It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venezuela blocking medicine, humanitarian aid from US/foreign groups

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Venezuela blocking medicine, humanitarian aid from US groups

The MSM has been doing its best to ignore the ongoing social collapse in Venezuela. But now we're hearing that the Maduro government is blocking humanitarian aid (food, medicine) from foreign groups, and confiscating shipments to prevent the aide from reaching the Venezuelan people.

Amid the shortages, the Maduro administration has banned numerous items sent to the country from aid agencies and families living abroad. Along with firearms, gas masks and bullet-proof vests, Venezuela has banned innocuous items like antacids, latex gloves, Gatorade and Neosporin.

Along with Move, numerous other organizations have been thwarted in their attempts to send supplies to hungry and ill Venezuelans. Many of the items that the nonprofit Sanando, which has operated in Venezuela for over 10 years, sends to the country are now banned.

Caritas, an international NGO linked to the Catholic Church, told Fusion that it has tried three times in the past month to get an import permit to bring medicines and food into Venezuela, but has so far been ignored.

edit on 6-6-2017 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Firearms and bullet proof vests hmmm?? I seems to me that they are banning specific groups from sending things, and considering that they have already intercepted armor weapons and ammo along the shipments with these medicines and food, they can just claim that the authorities are denying shipments of food and medicine.

I mean the authorities do suck and have failed the state, but lets not be coy about some of these shipments now ... Clearly someone from the outside is trying to fan the flames of civil unrest with hidden military aide.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

The MSM has been doing its best to ignore the ongoing social collapse in Venezuela. But now we're hearing that the Maduro government is blocking humanitarian aid (food, medicine) from foreign groups, and confiscating shipments to prevent the aide from reaching the Venezuelan people.

Amid the shortages, the Maduro administration has banned numerous items sent to the country from aid agencies and families living abroad. Along with firearms, gas masks and bullet-proof vests, Venezuela has banned innocuous items like antacids, latex gloves, Gatorade and Neosporin.

Along with Move, numerous other organizations have been thwarted in their attempts to send supplies to hungry and ill Venezuelans. Many of the items that the nonprofit Sanando, which has operated in Venezuela for over 10 years, sends to the country are now banned.

Caritas, an international NGO linked to the Catholic Church, told Fusion that it has tried three times in the past month to get an import permit to bring medicines and food into Venezuela, but has so far been ignored.

Depending on the types, I can see them banning latex gloves and some antacids. Especially aluminum containing antacids. I can't figure out why they would ban that sugar laden drink gatorade, it is quite tasty but I highly doubt if it would be good for anyone if they didn't eat properly. Why neosporin? I don't know. It seems to work alright but using it too often might not be good. I rarely use those things, I prefer iodine or hydrogen peroxide. The hydrogen peroxide seems to speed up healing.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I have a freind in venezuela. Her wretched government wont let me send simple packages of even protien powder, soap and tampons

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok
There is a wrong way and right way to prevent weapons and logistics support being delivered to the violent opposition. Clearly, the government does not do it right when it is preventing basic consumer goods and medicine supplies from getting in.

South America's next flashpoint has already begun.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
That list of banned items is a good one for your prepper supplies. That is the kind of things that would make great barter items in a SHTF scenario. I have an extensive file on Venezuela's current situation and a thread on it here.

Venezuela - A Real Time History Lesson

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan
Do I recall the American government blocking medicine and humanitarian aid from Cuba, post Katrina?
Just sayin'...

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Total victory of Maduro against EU orchestrated coup attempts and subversive attempts on Venezuela is imminent.
The largely pro-EU reaction of other Latin-American states to the Constituent Assembly's election a few days ago, is mind boggling.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
So called "opposition figures" arrested in Venezuela are paid EU agents.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Flanker86

I thought it was all a CIA plot?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

NGOs: A New Face of Destabilization in Latin America

Documents leaked by WikiLeaks reveal that the USAID invested some US$15 million in 300 “civil organizations” in Venezuela between 2004 and 2006, using the premise of protecting human rights and education.

The leaked report came from the political adviser of the U.S. Embassy in Caracas, Robert Downes, and described the strategic points devised by the U.S. government to undermine the government of Venezuela.

USAID not EU ...

You know the same guys who sponsored the whilte helmets in Syria :
USAID Funds White Helmets aka Al Qaeda with a Facelift

They also were active in regions that now feels the benefits of American democracy are in deep trouble :
Ukraine, Cuba, Yemen, ...

The US destabilization process of Venezuela started under Chavez and went on with Maduro.
And there is a commercial feund between US and Venezuela about ... Oil (how surprising ?). The company Exxonmobile has been evicted by Chavez of Venezuela. Exxon CEO at the time was ... Rex Tillerson.

Rex Tillerson's long, troubled history in Venezuela

Does Venezuela Need International Aid?

edit on 2-8-2017 by theultimatebelgianjoke because: -

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
The title is wrong. Venezuela is only blocking EU-backed big pharma. Other medicines are available in all stores which are fully furnished and everything is available without too much fuss despite the EU propaganda which repeats the same lies it used in 1989 against the Soviet Union. Not only that, but due to EU insistence, there's just a couple of months left before the Venezuelan army will receive Medium range and Intermediate range Ballistic Missiles tipped with miniaturized MIRVed nukes! Roughly by the beginning of November, Venezuela will have the capability to incinerate Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta or basically any other big city in the US.
What is really surprising in this Venezuela story, is actually the paradoxical alliance between the US and most latin american countries against Venezuela, and not just that! But rather, the fact that having been already destroyed by their own subservience to the EU they won't be able to do anything about it!

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Proof of your lies ?

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   
EU is the main perpetrator of the chaos in Venezuela. The date on which Venezzuela will be a nuclear armed state is getting closer now, as some south american countries led by the EU are plotting to attack Venezuela.
edit on 10-9-2017 by Flanker86 because: c

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   
considering america and europe is paying for and arming a coup against the government it's not really surprising.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
A full fledged Russian air force base, with Tu-22M and cruise missile armament and a navy base for the operation of Diesel-Electric/AIP subs might be set up in Venezuela starting withing the next few months if the situation persists.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

Dunno why but this strikes me as the exact kind of thing the US does itself and blames it on someone else.

new topics

top topics

join