 59 countries, killing 21,237 and injuring 26,680 in 2016 alone shows there's a problem within Islam.

Yeah, but the guy in the video...good for him. Still a massive problem with his "religion".
edit on 6-6-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Thats the problem with the situation... lot of folks were surprised by the arrest and confession of Ted Bundy... yet the clues were there.

For those of us not of the Faith, we have two realistic options... put our hopes and dreams in the people of the faith policing their own and willingly calling the police when things get hinky...

Or we profile the Stuffing out of people...

there is no middle ground, a lot of folks that normally would not care about who you worship are looking harder at Islam and we are starting to see people speaking out and assisting the authorities when they see trouble brewing and that is the right path for them to go down.

People need to remember the job of the Government is to protect all their citizens, so if one group seems to be dolling out a larger share of crazy than the other groups that group gets put under a microscope until the rest of the group seeks to purge the crazy.

Who they worship does not matter... back when radical christian groups were blowing up abortion clinics the Fed rightfully dropped the hammer on them in a big way... and the bombings slowly stopped. (and that was the right thing to do)

hope that made some sense.
edit on 6-6-2017 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Yeah because profiling works sooooooooooo well

Can you look at a person and instantly tell if they're Muslim, Jew, Sikh, Christian, Jehova, Buddhist, Agnostic or Atheist ?

If you can then you should be working for the CIA or some other agency they could really use your psychic abilities

What is your solution ? round up all the Muslims and send them back to the Middle East to the craters we've so kindly donated to them in place of their homes or just put them in internment camps so we can weed out who is radical and who is not ?

How we determine what is radical and what is not, where is the line between someone being extreme and not ?

Do we not both live in Societies where we are all supposedly innocent until proven guilty ?

Do you want to go down that slippery slope of changing our society to a guilty until proven innocent method ?

How does one disprove something they are not ? Or have not done ?

edit on 6/6/17 by Discotech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
The 2,478 Islamic terror attacks in 59 countries, killing 21,237 and injuring 26,680 in 2016 alone shows there's a problem within Islam.

The nations in South America which are mostly Catholic/Christian rank as the highest murders per capita in the world

In President Obama’s last year in office, the United States dropped 26,172 bombs in seven countries. This estimate is undoubtedly low, considering reliable data is only available for airstrikes in Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, and Libya, and a single "strike," according to the Pentagon’s definition, can involve multiple bombs or munitions. In 2016, the United States dropped 3,028 more bombs—and in one more country, Libya—than in 2015.

As you say....

LOL

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

My solution is simple.

Publically execute those involved with terrorism.

If they are guilty, execute them. Violently and quickly.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
This guy was on a documentary called the Jihadi next door. Why he wasn't arrested then and there baffles my mind. Either the police and MI5 have their hands tied by the powers that be or they are incompetent. There is no middle ground. I hate to agree with Katie Hopkins(shivers), but she is right. She has been investigated for hate speech, meanwhile terrorists roam free.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

My solution is simple.

Publically execute those involved with terrorism.

If they are guilty, execute them. Violently and quickly.

If only the liberals would allow it. One can dream though...

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Why stop at terrorism ?

Why not execute thieves ?
Why not execute murderers ?
Why not execute liberals ?

You want to go down a very dark, dangerous and slippery slope and take us away from civilisation to an era where if you were called a witch you either drowned or survived and were then burned at the stake.

Do you really want us to revert backwards ?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I see nothing wrong with executing terrorists.

You want so save them.

Rock on!

I simply gave my opinion. You asked, I provided.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I work in an area were I see a lot of tears coming from people that are being interviewed after a horrible crime has been committed. The tears are all genuine. Unfortunately, all those shedding those tears are not innocent.

I am only responding to your question about the tears. I will not participate in your campaign in painting all non-supporters of Islam with the same brush.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Did we (officially) execute prisoners of war during ww2 ?

I want to save our humanity, if we start murdering them we become as bad as they are and lose any moral high ground we try to claim

I guess it's different in America though where the death penalty is still an acceptable method to deal with criminals

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

It's funny that you actually think I support Islam

I support being innocent until proven guilty

I'd be saying the same no matter the religion because Islam has absolutely nothing to do with it

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
So, this uncle saw his nephew changing after these visits from Pakistan. Maybe he should have questioned him further, talked to him about what had changed, and what may have caused these changes.

He did nothing. People died.

I think his tears are sincere, but like most muslims, he ignored the warning signs. I'm sure it's tough to alert authorities that one of your relatives has started acting a bit on the radical side, but that's what it is going to take.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

It's funny that you actually think I support Islam I support being innocent until proven guilty I'd be saying the same no matter the religion because Islam has absolutely nothing to do with it

I don't know why you think it strange that I would come that the conclusion, when all I have seen in the majority of your post, is a feverish support of Islam, even to the point of condemning other religions in support of Islam.

The nations in South America which are mostly Catholic/Christian rank as the highest murders per capita in the world.

This doesn't sound much like a person that views all religions equally.

edit on 6-6-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join