It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reza Aslan calls for rape of congressman Todd Akin

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: andrew778

First off, calling for anyone to be raped is a horrible thought...

Secondly, I am sure if I dig a little bit I could find right leaning politicians that have said the same thing or something worse. It's not a case of liberalism...it's a case of an idiot running a mouth with no filter.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I have to say that out of all of this nonsense, and let's face it that's what it is, we've seen both parties devolve into a mud-slinging, hate filled slugfest that has no signs of letting up anytime soon. To be quite honest, I'm finding the whole thing to be just one more sign that the two-party system is in the process of cannibalising itself. Hopefully, when both parties get done mercilessly destroying each other, we'll have some level-headed moderates from both sides that can actually THINK for themselves, and not special interest groups, for the betterment of all of their constituents.

The big problem in this country is one that hangs around our supposed representatives, and their lack of actual representation. They have lost touch with the people that they are being PAID to listen to. Until we can get back to a place where the people we elect to do what's best for us actually DO SO, this stuff will not stop. These stories are all just a sign that our political system has become nothing more than a really lame drama, being played out on a world stage.

It's high time they stop the partisan nonsense, and get back to doing the People's work!!

TheBorg :-)

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Do tell, who is agreeing with this? You say you can't believe the left is okay with this yet the only person I've seen calling for anyone's rape is Aslan.

I haven't seen anyone give each other high fives over this and call it a good thing so stop with the broad brushstrokes.

No...the left won't be throwing out high-fives. But this will be ignored. Ignoring something like this from members of your group is showing your acceptance and maybe even approval of this sentiment. So by staying quiet and not punishing this individual, the liberals are giving it their seal of approval.

It is that simple and the same applies everywhere. When Trump said stupid things, even the right called him out. When racists say stupid things...even the rednecks call them out. But for some strange reason (not really...we all know) the left rarely calls out their extremists. Why? Because them BELIEVE in what they say...apparently.

If you allow it, you accept it and if you accept it you support it. You ARE what you EAT!

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: UKTruth

They hired him before or after this was said?

What if I said all Christians are ok with how the WBC operates? Wouldn't sound too smart would it?

Hired After it seems.

The leaders of the left are inclined to not sound so smart. Now you are asking if something a follower and defender of the likes of Mad Maxine Waters and the criminal Clinton's has to say would sound stupid? We would by now, naturally suspect the statement isn't going to be free of the same stupid thinking that brought us Russia, and so much more total cry-bully BS.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: andrew778
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

So you must be okay with what he said then. Since you aren't outraged by it. And I voted for Trudeau and agree with more left than right. But the left is going mad and I'm ashamed to be associated with it. Those who can't see what the left I doing have problems. The right is just as bad, actually no the left is worse.

Yes I'm fine with what he said. It's a bloody tweet.

There is truth to that and also a strong argument to not engage in mirroring the tactics of the left when it comes to rifling through someone's statements to piece together a narrative to destroy them. There is also merit in fighting back to hold the left to the same standards they apply to others. Sometimes the moral high ground in itself is not enough. I don't think it is a surprise that we're starting to see a backlash in the conservative media using leftist tactics shortly after the Whitehouse convened a new communications war room. Right or wrong, I am not sure, but equal accountability is not a bad thing.

It is no surprise. Hypocrisy knows no bounds. Free speech is far more important than any petty revenge.

Yes, but free speech dies when the consequences of such speech are applied unequally. If we are to have standards then apply them equally. We either accept no consequences for speech such as this for ALL, or we punish it for ALL.

No, free speech dies the moment people stop abiding by it and defending it, even for their mortal enemies.

AND

An individual is free to do as he wishes if it harms no one.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   

He is definitely getting promoted.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Are the same people crying over this the same people that advocate nuking the cube?
Murder families of terrorist to learn em?
# like that. You know, innocent people.
I'm curious

Kill em all hoo rah but this is over the line
Ha

Pretty much.

Wow maybe one person said that Nuke stuff. Not me and I can vouch for others.

Coming from two who think that we are racist for wanting to protect little girls from rape. While CNN has people they pay advocating a rape?

Sad to support rape while going..look over there someone else did something is a DEFLECTION.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

a reply to: seagull

It obvious we're going to disagree on this, but that sounds like consequences, not censorship. If you squint, they're much the same, but censorship, as you know, would forbid him from being an idiot, and rather a nasty individual. Consequences in no way forbid him from saying/tweeting idiotic nasty things, they merely point out there may be a price to pay for the continued idiocy.

Like Charlie Hebdo? They payed quite the price.

We will file that under what else NOT TO DO, Item # ### "don't kill people over a cartoon drawing".
ETA
Not to belittle the concept just agreeing that all should understand it is about the loss of control as you so eloquently stated earlier.
edit on 8-6-2017 by Justoneman because: ETA

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

When Trump said stupid things, even the right called him out.

Bwahahaha. Ah.. No they don't!

If you allow it, you accept it and if you accept it you support it. You ARE what you EAT!

This case is a good example of that hypocrisy. Where is the right's outrage over Todd Akins statements about "legitimate rape"?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

Are the same people crying over this the same people that advocate nuking the cube?
I'm curious

Ha

Pretty much.

Coming from two who think that we are racist for wanting to protect little girls from rape. While CNN has people they pay advocating a rape?

Sad to support rape while going..look over there someone else did something is a DEFLECTION.

Hmmm... Seeing as how I wasn't talking to you in that post it looks like you got yourself a guilty conscious.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Coming from two who think that we are racist for wanting to protect little girls from rape. While CNN has people they pay advocating a rape

What are you talking about? Raza Aslan reacted to Todd Akin's "rape culture" comment, that if a woman gets pregnant it wasn't "legitimate rape! That is NOT protecting "little girls" from rape! That's protecting rapists!

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

I'm curious

Ha

Pretty much.

Hmmm... Seeing as how I wasn't talking to you in that post it looks like you got yourself a guilty conscious.

Yea, i agree you weren't, but your always so slanted that it seems as if we have a need to level the playing field. Like Sgt Joe Friday in Dragnet would say , "Just the facts"!

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Coming from two who think that we are racist for wanting to protect little girls from rape. While CNN has people they pay advocating a rape

What are you talking about? Raza Aslan reacted to Todd Akin's "rape culture" comment, that if a woman gets pregnant it wasn't "legitimate rape! That is NOT protecting "little girls" from rape! That's protecting rapists!

I am observing a similar thing as others about the double speak on children being hurt by some. A rhetoric that ignores the plight of little girls and boys world wide . Those children that are in one of the 'Cultures" that think child rape is a part of life for children need help as if it were your family. Either rape is obnoxious to you lefty's or it is not. For the middle and right of middle rape is to be prosecuted in a fair trial with supporting evidence and every effort to root out the source of such depravity.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

What is more repugnant that rape, is downplaying and dismissing the victims claims, blaming the victim by declaring "You wouldn't be pregnant of it was really rape".....i.e.; "You asked for it", and/or "You enjoyed it".

What's more repugnant than rape is protecting rapist while decrying those who are calling them out.

You want to see child rapists raped in jail? Of course you do! I feel the same way about those who blame and punish women when they get raped!

edit on 8-6-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Is that how you are defending being triggered by me talking to someone else? You MUST have a guilty conscious. Guess my words hit way too close to home for you. Your ego couldn't stand not letting my words be and ignoring them.
edit on 8-6-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Is that how you are defending being triggered by me talking to someone else? You MUST have a guilty conscious. Guess my words hit way too close to home for you. Your ego couldn't stand not letting my words be and ignoring them.

Ok i will act like i was born last night, if it makes you feel good to do so. I will take no offence at words. You can even call me whichever slur you like d'jour as if you were like a good soldier of the Democrat party.

So you suggest that I should never interject when I see a wrong? I should bow to idiotic ideas and forgo thinking logically?
edit on 8-6-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

When Trump said stupid things, even the right called him out.

Bwahahaha. Ah.. No they don't!

This case is a good example of that hypocrisy. Where is the right's outrage over Todd Akins statements about "legitimate rape"?

PROVE your statement. Go ahead...I'm waiting.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

... ANNNND the triggering continues. I guess you are getting upset now that I'm not taking your bait to get into some petty and pointless argument with you.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

The title says it all. I'm dumbfounded that the left is okay with this

Whataboutisms - the presidential way to go. Should've added that to the tweets in charge...

We must stop being politically correct and get down to the business of security for our people. If we don't get smart it will only get worse

Brave New Trumpetry

Yeah. Pipe up, smart-asses?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

ATS threads are littered with Trumpettes defending the stupid stuff their Dear Leader says. I'm not going to litigate examples one by one!

edit on 8-6-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join