It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While You Obsessed Over Russia, Trump has Fundamentally Changed The Country

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This is an article from Uber liberal Sam Stein at the Huffington Post.

I don't know why Republicans in Washington are falling for the Trump Twitter Lie. It says Trump can't get anything done because of Twitter. Sam Stein the Liberal disagrees with this.

The truth is, Trump is getting a lot done that he promised from the Dakota Pipeline to VA reform with very little debate in the media. The media spends 55 minutes talking about Russia and hour so how can any other news get covered?

While You Obsessed Over Trump’s Scandals, He’s Fundamentally Changed The Country

This is a defining feature of the Trump administration: While scandal and squabble, palace intrigue and provocative tweets suck much of the oxygen out of the room ― and leave the impression of mass government disfunction ― a wide array of fundamentally Trump-minded reform is taking place.

“All of this smoke is missing the steady progress that the modern Republican Party is achieving,” said Grover Norquist, the longtime anti-tax advocate. “The idea that Trump isn’t getting anywhere is wrong. Those free market guys are picking up maybe not all the marbles in the world, but a large quantity of them. And we haven’t thrown away any marbles.”

www.huffingtonpost.com...

The liberal media has TRUMP DERANGEMENT SYNDROME!

Sometimes I think Trump likes this. He knows he can take 5 minutes to post a few tweets and the media will be tied up in knots for 3 days while he does 5 things that get very little debate in the media.

STAY ON TWITTER TRUMP!
edit on 6-6-2017 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
So, Trump is a TROLL?

And we should be PROUD of this fact? Hm....

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
So, Trump is a TROLL?

Yep, the MSM and the Democrat party have trolled the American people for years with fake and overhyped news stories.

I'm glad Trump has them running around in circles as long as he's getting things done!

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
So the Russia conflict could just be a carrot dangling on a string.

+17 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

So, Trump is a TROLL?

Had you been paying attention, you'd know those of us who support him have been saying "he's trolling you" for well over a year. It's something pretty much every POTUS has done www.slate.com... just none of them have been so damn good at it as Trump has proven himself to be.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
With Mr. Trumps obvious success as POTUS, I fully expect a CNN fake news report of protesting Russian women the he supposedly grabbed their private parts.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I think President Trump likes the media and the Democrats being distracted, while he makes America even greater.

People are receiving their 1st Quarter 401K statements. Looking GOOD!

What happens in the millions of homes across this country is what drives America. Not the Comey-Russia-Trump Soap Opera.

Democrats are so obsessed, that they're not even attending to their own business of WINNING some elections, for a change.

The BIGGEST obstruction for President Trump is not the Democrats, or Liberal Media, it's THE REPUBLICANS. How ironically sad that is!
edit on 6/6/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

I think the big-ticket items (taxes and Obamacare) will be done closer to the 2018 election, so that'll be big news, positive news.

People are going to vote for whomever made their lives a little easier.

Trump will probably win easily.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Mr.AlwaysAFewStepsAhead

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

On regulatory policy, Trump’s impact has far outpaced the coverage it’s often received. He’s made it harder for workers to set up retirement accounts and has delayed the implementation of workplace safety rules. He repealed a regulation protecting workers from wage theft and allowed employers with spotty labor records to get government contracts. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration has hit the brakes on a rule that would require firms to report worker injury data online. Trump has given coal companies permission to dump debris into local streams and canceled requirements for reporting methane emissions. Both the Dakota Access and Keystone pipelines have been allowed to proceed, and coal companies have been allowed to again lease on public lands.

Elsewhere, Trump has made moves that will fundamentally alter the way our economy operates and individuals live their lives. His appointment of Ajit Pai to head the Federal Communications Commission is one of them. Pai is poised to dismantle net neutrality rules, moving away from treating online content as a public utility and toward a system that allows cable and telecom industry interests to control content and traffic. “That appointment,” Norquist said, “is [determining] 16 percent of the economy.”

Much attention has focused on the way the courts and Congress have stymied Trump’s immigration policy. But even absent a travel ban or a border wall, he has dramatically altered the government’s approach. Deportations of undocumented immigrants have grown steadily under Trump’s watch, especially among noncriminals.

Is all of that true?

And is there a counter-balance sheet Huffington Puffington's Bias Post isn't acknowledging?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
All Stein is doing is pointing to the things that have been done non-legislatively because the legislative agenda has been largely a bust.

He pulled out of the Paris agreement is one of the examples. Great. Others are in terms of regulations:

On regulatory policy, Trump’s impact has far outpaced the coverage it’s often received. He’s made it harder for workers to set up retirement accounts and has delayed the implementation of workplace safety rules. He repealed a regulation protecting workers from wage theft and allowed employers with spotty labor records to get government contracts. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration has hit the brakes on a rule that would require firms to report worker injury data online. Trump has given coal companies permission to dump debris into local streams and canceled requirements for reporting methane emissions. Both the Dakota Access and Keystone pipelines have been allowed to proceed, and coal companies have been allowed to again lease on public lands.

That's the stuff that Norquist is excited about. The fact is, some of these were on the chopping block if any GOP candidate won and I'm going to bet that the lot of you applauded Trump's "successes" aren't actually all that up on most if any of them. But the flock sees a HuffPost writer warning that Trump is doing exactly what the right-wing establishment wants and the would be "anti-establishment" fanboys and girls get all excited.

What I see is a president whose only "successes" aren't championing the cause of the average American but rather fulfilling the desires of the supply-side-failnomics-pushing establishment some of you have convinced yourselves he stands against.
edit on 2017-6-6 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

edit on 2017-6-6 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

So, Trump is a TROLL?

Yep, the MSM and the Democrat party have trolled the American people for years with fake and overhyped news stories.

I'm glad Trump has them running around in circles as long as he's getting things done!

Yes he is doing just like he planned. Screwing over the middle class and poor so the wealthy can get what they want. He has done nothing to help America as a whole only the same small group that Obama, Bush and Clinton prostituted themselves out to. Show one thing he has done that helps America like you claim.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

When I see a partisan bias source, well at least in the old pre-pure fake tabloid news as the norm days, you generally expect to see them bring up inconvenient truths about the opposition; not give them credit where its due; over-hype the negative to some certain degree; and absolutely not show / admit to their sides flaws.

But you still generally have to turn to them to hear what you need to know about is going on.

With Bush it was easy, as far as TV news goes it was lonely Fox up there defending / deflecting for him like little Goebbels.

Then when it switched to Obama well, um, yeah.

Now it's switched back again, and instead of talk about 'real' stuff the MSM is more obsessed with pure tabloid than 'actual' 'news'.

It'd be interesting to see how Fox has been holding up in terms of 'Tabloid Bias', covering stuff like HuffPo is highlighting, not covering tabloid stuff like HuffPo is criticizing, and then compared to the other stations whom all drip with liberal bias, as times have changed for my old 'how to watch the news' concept up above, from a decade ago.

Note that Fox is forever my enemy.
edit on 6-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I'm personally sick of his childish drama. I'm hardly even curious about his antics anymore. DD,SOS.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
All Stein is doing is pointing to the things that have been done non-legislatively because the legislative agenda has been largely a bus.

I agree. Trump's agenda has absolutely been moving with the speed and force of a bus. The Trump Express is on the road and going wonderful places!

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
He's changed it for sure. Like, brag about how Australia has a good healthcare system then want to feed his own a crap sandwich. That is lowest behavior I have ever seen in a president. Rub it in our faces.
edit on 6-6-2017 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: neoholographic

So, Trump is a TROLL?

Yes he is doing just like he planned. Screwing over the middle class and poor so the wealthy can get what they want. He has done nothing to help America as a whole only the same small group that Obama, Bush and Clinton prostituted themselves out to. Show one thing he has done that helps America like you claim.

Look, if you weren't ready to blindy Trump bash at every corner, you could actually read some of the things he's done.

Dakota and XL pipeline.

Look at these headlines on Construction:

Job growth 'rip-roaring' in May on boom in construction

Atlanta sees increase in construction employment demand

Construction employment increases nationally and in Idaho

Construction employment increases on year-over-year basis

Illegal Immigration decreased!

Illegal immigration down 40% on southern US border

Illegal Border Crossings Appear to Drop Under Trump

Illegal immigration down 67 percent under Donald Trump

President Trump has signed 13 Congressional Review Act (CRA) resolutions in his first 100 days, more than any other President. These resolutions nullified unnecessary regulations and block agencies from reissuing them.

Since CRA resolutions were introduced under President Clinton, they’ve been used only once, under President George W. Bush.

The Wall Street Journal editorial: “So far the Trump Administration is a welcome improvement, rolling back more regulations than any President in history.”

President Trump will have signed 30 executive orders during his first 100 days.

President Trump has worked with Congress to enact 28 laws during the first 100 days of his Administration.

www.whitehouse.gov...

President Trump got us out of that horrible Paris Climate Deal!

So while the liberal media spends an entire 2 days analyzing what Covfefe means President Trump is getting things done.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Lmao. I fixed the typo but well played.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Fundamentally changed the country?? That's funny, as far as I can tell everything is pretty much like it has been.
Unless he thinks some twitter posts are the same as "fundamentally changing the country".

I'm sure a couple things have changed, but as far as my life goes, same # different day.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

Yes, you fundamentally change the Country from a Progessive, Liberal hell hole when you:

Reduce illegal immigration over 70%

Restart Dakota and XXL pipelines

Reverse excessive Obama regulations

Pull us out of the Paris Agreement

Stop TPP

Increase instruction jobs

Help Coal Miner's

Make it easier for the Medical Records to follow them for life

Start to modernize air traffic control

Open up the China Market to U.S. Beef producers

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join