It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why We are Divided

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
How does your brand of kool-aid taste? How do you prefer your lies? At the risk of speaking for everyone, I'll do my best to only speak for me. We are divided. Maybe it's along party lines or maybe it's across gender belief. Maybe it's economic or perhaps liberal rights. Pick an argument and you are sure to find someone to argue. Hell, sometimes I like to pick a losing side in hopes to gain some perspective and knowledge.

What is vital is that this divide really isn't as important as social media/Hollywood/MSM would make you believe. Think about going through your everyday lives and out of the hundreds of people you may see each day you actually have some sort of grievance with. I'm sure you can name a few per day if you tried but lets be honest. They aren't that many by comparison.

So, why are we here? Well it's simple. Many slices of the pie are easier to manage. Micro-manage if you will. I see the threads and the conversations happen in real time. Questions like "how do we fix it?" or "where do we go from here" are the ever common eventuality. Well, take it from this no-one from nowhere on the internet, if we can not agree on simple commonalities, things will never get better.

Think about it this way, what would change if we all called our representatives on the same day with the same simple grievance. What if we all stopped paying our taxes for a week or more. What if we all marched under a similar cause on our state houses?

So, what are these similarities? Can you name one or more? Government bloat and taxes would be mine. Social security a close third.

By no means do I expect a hand holding peace dance but FFS, the majority to have things in common and I think it's high time to focus on those to get our representatives to do our bidding!

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI
You are right. Many of us see the handwriting on the wall. I just hope that it is not too late.

I just posted a thread that I feel covers some of the questions of how we got to this place, and it covers what may be the planned end game.

We do need to work together in taking back control, I just think we are running out of time.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Well we are always running out of time. What that means.....who knows.

The collective we are fodder, collateral damage, pawns when divided. When united, we are exactly what the constitution appoints, the people. Every right is under some sort of attack and scrutiny and with every day that passes, a little more is eroded away. While each right may not directly pertain, as a whole it will and while one may not care for firearms as much as speech, it is important to realize they are one in the same.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   

I don't feel divided. I feel defensive.

I feel like our liberty is being taken and everyone wants to argue minutia. I say do you, but don't expect everyone else to do it too. I already know what is important to me. I don't need your help spending my time, resources and money.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Does this mean we can't share ice cream?

Do you think/feel you're alone in your thoughts? Are you an island in your woes of diminishing liberty? I don't need your money nor resources. Perhaps some time, but I already got a few seconds!

Point is, this is an all or nothing game. All rights or no rights. The people or factions.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Cuz of this.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

See that work ethic molecule? That can be exploited and used, same with the personal responsibility node. Common sense particle and sense of humor cells can be enlarged based upon an somewhat open mind.

There is commonality.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Gotta cut that blame America synapse out or deport them all, they're like a virus that will grow and infect more and more until the host country is destroyed.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   

I would be happy to be your friend.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   
liberalism is a mental disorder and as long as more liberals are turned out every year in our education systems and media, then division will not stop.

Some people, no matter how much propaganda are going to be able to use common sense and think for themselves, they will not be liberal.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   
To put it blunt, you will find that a lot of the "right" are getting annoyed with thought policing that is coming from the left with insane logic like this

The war of meme's and the internet in general that allowed a lot of people to voice their concerns over how they are being forced to act by a minority who has all the same rights as everyone else but whom believe they are held back by the white man.

A lot of the right who feel this way would defend the lefts life choices and freedom of speech but do not want to be policed on what they can think or say themselves. Seeing some of the videos and stories coming out of America to us in Blighty just make you seem insane.

Spoilers - Not all left are like this, in the same way not all right are nazi's

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   

We are divided by design. Our whole human community is divided by design, Think of the things that divide us.

politics
religion
economics
sport
race
colour
the nature of business

Most of this division is of our own (human) making, As Montagu Norman, Governor of The Bank Of England, addressing the United States Bankers' Association, NYC 1924. Said "By dividing the voter through the political party system, we can get them to expend their energies in fighting for questions of no importance."

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Why we are divided, you ask?

Very simple, really. Or perhaps I'm over simplifying it... But whatever...

Somewhere along the line, the amount of not listening to others began to outweigh the amount of listening to others.

This is hardly a recent phenomena...but it has begun to reach alarming proportions.

No one group is to blame, as I said, it's been happening for a long ass time.

Might I suggest shutting the mouth, and opening the ears, 'cause that constant roar coming out of the mouth is drowning everything else out, and it somehow or other, shorts out the brain.
edit on 6/6/2017 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Might I suggest shutting the mouth, and opening the ears, 'cause that constant roar coming out of the mouth is drowning everything else out, and it somehow or other, shorts out the brain.

Open thy ears to who(m)? Breitbart? CNN? Infowars? MSNBC? TYT? Michael Savage?

Each talking head has their own agenda and in only fuels the divide. Who is out there speaking of immediate concession of frivolous terms to the benefit of a greater cause. Who is out there saying there are more important things and that holding up the constitution on equal premises are mandatory?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   
"Why We are Divided"?

WHAT?!?!?

He Will Not Divide Us!!!!

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Each other, maybe? Instead of listening to someone who want to tell you your opinion...how about you talk to people of differing opinions and make up your own mind?

Seems a reasonable thing to me...

Now you may end up agreeing with those you mentioned...but you'll have got there on your own.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I think the issue is that people from "both sides" have tried this, but alas have been met with someone from the far left/right. No room for movement in those conversations.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   
So why doesn't everyone take off their party hats and just pick topics that both people can get behind. Like net neutrality. I'm positive no one wants Internet censorship.

Hmm?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DiaJax
I just got two emails from my ISP for movies I downloaded from Torrent six months ago lol. I want net Anonymity.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DiaJax
So why doesn't everyone take off their party hats and just pick topics that both people can get behind. Like net neutrality. I'm positive no one wants Internet censorship.

Hmm?

It's interesting watching liberals 'get behind' "Net Neutrality" while screaming for all the social media's to censor every view besides their own / contrary to theirs as "hate speech".

When their vocal "minority" is supported by, or at least the discussions are deflected/derailed/ignored by the supposed silent 'majority' within them, how is anyone to be expected to find a middle ground with them?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join