It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jailed NSA Leaker Reality Winner: Being White is Terrorism

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I find it interesting how she was busted with the docudots identifying the printer

Here's how it's done:
blog.erratasec.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The psyops coming up soon are bigger than this one.

That is the understatement of 2017

Its only matter of crime..........er, I mean time.

Buck

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Those used TS clearances may not be as valuable as they used to be.

Maybe re-evaluate people, from time to time.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Government really does need to try harder at not letting the lunatics into classified job positions. Futhermore it pisses me off knowing these kinds of people have these jobs while I'm stuck working at the job I am currently. Losers get the best jobs and the good people like myself are stuck doing meanial jobs.

F*ck you Winner and those like you.
edit on 6-6-2017 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

In this case, Reality is not the Winner by telling the truth.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

every 7 years for TS and every 10 years for Secret.

Now whether or not the people assigned to the check are diligent... who knows.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: seasonal

Uh huh...
This goes right along with the name post above.
Totally irrelevant to the story.

Guys? Really?

Take it easy on em. Got to let em get their obligatory punches in at the "crazy lefties" and they are not beyond using something as stupid as a name to do it.

We're not dealing with people that swim in the deep end of the pool. They hunt in the shallow end.

Apparently so do those hiring during the Obama administration for Top Secret government jobs.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jaellma

In this case, Reality is not the Winner by telling the truth.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Uh huh...

Guys? Really?

Take it easy on em. Got to let em get their obligatory punches in at the "crazy lefties" and they are not beyond using something as stupid as a name to do it.

We're not dealing with people that swim in the deep end of the pool. They hunt in the shallow end.

Apparently so do those hiring during the Obama administration for Top Secret government jobs.

I have yet to see anything that would have disqualified her from getting her clearance. Taking jabs at the previous admin for this is partisan and lazy.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

Wow. Who would have thought this would happen. She should have kept up with technology and how it gets you.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Leaking Classified Information DOES NOT fall under the Whistle Blower Act......... you agree to that when you sign your paper work to get your clearance.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Those used TS clearances may not be as valuable as they used to be.

Maybe re-evaluate people, from time to time.

It's hard to disagree with you when things like this happen. I guess just after we figure out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop, we should figure out how long it takes to radicalize the average person.

link   
I read that she was hired for the job in question this year.

link   
So let me get this straaight.

The people that are hailing this woman as a hero are doing so because she released info that supposedly shows Russia tried to hack some election offices.

The reasoning behind Russia doing this was to cause doubt in the US people for their election systems.

So isn't this woman releasing this info actually helping achieve exactly what Russia wanted?

Whistleblowing about government corruption like snowden did or about government killing innocents like manning did is one thing.

But how is this heroic?

And if you are going to whistle blow on something like this, why not release proof? Instead, she just releases a document from the NSA saying russia did it, with none of their data or their reasoning for this conclusion.

How is this news? We already had the NSA tell us Russia hacked people, and then tell us they can't show us the proof. So she released another document from the NSA that says Russia did it, but we can't show you the proof.

The assumption that this somehow hurts Trump is absurd. But like the people on this board, I am sure that this woman somehow thought that.

The very people on ATS and elsewhere that have cheered on the NSA for publicly claiming the Russians hacked things are now somehow claiming that they were covering up and not releasing this evidence?

So which is it, are the NSA to be trusted because they said it was russia, or are they covering up and so I shouldn't take their word in the future?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Don't they watch people in these positions and note a difference in their personality, actions, statements?

Big Brother getting lazy?
edit on 6/6/2017 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
I read that she was hired for the job in question this year.

Might have been, but the clearance takes longer than this year has been around so she was vetted by the previous administration. TS clearance takes at least 4 months but is typically a LOT longer. There are ways to get pushed through faster but not that much faster.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

This is their version of wanting to believe that Obama was born in Kenya. Like that. This time around, they want to believe that Russia hacked the election so that Trump really isn't the president.
edit on 6-6-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Uh huh...

Guys? Really?

I have yet to see anything that would have disqualified her from getting her clearance. Taking jabs at the previous admin for this is partisan and lazy.

I'd say that they cleared a person who was intent on leaking docs shows a pretty poor clearance procedure. If not, then why don't we have leaks all over the place? Looks more like she was possibly "streamlined" in with a sponsor or something....if that's the case then I'd like to see who sponsored her as they should be reprimanded as well. That's the only way she could get clearance quicker and would suggest an actual conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I thought someone just said it carried over from the military.

When a new president is elected, is every government employee replaced. That's a No, correct.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

These people are all hired because of who they know or knew in the past.
Not because of merit, skill or ability.

They blow thru the security checks like the wind and always come up perfect, no matter what's in their real background.

Years ago, a courier transporting TS Docs, stopped at a strip bar and got drunk, his car was stolen with the container still inside.
A certain group paid a drug dealer's enforcers to locate the vehicle and when it was recovered, lucky the seals on the container were still intact.

He was somebody's brother-in law.
This kinda stuff happens all the time, you just never hear about it.

Buck

edit on 6-6-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join