It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump PR implodes when asked about Saudi Arabia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError
How can you keep looking past this ? Are your heads so far up your masters bums that you can't see past the partisan crap and demand some answers ?

Speaking for myself only, I don't want to see the US Economy crash and burn. The Petro-Dollar and our alliance with Saudi Arabia is the only thing keeping that from happening. They help us, in return we help them. It's not ideal, but it's the reality of the situation. Realism Trumps Idealism, for me at least.

Terrorism is flourishing because of your alliance. I guess we should sit back and accept that too so the Petro Dollar doesent crash ?
Millions of people are suffering because of this perverted alliance. But kudos to you,at least you admit that your government is the problem and not the solution

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   

How can you keep looking past this ? Are your heads so far up your masters bums that you can't see past the partisan crap and demand some answers ?

Speaking for myself only, I don't want to see the US Economy crash and burn. The Petro-Dollar and our alliance with Saudi Arabia is the only thing keeping that from happening. They help us, in return we help them. It's not ideal, but it's the reality of the situation. Realism Trumps Idealism, for me at least.

Terrorism is flourishing because of your alliance. I guess we should sit back and accept that too so the Petro Dollar doesent crash ?
Millions of people are suffering because of this perverted alliance. But kudos to you,at least you admit that your government is the problem and not the solution

"our" alliance... ours alone??
YOUR govt as well. MANY govts.. and thats not counting the countries and organizations that Saudi "donates" to.. billions, second only to the US of dollar amount in aid.There is a hell of a lot more at stake here than PertoDollars. All of this world money flow and dealing started in the late 60's early 70's. Do people think this just happened due to Trump, only with Trump, ONLY the US under Trump??? Good lord... people can not be this blind.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage
Do people think this just happened due to Trump, only with Trump, ONLY the US under Trump??? Good lord... people can not be this blind.

Trump is only the latest example. Trump is just one of many other hypocrites you've had in office. My government hasn't participated in any of the oil wars your government has been a part of but we are paying the price for it today.
Blind you say ? Do you recall Trumps rhetoric about Saudi Arabia before he was elected ? He told Hillary to return the money she got from Saudi Arabia, a country that was using women as slaves and throwing gays of buildings. Very same idiots who apllauded him for his harsh stance on Saudi Arabia are today defending him for the very same thing they criticized Hillary for. Some of you guys eat up that crap and want more of it. Unbelievable

edit on 6-6-2017 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Oil is going to be used for many moons. That isn't the problem. It is paying for it in US $$$.

Isn't this the reason we are doing deals with the Saudis? To keep the Petro-Dollar system. Which was my point from the beginning.

Saudis strengthening their military means the US won't have to come to their rescue like last time. Them having a stronger military is a benefit to the US.

Exactly! And, unlike many other countries, Saudi Arabia is paying for their weapons..and top dollar at that. Keeps moms and dads in America putting food on the table, putting kids through college, etc.. etc.. We need more "friends" like Saudi Arabia. (IMO of course)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   
What does democracy have to do with SA anyway?

Do they vote for who will be king?

Iran otoh, have rigged elections and pretend to be democratic, like north korea and the DNC.

It was another stupid ass question and he drifted off into a fantasy about the reporters and a large school of piranhas.

edit on 6 6 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Any country, yours, mine, anyones, who cannot exist financially without Saudi Arabia, deserves to collapse, and should collapse. People who can justify MASSIVE wrong doing by saying "I approve it because it makes my pathetic existence easier" are the lowest form of filth.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   
If you think about it, oil is made of carbon and hydrogen, water is made of oxygen and hydrogen. Carbon, hydrogen, oxygen are 3 of the 4 most abundant atoms in the universe. Oil is probably the most abundant substance on the planet after water. It's not going away any time soon. It's going to be around for billions of years.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
The $110 billion arms deal to Saudi Arabia is fake news

so, not contracts, but letters of interest or intent, and

Moreover, it’s unlikely that the Saudis could pay for a $110 billion deal any longer, due to low oil prices and the two-plus years old war in Yemen.

Trip was a personal ego booster for POTUS, a public show against Iran, a PR tour for Trump Organization SA properties. Well, at least one out of three reasons might justify spending tax payer dollars.

It's not just Russians who buy apartments from the Trump Organization. Last Summer at a rally in Alabama, Trump declared, "They buy apartments from me. They spend $40 million, $50 million. Am I supposed to dislike them? I like them very much.” Besides being a useful tool for the Russians, Trump is a useful tool for the Saudis. Hence, the Saudis made sure to put on quite a show with this visit. They like him, they really like him... with apologies to Sally Field for the paraphrase.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: desert

So... "unlikely" is the new term for the sweet spinning?

The two that made the news — a $110 billion arms deal and a $100 million gift to an Ivanka Trump-inspired endowment — are remarkable in their own right.
But the third, which was rolled out much more quietly, is no less stunning: The Saudi kingdom joined forces with a top outside adviser to Trump to build a $40 billion war chest to privatize U.S. infrastructure.

TRUMP’S “AMERICA FIRST“ INFRASTRUCTURE PLAN: LET SAUDI ARABIA AND BLACKSTONE TAKE CARE OF IT

Is your head in the sand or in some neocons ass?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Yes, that is the reason we do alot of things.

Some people would argue that the $$$ we spend in the desert could be spent much better and lower the cost of oil.

Way over simplistic yes, the BRICS are talking about a diff currency, when they get all for real'zeez's that is when the bodies hit the floor.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

As you read in my source, there would still be money spent for arms.

You will know the Trump deal is real when Israel begins to ask for a package to keep the Israeli Defense Forces’ qualitative edge preserved. What is coming soon is a billion-dollars deal for more munitions for the war in Yemen. The Royal Saudi Air Force needs more munitions to continue the air bombardment of the Arab world’s poorest country.

Glad you brought up SA money to Buy American.... Buy America. American drivers will no longer pay taxes to fund roads but instead pay tolls to SA. American "toll booths" will become "eadad kishk".

When the United Arab Emirates attempted to use the state-owned company Dubai Ports World to buy six U.S. seaports in 2006, it generated significant controversy, stoked by right-wing media figures like Lou Dobbs and Democrats such as Sen. Chuck Schumer of New York, was saw an opportunity to damage then-President Bush. The deal eventually fell apart, as Dubai Ports World sold off its stake. By contrast, the Blackstone-Saudi deal has not registered much comment.

And this is the way America ends, not with a bang but a deal.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Apologies and thanks for clarification!

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

.... my regret is this is not across from a real table... BTW some may say I'm way too old for this, but I like RTJ. "i Like Mike".... play on the ole "I like Ike" button... yeah, I may be old, but I know what I like...

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
What does democracy have to do with SA anyway?

Do they vote for who will be king?

Iran otoh, have rigged elections and pretend to be democratic, like north korea and the DNC.

It was another stupid ass question and he drifted off into a fantasy about the reporters and a large school of piranhas.

Democracy is not only about elections but also about basic rights such as that no one may be discriminated against on the basis of their race, religion, ethnic group, or gender among many other things.

No wonder you think the question was stupid when you don't even understand what democracy is
edit on 6-6-2017 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Rare horses. I wanna be like that when I'm old, you have a new subscriber!

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Your realism is nothing but a bad fantasy. If our economy has gotten so bad that we have to rely on terrorist to keep it afloat then it's time it crashed and burned.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

"I wanna be like that when I'm old" When you're young, keep your eye on the land you want to sail to, steer by the star you choose, but remember that you have to set your sails differently depending on conditions around you.

Hey, I mentioned above about the past port controversy. Lo and behold, I just found out that a SA company now holds 100% of a major American refinery. From May 3

Saudi Arabia Now Controls the Largest Oil Refinery in North America

U.S. President Donald Trump appears to have backed off repeated campaign promises to wean the United States off foreign energy. In campaign speeches, Trump vowed to gain independence from “our foes and the oil cartels” (presumably referring to the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, of which Saudi Arabia is a member), and threatened to curb Saudi crude imports if Riyadh didn’t pitch in more troops to the fight against ISIS.

Trump has since backed away from those statements, and U.S.-Saudi relations appear to be flourishing based on recent bilateral meetings. So, at least for now, the latest Aramco deal may be a win-win situation for Washington and Riyadh.

the last sentence.... we may get tired of all that winning one day

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Hell yeah!

Aramco... There are 2 trillion good reasons to get tired of all that winning, actually. This is just the start. Saudi Arabia's Vision 2030 reform plan is going to bring german toll equipment (SIEMENS) into the States as well, I reckon. We've sold them quite the package, including 24/7 surveillance on highways with all the good voyeur stuff in guidance systems.

Riyadh is going to buy all the military industry they can get in order to produce for themselves, that was part of the recent deal as well. Great idea to grow mil-ind complexes like weed in this beacon of humanism, what could possibly go right?

edit on 8-6-2017 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Look at the power in those googles, goodness gracious. I salute my fellow solider, I can see people waving on maps, from across the street!

As for the question, if a reporter can ask a legitimate question like that and the rep pauses like that, then whatever is occurring is all wrong. All wrong. But the same thing was happening with Obama and his crew. Hell, Bush had his moments, which is possibly why they got reps taking "more" questions rather than a Q&A from the pres.

Just imagine Trump in that room, answering questions from those guys and gals? Nah, like my fellow binocularily equipped comrade take the L.

And he keep it real when he responded, he didn't even answer the question.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join