It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why We are Divided

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: veracity

They can not discriminate based upon race, color or religion. That's it.

Other than that, it's at the owners discretion.

No shoes, no shirt, no service.
Exactly. Go down the street and get your cake somewhere else instead of making a big scene about it. Some relgions don't accept gay marriage, isn't the discrimination thing really in play when we force a business owner to do something against their religion? It's why I brought up the bacon from a jewish deli analogy.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Simple answer is you don't need a religion to be married. Another is that sexual preference is not a basis for discrimination in the eyes of the law.

As to the Jewish deli, they could easily say that they don't sell bacon.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
there is not a list of what you can or cannot discriminate on. You cannot discriminate at all. Gays and trans people are in the spotlight now.

Look I am not making this up

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

But you are.
www.washingtontimes.com...

civilrights.findlaw.com...

There is a list and the SCOTUS has not yet ruled on the whole cake thing.

Chick Fil A ring a bell?
They are still in operation although some cities have banned them.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
there is not a list of what you can or cannot discriminate on. You cannot discriminate at all. Gays and trans people are in the spotlight now.

JinMi's post indicates that you are indeed making it up.

(post by veracity removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

ahhh, that means you can go be a jerk and discriminate all you want to gays and trans...go, jerk off
Thanks for permission.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Race/color/religion. Being a jerk is not listed. Sexual orientation is not there yet either.

?

not sure if I understand you.

what I am saying is that discrimination is illegal. business owners have to be very careful knowing that in how they treat their guests as well as their employees.

I hate to tell you this, but discrimination is NOT illegal. No one will be put in prison or impose court mandated fines based on discrimination.

Also, if you need examples.

1. The NAACP discriminates against every race outside of African American. They do not allow anyone other than their race to participate in the benefits of their organization. If it was illegal, the organization would be shutdown and everyone one running it would be in jail.

2. Black and White supremacy groups: They are discriminating every day, why aren't they in jail if it's illegal to discriminate.

3. Church is one of the worse places for discrimination based on religious belief. They don't force you to be there, but if you don't have the same beliefs, the congregation will run you out. - Discrimination at it's finest. When was the last time you saw a Muslim in a Baptist church or vice-versa preaching their beliefs? It doesn't happen.

Now, if you are just stating that discrimination is illegal in the corporate world, ethically it is wrong and if proven a corporation COULD, NOT WILL, be sued by the individual and the may win, but the court system will not impose a fine to the corporation for the act because they did not commit a criminal act.

edit on 7-6-2017 by KnightFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnightFire

Race/color/religion. Being a jerk is not listed. Sexual orientation is not there yet either.

?

not sure if I understand you.

what I am saying is that discrimination is illegal. business owners have to be very careful knowing that in how they treat their guests as well as their employees.

I hate to tell you this, but discrimination is NOT illegal. No one will be put in prison or impose court mandated fines based on discrimination.

Also, if you need examples.

1. The NAACP discriminates against every race outside of African American. They do not allow anyone other than their race to participate in the benefits of their organization. If it was illegal, the organization would be shutdown and everyone one running it would be in jail.

2. Black and White supremacy groups: They are discriminating every day, why aren't they in jail if it's illegal to discriminate.

3. Church is one of the worse places for discrimination based on religious belief. They don't force you to be there, but if you don't have the same beliefs, the congregation will run you out. - Discrimination at it's finest. When was the last time you saw a Muslim in a Baptist church or vice-versa preaching their beliefs? It doesn't happen.

Now, if you are just stating that discrimination is illegal in the corporate world, ethically it is wrong and if proven a corporation COULD, NOT WILL, be sued by the individual and the may win, but the court system will not impose a fine to the corporation for the act because they did not commit a criminal act.

i think the problem between us is that we have different ideas of what discrimination is.

The NAACP does not discriminate. Just bc one does not wish to participate in an activity does not mean they are discriminated agains so...no discrimination there.

supremacy groups are allowed to have their own meetings and share misery amongst themselves. (no discrimination there), however, If a white supremist opens a cake shop and puts a sign out in front of his shop "no blacks allowed"...that my friend is discrimination.

Churches are a protected sanction for beliefs and I dont know what sort of churches you have been to but a congregation will not run anyone out, and someone with NOT the same beliefs will not go into a church to begin with so...no discrimination there.

I AM talking about the corporate world, it IS illegal but not all cases end in fines or jailtime, it is case by case, i agree with you there, However, if you open a business, it would be smart just to not be a jerk.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

ahhh, that means you can go be a jerk and discriminate all you want to gays and trans...go, jerk off
Thanks for permission.

just know that I really do not think you are going to go be a jerk, am i right?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I think we will just agree to disagree then.

edit on 7-6-2017 by KnightFire because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join