It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why We are Divided

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: thekaboose

Some people (er most) just prefer to court with people whom are actually a male or a female, even regardless of their sexuality, or even their race.

These trans types EXPECT that the 'problem' their condition creates on them, that the root cause is 'actually' the "problem" of society. And to me that is immoral.

Has there ever been a more twisted mass display of (lacking a better term) "double standards"?
edit on 6-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Wouldn't be better to actual discuss what the ideal should be instead of getting hung up on the extreme sterotypes.

Net neutrality

Everyone gets equal access to the Internet

No fast/slow lanes

No terrible cable style 'bundles' pay scheme for the internet

Get an FCC president who doesn't/hasn't worked for the telecommunications corporations. Seems like a conflict of interest.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

it's easier to control a divided people.

Hey You, Pink Floyd

Hey you, out there in the cold
Getting lonely, getting old
Can you feel me?
Hey you, standing in the aisles
With itchy feet and fading smiles
Can you feel me?
Hey you, don't help them to bury the light
Don't give in without a fight

Hey you out there on your own
Sitting naked by the phone
Would you touch me?
Hey you with you ear against the wall
Waiting for someone to call out
Would you touch me? Hey you, would you help me to carry the stone?
Open your heart, I'm coming home

But it was only fantasy
The wall was too high
As you can see
No matter how he tried He could not break free
And the worms ate into his brain

Hey you, out there on the road
Always doing what you're told Can you help me?
Hey you, out there beyond the wall
Breaking bottles in the hall Can you help me?
Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all
Together we stand, divided we fall

edit on 6-6-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   

You cannot salvage this system. People need to wake up and realize what is controlling their minds. We are too busy fighting eachother while there is a bigger threat to us and it is nonhuman. Invasion of the body snatchers can be a metaphor or the reality.

The only way for civilization as a whole to survive is to go back to the moral basics of the ten commandments. But even then we may be doomed to repeat the same mistake over and over again because the victor tends to re-write history. There is always a usurper trying to undermine others for their selfish goals and world domination.

Politics, left or right, no matter which side you are on within that small box, you're on the wrong side.

With that said, this system was meant to fall. All signs are pointing to it as well as events unfolding.

Those who believed in Hillary or Trump, still got the same out of the package because they both serve the same corporate/ babylonian/jesuit masters.

This is the reality, and in the meantime we fight one another while winter is coming.

The only thing I can say for sure, judging by how we act towards one another, is that none of this will end well. Tribulation was prophecized long ago, and it is picking up pace now as we speak.

If you all want to blame someone or something, look in the mirror after turning off your T.V.
edit on th2017000000Tuesdayth000000Tue, 06 Jun 2017 06:25:27 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoTue, 06 Jun 2017 06:25:27 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

Cuz of this.

You are exactly right. We are divided because a skunk can't smell his own stink.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

There's no wake up. There's no outside the box. It's really quite simple. As long as nothing changes the people benefiting from today's set of laws will continue to get richer and richer. It's really not that hard to understand. People who do not benefit are screwed.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   

My opinion?

We all used to want the same things before. We only differed in how to go about getting those things.

Now?

We want different things. That's what is dividing us.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Cuz of this.

You are exactly right. We are divided because a skunk can't smell his own stink.

Such is the sickness of Narcissism. Unfortunately, this is what T.V teaches people. To idolize themselves only while screwing over the rest. You can tell a society is sick, with all the selfies going about. This is narcissism.

It is not hate to speak the truth. The truth is meant to hurt but also meant to help grow spiritually after it destroys the ego.

Narccism blames everyone else but themselves. Thus we have a society which was taught by the ways of the narcissist.

Simple psychology will teach you this discernment. Which is why I encourage people to learn psychology and the traits of narcissism. That is when people will realize the core of the problem is the mainstream media/ T.V.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Hell, they might even get off on it.

Cats and their most ultimate stank cat spray certainly do.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: SoulSurfer

You cannot salvage this system. People need to wake up and realize what is controlling their minds. We are too busy fighting eachother while there is a bigger threat to us and it is nonhuman. Invasion of the body snatchers can be a metaphor or the reality.
If you all want to blame someone or something, look in the mirror after turning off your T.V.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Why are we divided? because the age of reason is officially death.

The new generation of spoon feed media by media news to young adults and failed education system is behind the new age of dissenters and anti free speech unless is one sided.

Do I feel worry? no, they will go no where with the new attitude but to get a police record that will hunt them for life.

I already raised my children and did it the best I could and I'm proud of the result, now is their time to make sure their children grow to differentiate stupidity from facts.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   

a reply to: SoulSurfer

It's really quite simple. As long as nothing changes the people benefiting from today's set of laws will continue to get richer and richer. It's really not that hard to understand. People who do not benefit are screwed.

But who's fault is that though? We tend to feed the very system that is killing/enslaving us. Money is the lifestream of this system. It is the blood that keeps this system alive. Unfortunately it is tied with human need to survive. (unless you live off the grid, but there are those who do not live off the grid and within cities.)

The way I see it after years of researching and finding truths hidden beneath. We are in BIG trouble as a species. I see the endgame clearly. And it does not have a happy ending for anyone.

We are too distracted to even notice the real enemy, both within and without.

2 things society needs to break down apart.
1. the image in the mirror
2. The reflection of the mirror in the world.

Narcissists in their state of mind will never figure it out. But perhaps there is still some hope within the few of you who are awake. But that is a very small hope.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

That's just it.

A lot of opening the ears consists of listening to everyone talk about why their lives suck and it's all your fault for being who and what you are. They don't want to hear in return that while maybe some of their problems might have to do with external factors, they might have made choices on their end that screwed things up too.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DiaJax
So why doesn't everyone take off their party hats and just pick topics that both people can get behind. Like net neutrality. I'm positive no one wants Internet censorship.

Hmm?

Ah, but either way you look at it - government control, non government control - there stands to be the risk of censorship.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

a reply to: DiaJax
I just got two emails from my ISP for movies I downloaded from Torrent six months ago lol. I want net Anonymity.

For us, net neutrality means we can load up episodes of LEGO kids' shows On Demand for our kiddo and while the commercials always run perfectly, the show itself lags and stutters terribly.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I agree, the think is that no everybody sucks, the live we live is due to the choices we make.

My life is good, life is good, I live very well and happy.

But those that can never achieve happiness because they chose no to doesn't want me and other to be happy either, they want to screw life for everybody else.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I also think that language has been distorted too.

I've posted often enough about how left and right paradigms talk about different things when they talk about concepts like "justice." Ha! It occurs to me we can't even agree fully on what left and right paradigms are and what ideology dominates either one.

If we can't even agree to a common language when we talk, then we are definitely in trouble.
edit on 6-6-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Social justice is to justice, what social media is to media.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   

1% of the country wants to punch me.

Not a high number, but 50% wants to defend them.

We are divided because half the country can't be bothered to open a history book.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Social justice is to justice, what social media is to media.

Sort of, but before that, the more left leaning concept of justice got rooted in the idea of equal outcome as justice. We on the right might call that fair rather than justice.

We tend to think of justice as more equal treatment under the law - something that's been sadly eroded in this country too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join