It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jailed NSA Leaker Reality Winner: Being White is Terrorism

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I thought someone just said it carried over from the military.

When a new president is elected, is every government employee replaced. That's a No, correct.

they do, I left active duty in 07 my Secret clearance is running out this month, any federal agency would just request and receive your last hack for clearance and if everything was good with the paperwork accept it as is.

I do not recall when she left the Air Force but as a linguist she undoubtedly had TS, so 7 years after she got it initially she would need a rehack but even if it expired the fact she was cleared for TS once would give her a leg up on hiring because instead of a full blown investigation they only approach it as a re-hack for an already given clearance.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Given she is 25 and spent 6 years in, she can't have been out very long.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

So yea if she entered at 18 she either got hired right before it expired or they just did a simple re-hack.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: Irishhaf

Given she is 25 and spent 6 years in, she can't have been out very long.

that's where I was going with my post. She was cleared however long ago, and it's still active. And I sure hope they keep a look on folks, but I wasn't OSI, so I just don't know.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Of which prob 3 years learning languages

Thats quite a feat!

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I'd say that they cleared a person who was intent on leaking docs shows a pretty poor clearance procedure.

How would they have known she would eventually leak something. Hell, I would say that she didn't even get in to her position with the intent to leak info.

You're being disingenuous and blaming procedures for the act of one individual.

If not, then why don't we have leaks all over the place? Looks more like she was possibly "streamlined" in with a sponsor or something....if that's the case then I'd like to see who sponsored her as they should be reprimanded as well. That's the only way she could get clearance quicker and would suggest an actual conspiracy.

Are you just making things up? It appears you have no clue what you are talking about.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: iWontGiveUP

I just going to say that, looking at here physical appearance.
Where did she learn those alleged language skills ?

At that age, it is questionable, or was it from childhood ?
Which opens another can of worms.

Buck

edit on 6-6-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

DLIFLC in Monterey

My old stomping grounds

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I haven't looked a lot into it, but it seems she publicly said whiteness is terrorism, sided with Iran (an enemy of the US), expressed hatred for Trump.

I could be wrong, but I bet if there were people in the intelligence community during Obamas years saying how evil they thought he was, I bet he would have wanted that person out.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

What does it matter? She's going to prison. Does it change the document she stole?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
There is practically nothing in the document
that was not already known.

That's just icing on this real winner.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

I haven't looked a lot into it, but it seems she publicly said whiteness is terrorism, sided with Iran (an enemy of the US), expressed hatred for Trump.

I could be wrong, but I bet if there were people in the intelligence community during Obamas years saying how evil they thought he was, I bet he would have wanted that person out.

Who cares what he would of wanted? You can't just fire people because of their personal political opinions they have outside of work.
edit on 6-6-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: iWontGiveUP
Why does the NSA still utilize "civilian contractors"???

Sigh..........

Because the NSA is not a military org?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: iWontGiveUP

How could someone that smart act so foolishly ?

I was going thru the breakdown of her activities.
She printed the docs at 6:20AM on logged and dotted printer.
She had to know she was leaving a trail a mile wide.

There was no effort made to conceal anything.
She admitted to the act during the first round of questioning.

IMOP she was being ran or handled (encouraged) unknowingly and felt the act was worth the sacrifice.
That's why i called her a Shahida.

The political objective has been achieved at very little cost to anyone.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

Another Pysop

The he part on the FBI doc could be an honest mistake
But, then again!!!

🍿

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Grambler

Who cares what he would of wanted? You can't just fire people because of their personal political opinions they have outside of work.

What? Of course they can!

So if this woman sided with a foreign enemy publicly, the intelligence community just has to say "Well shoot, theres nothing we can do."

Do you really believe that? Wow.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY
Government really does need to try harder at not letting the lunatics into classified job positions. Futhermore it pisses me off knowing these kinds of people have these jobs while I'm stuck working at the job I am currently. Losers get the best jobs and the good people like myself are stuck doing meanial jobs.

F*ck you Winner and those like you.

She worked for a private contracted company...not the government.

So YAY for privatization!

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: iWontGiveUP
Why does the NSA still utilize "civilian contractors"???

Sigh..........

Because the NSA is not a military org?

THAT, and the right-wingers WANT to privatize everything.

What happens is you have to hire MORE feds to monitor and enforce even MORE regulations on private contractors...

Spending even MORE MONEY.

Some things should NOT be privatized. National security, military, law enforcement, prisons...But HEY, I'm sure they'd be ALL about privatizing those things, along with COURTS too.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I agree with Network Dude. This smells like a honey trap or a psyops. My big question is this; who redacted this letter? Did Ms. Winner receive this letter redacted? If so, this letter does not show the means and method of the supposed hacking. Without this it is just a accusation without proof. Also, she should have known that this letter had no real substance without the redacted parts. That makes me wonder if this is a psyops for her to be a mole in the left's organization. Or she is just a very easily manipulated patsy.

If she performed the redaction, then the question is why. Doesn't make sense if she wanted to be a whistle blower.

I bet there is no way to do a FIOA that will show if this document was part of a real investigation or made for a sting operation.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Correct:

Winner was an employee at Pluribus International Corporation based out of Alexandria, Virginia. She was then assigned to a government agency in Georgia. She was an employee at the facility since February 13, and held a Top Secret security clearance.

Heavy

What's more:

She allegedly told agents that she knew that she wasn’t allowed to share the intelligence reporting that she obtained, and she was aware that using the information for a news report could cause damage to the U.S. by a foreign nation.

With regards to Pluribus International:

Pluribus International Corporation is a small business, based in Alexandria, Virginia, that specializes in high-quality analytical, training, and operational support to Federal Defense, Intelligence, and Law Enforcement customers. Our clients today include the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA), the Missile Defense Agency (MDA), U.S. Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM), and other national intelligence clients. Pluribus International is founded on the principle that honesty and integrity in our actions and dealing with the customers, employees and industry partners is uncompromising. We place quality and excellence above profit and are totally dedicated to our belief that our commitment to our customers and pointed focus on their critical requirements will enable us to provide the highest standards of dedicated service and responsive support to our country's ever-changing requirements. At Pluribus we never seek growth for growth's sake alone. We possess a strong patriotic commitment to perform work that matters to our country.

LinkedIn

With those agencies as clients, it would seem to me that this company should do a good deal better job at vetting their employees.
edit on 6-6-2017 by jadedANDcynical because: pluribus

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join