It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Went to a local mosque and this is what I overheard being taught to young Muslims

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: 23432

Not really, I have observed some shocking behaviour in the UK, and I really don't compare islam with christianity, that always seems to be the go to answer whenever criticism is leveled at islam..oh but the christians..yes, yes, yes, whatever.

I just believe that in 2017 perhaps we shouldn't still be observing the same rules and traditions of the 6th century, be it from a christian or islamic perspective, and instead move with the times.

On a side note, I see that the Scottish episcopalian church have just voted in favour of carrying out same sex marriage, so there's an example of religion moving with the times, as it should imo

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: destination now

Not really, I have observed some shocking behaviour in the UK, and I really don't compare islam with christianity, that always seems to be the go to answer whenever criticism is leveled at islam..oh but the christians..yes, yes, yes, whatever.

I just believe that in 2017 perhaps we shouldn't still be observing the same rules and traditions of the 6th century, be it from a christian or islamic perspective, and instead move with the times.

On a side note, I see that the Scottish episcopalian church have just voted in favour of carrying out same sex marriage, so there's an example of religion moving with the times, as it should imo

Muslims believe that the word of God is beyond critism ; that is for sure .

The reason is obvious ; God doesn't make mistakes , comes with the packet of being God I suppose .

6th Century rule says Women are as good as Men and even more important than Men in the Creation .

I am OK with this rule .

As for Church and gay marriage ; it is actually not Theological issue at heart but an equality issue .

I think what is happening is normal and expected ; I live in multi culti society which has been this way for 500 years while this situation is new to you and people like you therefore it is normal to react the way you do .

Unless expelled or genocided , the British muslims are here to stay and they are part of UK's future .

Most muslims I know are tax paying law abiding doctors , teachers , shop keepers , drivers , hairdressers etc. etc ; I personally think the British Culture is capaable of producing it's own solution to this problem of being seen to be overwhelmed by islam & muslims .

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: LungFuMoShi
In fact, I honestly don't know any devoutly religious people, at all.

I just realised that.

None, I knew a few casual Christians, by that I mean the type that like Christmas, Easter, have communions, etc. Mostly everything I know about religion was from school where they made us attend mass.

My parents sent me to a Catholic school because they were sent to a Catholic school by their non-religions parents who simply sent them to a Catholic school because their parents...ah, you get the idea.

I put it to you that the UK, for one, has been pretty much majority unwitting atheist for years. Atheists by their actions, the lives they live. We certainly don't have a monopoly on morals, either. So what gives? No genocide!

It's a funny old world, eh. I actually just realised I don't know anyone who goes to mass, and I have a large family, good job and reasonably active social life.

that's another thing, religion takes up too much school time for kids, they ought to be teaching them more usefull stuff instead of filling their heads with mumbo jumbo. Perpetuating that fear of god that we feel the need to hand down from generation to generation because we lack a natural moral compass by which we can measure the merits of our behaviour.

Why the lack of Genocide in UK ?

I think the 1st and 2nd wars have taken it's toll on our people for century or two .

Besides Atheists are not in power in UK ; Zionists are/were .

When you visit an Amazon/African tribe who has never seen our kind yet they worship God(s) ; than you know you are witnessing a natural Human trait .

I believe that everyone has 2 wolves inside them ; one bad , one good .

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: 23432

In fact, I honestly don't know any devoutly religious people, at all.

I just realised that.

None, I knew a few casual Christians, by that I mean the type that like Christmas, Easter, have communions, etc. Mostly everything I know about religion was from school where they made us attend mass.

My parents sent me to a Catholic school because they were sent to a Catholic school by their non-religions parents who simply sent them to a Catholic school because their parents...ah, you get the idea.

I put it to you that the UK, for one, has been pretty much majority unwitting atheist for years. Atheists by their actions, the lives they live. We certainly don't have a monopoly on morals, either. So what gives? No genocide!

It's a funny old world, eh. I actually just realised I don't know anyone who goes to mass, and I have a large family, good job and reasonably active social life.

that's another thing, religion takes up too much school time for kids, they ought to be teaching them more usefull stuff instead of filling their heads with mumbo jumbo. Perpetuating that fear of god that we feel the need to hand down from generation to generation because we lack a natural moral compass by which we can measure the merits of our behaviour.

Why the lack of Genocide in UK ?

I think the 1st and 2nd wars have taken it's toll on our people for century or two .

Besides Atheists are not in power in UK ; Zionists are/were .

When you visit an Amazon/African tribe who has never seen our kind yet they worship God(s) ; than you know you are witnessing a natural Human trait .

I believe that everyone has 2 wolves inside them ; one bad , one good .

I see, and do the individual members of these tribes worship their own idea of their god? I bet they all worship the same god, who takes the same form...not the same form as a god worshipped by a tribe on the other side of the world. One will probably have the head of an owl, or something...while the other the body of a snake.

Not that this makes a difference, obviously...that would be absurd! It's only natural that people on one side of the world will be born with a natural notionof a snake bodied god...they just came up with it without being baited or indoctrinated, whatsoever. Just fell out of the womb with an insatiable desire to worship the snake-bodied deity.

And it stands to reason that the other tribe on the other side of the world have a natrual notion of an owl headed god, again...there was no prompting or brainwashing, they fell out of the womb with this natural idea of an owl-headed god.

And naturally, both sides are right...because, get out of jail free card, god can take on any form.

Phew! Like I said, it's all rather abstract.

My relationship with god started off as non-existant, I was then told as I grew older about the god I am supposed to believe in, how to worship him and so on. It wasn't natural to me at all, it was an adjustment. I had to adjust to a bizarre concept that didn't make any sense.
edit on 10-6-2017 by LungFuMoShi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Don't think about it? Good advice...just believe what you're told to.

Don't question it...don't make a sceeene!

No worries, mate.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

No worries, mate.

Dear me , that's what you got from those memes ?

It means " think " but not to an extent that your mind will be so confused where it creates problem that is not there .

Do you think you would " ever " understand the purpose and complexities of Life ?

Even if you thought all your life , you'd be no where near to understanding indeed.

The more you learn the more you realise how little you know .

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

No worries, mate.

It means " think " but not to an extent that your mind will be so confused where it creates problem that is not there .

Do you think you would " ever " understand the purpose and complexities of Life ?

Even if you thought all your life , you'd be no where near to understanding indeed.

No, it's you that doesn't understand.

My mind isn't creating any problem, the problem exists. Nice try, though.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

No worries, mate.

What is the problem , in a few words if you can , please ?

For example is this a problem too ?

This ATS is a " conspiracy " web site after all.
edit on 10-6-2017 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

No worries, mate.

What is the problem , in a few word if you can , please ?

I think it has been made pretty clear what I believe the problem is...I actually couldn't have put it any clearer than I already have.

So much for not being able to understand. I particularly like how you implied in an earlier post that I was somehow too primitive minded to understand humanity to the same degree as you, yet you believe that what I've said over several posts can be condensed into something more digestible for you...I expected more from someone who obviously thinks highly of themselves.

Why bring irrelevant facts into it? Can you not convey your opinion without resorting to posting memes? Why are all of your arguments supported by irrelevant memes?

You spent the last few posts arguing in favour of brainwashing with religious nonsense, trying to pretend like it's "natural" to us as humans. When I pointed out that it's actually not, that it's perpetuated by us, you then go on to use some irrelevant facts that, whether true or not, are commonly taught as if I had cited those facts as some divine truth.

All smoke and mirrors but you've brought nothing more meaningful than I or anyone else, you seem to have put yourself on a pedestal, though. Nice of you to assume on my part, what I have been taught and what I believe...exactly what I'd expect from someone who passionately defends the notion of a magic creator, sky man who is all powerful, etc, etc.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

No worries, mate.

I think it has been made pretty clear what I believe the problem is...I actually couldn't have put it any clearer than I already have.

So much for not being able to understand. I particularly like how you implied in an earlier post that I was somehow too primitive minded to understand humanity to the same degree as you, yet you believe that what I've said over several posts can be condensed into something more digestible for you...I expected more from someone who obviously thinks highly of themselves.

Why bring irrelevant facts into it? Can you not convey your opinion without resorting to posting memes? Why are all of your arguments supported by irrelevant memes?

You spent the last few posts arguing in favour of brainwashing with religious nonsense, trying to pretend like it's "natural" to us as humans. When I pointed out that it's actually not, that it's perpetuated by us, you then go on to use some irrelevant facts that, whether true or not, are commonly taught as if I had cited those facts as some divine truth.

All smoke and mirrors but you've brought nothing more meaningful than I or anyone else, you seem to have put yourself on a pedestal, though. Nice of you to assume on my part, what I have been taught and what I believe...exactly what I'd expect from someone who passionately defends the notion of a magic creator, sky man who is all powerful, etc, etc.

You don't like religion that is obvious and you talk as if you are ignorant of the crimes of non religious tyrants .

You are basicly blaming Humans for Human's problems , that is what I got from your posts above all .

Nihilistic & Materialistic approach that you have taken in this conversation reveals a lot about the way your mind works .

You don't actually believe that there is Satan @ work .

I use memes because this thing you and I do here is about Communication and Humans get their information mostly Visually .

I have been frank and courteous with you while conducting this debate and have tried to show you the futility of blaming religion for ills of humanity .

I am bothered to type all this because most people here on this thread seems to believe in a non existent threat to their lives .

I personally think that most people in the West have been exposed the Dehumanising process of Muslims by the hands of those who actually oppress the Western people .

Anyhow , each to his/her own .

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

No worries, mate.

You don't like religion that is obvious and you talk as if you are ignorant of the crimes of non religious tyrants .

You are basicly blaming Humans for Human's problems , that is what I got from your posts above all .

Nihilistic & Materialistic approach that you have taken in this conversation reveals a lot about the way your mind works .

You don't actually believe that there is Satan @ work .

I use memes because this thing you and I do here is about Communication and Humans get their information mostly Visually .

I have been frank and courteous with you while conducting this debate and have tried to show you the futility of blaming religion for ills of humanity .

I am bothered to type all this because most people here on this thread seems to believe in a non existent threat to their lives .

I personally think that most people in the West have been exposed the Dehumanising process of Muslims by the hands of those who actually oppress the Western people .

Anyhow , each to his/her own .

No, I don't believe there's a Satan at work, do you?

Either it's humans being humans doing evil things or it's humans under the influence of Satan doing evil things.

Again, I'm not ignorant of the crimes of non-religious tyrants at all, I just don't think there is sufficient, if any, evidence to support the idea that they were tyrants because of their lack of religion. It's you that's making that assumption, and we've been here...

You can't use that in defence of religion, because religious people have commited such acts, also. It's irrelevant. It's really just going 'round in circles, because you continue to revisit the same meaningless arguments.

For someone who lectures others on their potential to understand life you sure do have a short attention span...sorry I can't condense everything into a single, manageable sentence for you but you expect too much of me, this is a complex issue.

you should have been paying attention, earlier...that way you won't continue to waste your time by throwing the same tired, pointless arguments around. Communism != atheism. Atheism doesn't necessarily result in genocide, or any other atrocity.

There are a lot of atheists out there who live moral lives and are good people.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Religion != violence. Religion doesn't necessarily result in genocide, or any other atrocity.

There are a lot of religious people out there who live moral lives and are good people.

See how easy that was ?

You are advocating a better world without religion because there are individuals who are atheists and live moral lives .
You don't seem to believe anything non material such as Satan , Karma , Force etc etc.

A nihilistic utopian or a utopic nihilist ; either case you seem to ossillate a lot .

You don't have a workable solution for Humanities problems ; you have an unproven proposal at your disposal at it's best .

Religions have more ammunition than Nietzsche or Plato .

edit on 10-6-2017 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

It's the perversion of the centuries old principles contained within the religion by fundamentalist bawbags with there own agenda at play that's the problem.

Same could be said regarding all organised religious practice throughout recorded history.

According to some retards, God not happy with the implication of omnipotence, is always going to want our monies, and may from time to time, require his loyal worshippers to kill indiscriminately in his name for whatever implied slur or reason that comes to hand.

Fact of the matter is that people kill people, God, Allah or what ever other anthropomorphised deity has nothing to do with the matter.

Well said, that's what I try to explain to people... it's like guns don't kill people, people kill people

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   
You lying muslim, while it's your holy month you still have the audacity to come here and preach.

I've read your book from last to first page and it's full of stories how to lie and decieve non muslims.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   
No..I never claimed religion == genocide, show me where I said that.

You've spent the latter part of this thread asserting atheism does equal genocide, which simply isn't true. Are you seriously trying to argue that nobody has acted violently directly because of religion?

So religion has never incited hatred or violence in anyone, but atheism has?

Seems to me you're being willfully ignorant. Arguing with you about this is pointless because your judgement appears to be clouded, somewhat.

You're the most perfect example of this. The denial, the determination to justify what is complete nonsense at best, mental illness at worst....belieing in a magic creator, no matter what, is pretty vile.

It's not me you need to argue with, it won't get anyone anywhere. You need to argue with yourself...you need to consider your position honestly, without bias. You need to learn how to be truthful to yourself first before you embark on some debate with anyone else. If you can't be honest with yourself then what's the point?

Yo've spent the latter part of this thread being disingenuous...sorry, but there's no organised school of atheism that preaches the same level of ritualised dogma that directly results in violence or murder...and you know it. Learn to stop being dishonest, then cme back to me.
edit on 11-6-2017 by LungFuMoShi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Exitt
You lying muslim, while it's your holy month you still have the audacity to come here and preach.

I've read your book from last to first page and it's full of stories how to lie and decieve non muslims.

Not just muslims, most religious people are liars...the lie begins when they initially pretend they believein god and it snowballs from there.

The last couple of pages and the responsses by 23432 are a great example of the mental gymnastics they employ to justify their right to practise primitive rituals and harbour idiotic beliefs. They then spend their time trying to justify it and convince themselves that there's nothing wrong with what is essentially, mental illness.

A belief in magic. Calling it retarded is an insult to retards.

Biggest majority of the people who purport to be religious are liars. They cherrypick certain aspects of their chosen faith, the bits they like.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   
And just to add...I'm not advocating a world free of religion because there are atheits out there who live moral lives, I did make that point but it's not the meat and bones of my position and again you've been shown to be disingenuous, and twist the facts to suit your narrative.

Im advocating a world without religion because there are religious nutters out there who are openly commiting acts of violence in the name of their chosen magic sky man. The implied benefits of these prehistoric beliefs simply pale in comparison to the negative aspects...this has been true for centuries. If dangerous mumbo jumbo causes one in 1,000 people to go insane and murder a bunch of people than I don't think it's worth passing that mumbo jumbo down from generation to generation, particularly as it doesn't do much good for the remaining 999 people who didn't go mental on it.

Like the pricks who attacked London a week ago...presumably that doesn't count, no? Did they not scream "this is for Allah?". Do they not believe in a prophet who personally beheaded his enemies? Exactly how open does it ned to be before your lying, apologist mind can acknoledge and admit the reality of it?

You've been cought out several times, now. Telling me what my position is...no, you don't tell me. I tell you.

Again, nice try in attempting to fool me into buying into your narrative...how many times does that sort of tactic have to fail before you realise just how twisted you actually are?

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

Fact of the matter is that killing one another is in our nature, after all we are an apex predator in direct competition with other predators, hence the Human race aspect of our nature.

Organised religious practice has simply been subverted throughout recorded history to serve the purpose of mind control, perverted morality, and war.

In the name of God/Gods who at best are nothing more than absentee parents and at worst genocidal megalomaniacs with schizophrenic tendencies at play.

Humanity requires a paradigm shift the likes of which we have yet to experience to belay the imminent destruction of a significant percentage of our race regarding the next century.

One would have imagined the information age in which we live would enable such a paradigm shift to occur allowing us to move forward as a species thus address the real issues we face, but said paradigm shift remains to be seen.

edit on 11-6-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Come on, you know that Taqiyya is regularly employed any time there is an advantage to a muslim or to islam. Because jihad is perpetual.
Always wanting to blame the wahabis. is misdirection. The shia are as much a threat as sunni.
Bottom line ,all of islam is the problem. It is an ancient system of bedouin and arabic tribal law and culture co opted and enhanced by the charlatan mohamad for his personal gain. Very interesting how anytime anyone criticize islam suddenly they all revert to meccan philosophy and its supposed peacefulness, but in actuality and practice it is the medinan phiosphy that is believed and followed. This duality gives cover to jihad. Anyone with any doubt can clarify that based on all 4 schools of islamic juriprudence that abrogation is the law. According to all four recognised schools of Sunni jurisprudence, war against the infidel goes on in perpetuity, until "all chaos ceases, and all religion belongs to Allah" (Quran 8:39). According to the definitive Encyclopaedia of Islam (Brill Online edition): "The duty of the jihad exists as long as the universal domination of Islam has not been attained. Peace with non-Muslim nations is, therefore, a provisional state of affairs only; the chance of circumstances alone can justify it temporarily

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join