It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The goal of terrorists? Apathy towards their attacks or Hate Generator.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Typically, after terrorist attacks, Cities/Countries react and change how the general populace can live freely. The Patriot Act is a good example of how the US reacted to 9/11.

Often, air travel will take a hit when attacks happen. In this case, more than 1 attack. Yet, they aren't seeing any dip in bookings to the UK.

www.bloomberg.com...

As I consider the motives of ISIS and islamic radicals, I often question their means and methods. They seem fairly indiscriminate in where and when they attack. They have killed Muslims, Jews, Christians, Europeans, Middle Easterners, Americans, Africans, etc. Which causes me to question their goals. I see them divided the globe into haters and sympathizers, which to me, does not seem like the best recruiting tool.

Is the goal to make us numb to these attacks, as the bookings to the UK seem to show?
Are they trying to get us to limit our freedoms so much that Western civilization ceases to be what it once was?

When we stop reacting to their attacks, will they lose interest and merely "breed us out" or will they up the ante? (thus generating more hate)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: cosmania

The purpose is the keep the war machine churning out profit!

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The long-term project is to create an alliance of the whole of Islam against the West.
As an essential preliminary to this, what they are doing now is trying to provoke the West into hostility with the whole of Islam.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Interesting thread....

They do not attack Israel.

Sorry, they did once, by accident, then apologised.

'Nuff said.

edit on 6-6-2017 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Considering they are apparently largely funded by the Saudi's, it would seem their only aim is to create sufficient havoc as to bring down the Western governments by thoroughly undermineing public support for those entities.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
It's always in the weirdest of places as well.

If we go off the assumption they are doing it to just kill as many of us and promote fear and hate. Then why not attack a super bowl or new years eve where if done right can kill a lot of people.

The only thing I can find that makes sense is that this is all government run. Keep the people in fear and to make a lot of money doing it with the added bonus to the populace willing giving up freedoms so they can easily control us.

Just look. It works very well.
edit on 6-6-2017 by ConscienceZombie because: silly little typos

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
Interesting thread....

They do not attack Israel.

Sorry, they did once, by accident, then apologised.

'Nuff said.

That's ridiculous, that'd be like saying the history of wars was a history of false flags...hey...wait a minute...

edit on 6-6-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I think their goal is simple.
They want to eliminate anyone who doesn't follow their extreme religious regulations.
Even other Muslims.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Not even close...

In fact your list is laughable..

The reason for every insurgency in history..all of history now..is to trick the government into over reacting to the point your population turns on them..

They do a terrorist attack..

The local government in response cracks down and rolls back civil liberties..

The government then makes a few mistakes, allowing civilians to be injured or killed at their hands..

Then the local population's opinion begins to shift..

They start wondering if the terrorists are not right, and the authority isn't the bad guy..

Once there is more blood on the establishments hands than there is on the insurgency's it's not hard to shift public opinion in your favor.

Then the insurgency looking like the lesser of 2 evils, takes power..

Successful insurgency achieved..

There are very , very few mustache twirling villains in real life..

No one cares what freedoms they have on the other side of the planet.. terror attacks on the west are specifically orcastrated to remove their local governments.

They attack, we invade and now they look like freedom fighters to the locals..

It's a story as old as time.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I think the goal is for them to rule the ME as the caliphate sees fit..

I doubt seriously they care about us past that...

Would you?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
So basically, you're saying ISIS wants to be Iran?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I think isis wants to rule the entire Middle East..

It's their actions that make them evil..

But period, if the government doesn't make big enough mistakes to shift public opinion, then insurgencies lose.. they remain the barbarians at the gates, rather than Robin Hood fighting the evil monarchy..

Firing for your cause not killing women and children are new..
insurgencies are not new..

Ya gotta ask your self why the effort??

Because some people you will never meet on the opposite side of the planet are free???

Or to establish your own empire that you get to rule the way you see fit???

All wars and most of violence period is a power play.. when concerning nation states it is always about who gets to be in charge.

Isis wants to be in charge of the Middle East and so do we.

So to oust the present leadership that is semi friendly to the west , they attack the west..

The west makes demands no soverign nation would agree to , then invades..

At that point the local population has no faith in the old leadership and every civilian casualty is makes the insurgency look like the good guys...as the west are invaders off the jump.

After that it is just a math thing until the authorities have killed more civilians than you have..

Then you install a pro you administration and sucessful insurgency, now your freedom fighters not terrorists.

top topics

join