It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq signals split from the US towards Russia and Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Today the PM stated that they will not tolerate the interference from US backed SDF and they are going ahead with capturing the Syria Iraq border in collaboration with Putin's puppet Assad. For many years the US has cultivated the Shia of Iraq, toppling Saddam and restoring Shia rights and placing Shia into power in Iraq, giving them military hardware like F-16 jets and M1 tanks. Iraq borders the most powerful Shia state Iran. Iran is cahoots with Russia. Recently Iraq got military hardware from Russia, like Mi-28 and Mi-35 helicopters. Whatever the US can supply to Iraq, so can Russia, which is very technologically advanced.

twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

The ME is a waste of time. Arabs have been fighting each other for centuries.

Besides, all our military spending did nothing to prevent 9/11. I doubt all the bombs we drop in the ME are going to make any difference either.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

It makes more sense for them to get Russian equipment. They used it for decades, and are used to it. It doesn't have the maintenance learning curve that US equipment has. They're having problems with the A-29s as they learn, and when they start getting Black Hawks they're going to have more problems.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Russia is allied to both Syria and Iran. No need for puppeteering or cahooting. If they can form an alliance with Iraq then so much the better.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Alert to IRAQ.... re-stash any gold you have left in a place where the USA can't rehypothcate the gold bullion...

i'm sure that in the Gold Vault you might find those lost WMDs have replaced that small bullion hoard you once had there

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I suppose it was only a matter of time. The leaders of Iraq have wised up in the recognition of a common enemy.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
See THIS is why you do not rebuild a country you beat. All those american lives lost to try and help a people who do not even care as long as they themselves do not have to get their hands dirty. They deserved to be ruled by a dictator who abused them,mistreated them,killed them,raped them and stole and oppressed them. Apparently they were all masochist and enjoyed it.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

The ME is a waste of time. Arabs have been fighting each other for centuries.

Besides, all our military spending did nothing to prevent 9/11. I doubt all the bombs we drop in the ME are going to make any difference either.

Indeed it was, as long as America remains in an alliance with the European that keep interfering in ME. It is forever a problem. America used to stay out of this sort of thing an allied people against Brits or other European nations. Now it is directly opposite.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen
I suppose it was only a matter of time. The leaders of Iraq have wised up in the recognition of a common enemy.

Iraq & Syria have common experiences, so why shouldn't they be friends?

Iraq was invaded (the first time) so that Kuwait could keep stealing Iraqi oil. (Kuwait was using "slant drilling" to pump oil from underneath Iraqi territory.) After Iraq got fed up with this and invaded Kuwait, the Kuwaiti royal family convinced America/Bush Sr. to invade over (mostly fictional) atrocities committed against the Kuwaiti people. (There were real atrocities committed against the Kurds, but nobody cared about those.)

Syria had civil war formented because they wouldn't let Qatar run a natural gas pipeline thru their country. (They wanted Iran to run its pipeline thru their country instead.) Qatar (and probably Saudi Arabia) convinced America/Obama to fund and arm rebel & Islamist groups in hopes of installing a Gulf-friendly puppet regime.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: Mousygretchen

Iraq & Syria have common experiences, so why shouldn't they be friends?

Iraq was invaded (the first time) so that Kuwait could keep stealing Iraqi oil. (Kuwait was using "slant drilling" to pump oil from underneath Iraqi territory.) After Iraq got fed up with this and invaded Kuwait, the Kuwaiti royal family convinced America/Bush Sr. to invade over (mostly fictional) atrocities committed against the Kuwaiti people. (There were real atrocities committed against the Kurds, but nobody cared about those.)

Syria had civil war formented because they wouldn't let Qatar run a natural gas pipeline thru their country. (They wanted Iran to run its pipeline thru their country instead.) Qatar (and probably Saudi Arabia) convinced America/Obama to fund and arm rebel & Islamist groups in hopes of installing a Gulf-friendly puppet regime.

Ummm you got it wrong it was the Iraqis using slant drilling.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
The British, Frencha and Germans are supporting ISIS in Mosul against the regular Iraqi army, by publishing manufactured videos in Der Speigel, filmed by Hollywood experts and using the fake name Ali Arkady for this psy op.

This way the British are trying to discredit the efforts of the Iraqi Army to liberate Mosul from EU sponsored ISIS terrorists.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
Ummm you got it wrong it was the Iraqis using slant drilling.

No I didn't. When the war happened back in 1991, I distinctly remember hearing that Iraq's primary grievance was Kuwaiti slant drilling. Just now, I Googled "slant drilling kuwait", and this is the very first hit I got: A New York Times article from 1997:

Also, there is evidence that Kuwait was engaged in slant-drilling of Iraqi oil, under the border. As one oil executive put it, slant-drilling is enough to get you shot in Texas or Oklahoma.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Invading Kuwait was a attempt to retake a former peice of Iraq actually.

[The Iraqis had previously] seized some oil fields and pumped oil out for their own use. Over time they had negotiated with the Kuwaitis and they left. There was this possibility out there [that this was why Iraq appeared to be preparing to engage in military action] because there was a specific precedent for it. They had done this before and there was some thought that maybe this was what they were going to do again: just grab a couple of oil fields, intimidate the Kuwaitis, pump the oil out and then leave somewhere down the road.

But that was not what went on this time.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

That whole region is gonna go up in flames soon. Nobody better go after Israel, they'll use their nukes.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

SaadAbedine‏Verified account
@SaadAbedine
Follow
More
#Iraq is "not part" of the dispute that pits #Saudi Arabia and other Gulf countries against #Qatar, Prime Minister

Where do we get the part about Iraq aligning itself with Assad?

Is that a separate article or did the journalist just throw that out there?

Do we have a source?

new topics

top topics

join