It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do NOT reply to this post!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Okay, I'll admit it: I was afraid to reply to this thread, because... who knows?

Sometimes nothing happens, and sometimes people fall off the edge of the world and are eaten by dragons.

Is it really worth taking the chance? Think of the children!

*cough*

But yeah, as previously mentioned, it's to (ideally) keep PSAs (Public Service Announcements) from driving threads off topic. That's especially important when the PSA's purpose is to remind people to stay on topic, lest an irony singularity result.

What happens in each case is usually up to the mod in question, because different circumstances call for different responses. The consequences range from nothing, to having the reply removed as off-topic, to DEATH!!!

Okay, maybe not death.

Often.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
a reply to: ArMaP

You don't happen to know what I said do you ?

I know, but to me, all political posts look the same.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
When you reply to a post that we say not to reply to, it activates a hidden virus we installed when you joined and turns your computer into an IED.

Either that, or we put the message there so we wouldn't have to action a whole mess of posts, and replying would defeat the purpose. Believe it or not, we really don't like actioning posts.

Of course, you can always just send a message instead. I for one accepted the job because I love ATS, and I enjoy helping members out. I think that goes for all the staff... even Zaphod (when he isn't going taser-happy).

As to previous members, I will say this: you catch a whole lot more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. Buzz-buzz-buzz.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Majic
Okay, maybe not death.

This place gets less and less fun...

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

When you reply to a post that we say not to reply to, it activates a hidden virus we installed when you joined and turns your computer into an IED.

I can vouch for the above post as being truthful and accurate.
As this information was contained in classified documents stolen by the
Russians and disseminated by Wikileaks and published by the Intercept.

edit on 6-6-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I once replied to a post.

Once.

You know that's not rain falling ... right?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

This shouldn't have to be said......

Never put a sock in a toaster

Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

Community Announcement re: Decorum
We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: Discotech
a reply to: intrptr

I've never had a post removed (I think) maybe a mod can correct me, I follow the rules very closely on the edge at times but enough to not get told off.

But every time I see that Mod comment, I really want to ask "why" not because I'm curious what will happen, but because of the rebel inside me

Woooh, you never had a post removed. You definitely are living in a box. I suppose this post will be removed shortly.

Bahahaha! I rarely ever have a post removed. I think there were a few and when I did have one removed I was like...

But your avatar has cute ears, who could remove a post from someone who can hear a whisper?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Pfft, those in the know know what happens when you reply to a Do Not Reply mod post.

They send their Shadow People henchmen to steal your soul & arrange for the Greys to come get your for probing purposes afterward. Not worth it man, replying to a DNR post. Not even once.

I knew a guy who knew a guy that did that!

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
a reply to: Discotech

I'm afraid not.

The reason for why someone gets banned is between staff and that user. It's a privacy thing.

Sometimes we have banned members come back, and we don't want the onus of why they were banned in the first place to hang over their heads by all the other users knowing.

Basically follow the ATS Terms and Conditions and you should be golden.

Don't post copyrighted material without sourcing and giving credit.
Don't call each other really bad names (even in the Mud Pit, personal insults are a no-no. Political insults are accepted...but ONLY there).
Don't politically troll outside of the PMP
Cooperate with staff.
Don't get ugly with staff....we just don't have the time and energy for it.

Don't get mad. Seriously.....remember that everything here is just pixels on a screen.
If you do get mad: TAKE A BREAK. LOG OFF. GO GET SOME COOKIES....anything to help you calm down.

Remember: You don't need to hit that reply button right away. THINK about what you are about to post.

Hoaxing: we all get fooled from time to time. That's okay. However: trying to fool people on the other hand is never a good idea on here....THAT will get you in trouble.

No recruiting: Be careful about trying to recruit people for anything....that includes petitions.

No drunk posting: seriously.....you might wake up the next day regretting it.

Pretty much just common sense.

Tell me about it.

Last time was 3 yrs before I got back in.

edit on 6 7 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

I'm afraid not.

The reason for why someone gets banned is between staff and that user. It's a privacy thing.

Sometimes we have banned members come back, and we don't want the onus of why they were banned in the first place to hang over their heads by all the other users knowing.

Don't call each other really bad names (even in the Mud Pit, personal insults are a no-no. Political insults are accepted...but ONLY there).
Cooperate with staff.

Don't get mad. Seriously.....remember that everything here is just pixels on a screen.
If you do get mad: TAKE A BREAK. LOG OFF. GO GET SOME COOKIES....anything to help you calm down.

Remember: You don't need to hit that reply button right away. THINK about what you are about to post.

Hoaxing: we all get fooled from time to time. That's okay. However: trying to fool people on the other hand is never a good idea on here....THAT will get you in trouble.

No recruiting: Be careful about trying to recruit people for anything....that includes petitions.

Tell me about it.

Don't drink, it's bad for your health.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

I'm afraid not.

Cooperate with staff.

Tell me about it.

Don't drink, it's bad for your health.

I know all too well.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join