It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Difference Between EVIDENCE and SMOKE ?.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
June 5, 2017

Yesterday, anti-America CNN anchorman JAKE TAPPER asked Senator Mark Warner if his investigative committee has found any EVIDENCE of Trump-Russia collusion, to affect the 2016 Presidential election. Senator Warner responded with...

"Listen, there's a lot of smoke. We have no smoking gun at this point. But there is a lot of smoke."

From Source Article: www.realclearpolitics.com...

What is the difference between SMOKE and EVIDENCE? That word SMOKE has been used by every liberal politician and media outlet, at least once per hour since the Trump-Russia "witch hunt" started. I always thought smoke IS evidence that a gun has recently been fired.

WHAT will it take for the liberal media and liberal Democrats to let this Trump-Russia obsession go? Their dogged determination to hurt the President of the United States, is steadily reducing their chances of picking up ANY seats at the Federal, State, or Local level..for YEARS.

-CareWeMust

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
When smoke is all you got, smoke is what you go with.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Evidence is what 'they' had on Clinton ... and decided she was somehow "above prosecution".

Smoke is what they've got on Trump. I'd like for them to please spell out what potential laws were broken. So what if he got help from the Russians. Clinton was taking wheelbarrows of help from the Saudis. Is this another 'crime' Clinton is not being punished for??

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

The "smoke" talking point is scripted. I saw Joe Manchin use it yesterday on one of the Sunday news shows. He's one of the last old school Democrats left. When I see him giving in to Alt-Left talking points I know the fix is in and the leftists have taken over the DNC.

edit on 5-6-2017 by SBMcG because: Bill Clinton's wife is involved Pizzagate. Ask Carlos Wiener.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Ive decided Im not bothering with this smoke nonsense. I can tell you.. MANY of us who have voted for Trump for one reason or another will line up to bash him if anything is actually found. We just wait for the evidence rather than emotional reactions to ... smoke. Besides smoke is a funny thing... it can accompany fire, be a lot of it when you put the fire out.. but mostly used to hide things. Smoking guns VS smoke screens?? The latter is most likely.

With Clinton there were things with plenty of evidence, things with circumstantial evidence, BS things, and one very recent most truly unforgivable thing with solid evidence: Benghazi. It just cant be allowed to fade away into the memory hole... there MUST be some accountability.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
When you try to light a wet log, you get a lot of smoke, but there is no fire.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego
When smoke is all you got, smoke is what you go with.

So when SMOKE upscales to EVIDENCE...then you have the GUN?

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

If that's the case, then the EVIDENCE that the FBI had on Hillary should be resurrected and looked at by someone who's "impartial"...like a Special Counsel.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

Apparently so. A quick Google search shows that every Democrat involved in the Trump-Collusion investigation has been throwing that "Plenty of Smoke" phrase around ever since February. Senator Warner especially. He has a fixation with the word "Smoke". Feb 3, 2017: www.washingtontimes.com...

I'll have to do some research on the "Alt-Left" term. I have no clue as to who/what they are. Thanks for the tip!

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Apparently so. A quick Google search shows that every Democrat involved in the Trump-Collusion investigation has been throwing that "Plenty of Smoke" phrase around ever since February. Senator Warner especially. He has a fixation with the word "Smoke". Feb 3, 2017: www.washingtontimes.com...

I'll have to do some research on the "Alt-Left" term. I have no clue as to who/what they are. Thanks for the tip!

Don't bother researching "Alt-Left". I made it up to describe the new militant, group grievance-based, hate-fueled left that has taken over the Democrat Party.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Liberal Media and Democrats seem to be integrating MIRRORS into their SMOKE screens. Kushner is one of those mirrors. He has nothing to do with Russians "meddling" in the U.S. election.

Like I said, Democrats are digging their own grave with this witch hunt.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
When you try to light a wet log, you get a lot of smoke, but there is no fire.

I think liberals are seeing the "steam of hate" rising off of each other, and think that it's smoke from Trump.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

Don't bother researching "Alt-Left". I made it up to describe the new militant, group grievance-based, hate-fueled left that has taken over the Democrat Party.

OK..so whenever I read about the cursing, hate-filled head of the DNC (Perez)...think "Alt-Left". Got it!

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

An electron microscope.
Second line.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

a reply to: Advantage

Liberal Media and Democrats seem to be integrating MIRRORS into their SMOKE screens. Kushner is one of those mirrors. He has nothing to do with Russians "meddling" in the U.S. election.

Like I said, Democrats are digging their own grave with this witch hunt.

I agree... very much so. I hope that a new kind of old Dem can experience a renaissance though. Get back to their roots.. same with the right. Its becoming so the Left and some of the Dems.. yes, I see a distinction between the 2... are losing a lot of credibility. I mean, I want some balance.. not a far right monopoly on thought and policy any more than I want a far left one. Either extreme equals chaos for our country.

People are so unaware of how the world actually works that they see scary Russians around every turn.. when it makes sense that we have a close working relationship with them, Saudi, etc etc. Like it or not we are a world connected. Diplomatic channels and quiet agreements have NEVER been such a horrible thing in the past.. when their people did similar. Talk about being willingly led by the nose through the media. If you bring it up casually where they cant google it, they cant speak with any knowledge on the big Russian "reset" fiasco.. that was Clintons baby. Its just strange whats an issue and what isnt depending on who theyre smokescreening... and who is actually guilty of interference.

The left also hasnt thought through the whole ousting Trump thing, either. Impeachment isnt understood by most, means nothing as far as the goal of getting rid of Trump, and if Trump is gotten rid of.. Pence is who they prefer?? Ive been finding it very hard to understand what exactly their goal really is other than chaos for the sake of it.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

OK..so whenever I read about the cursing, hate-filled head of the DNC (Perez)...think "Alt-Left". Got it!

Yeah, that Perez is a real piece of work.

Good for Republicans, LMMFLWAO!

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Smoke - as in 'smoke and mirrors'.

They have nothing. If they did, you can guarantee it would all be in the public domain because leaks, but alas - #-all.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   
It's really simple.

Smoke is "soft" evidence as opposed to hard evidence.

Hard evidence is finding the actual murder weapon, or a video of a person committing the murder.

"Smoke" is having a clear suspect, determining they have motive, determing they have the means... knowing they just bought a gun 24 hours before the murder... knowing the suspect has no alibi for the time of the murder... And having 6 character witnesses saying the suspect is violent and has said in the past he has intended to commit this murder...
That's what smoke is.. smoke is having everything except the 1 or 2 irrefutable things needed to feel completely comfortable prosecuting the case.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

The leakers are those who love Democrats, I think. People like that Reality Winner, who was arrested recently.

Senator Mark Warner said yesterday that Comey isn't the only one whom Trump made inappropriate requests to..

"Warner said he plans to ask Comey, as well as Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats and National Security Agency Director Michael Rogers, whether Trump pressured them to downplay the Russia investigation, as has been reported in news outlets."

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Smoke is a desire for evidence.

You know the saying, blow smoke up your ass?

That's what can make it more powerful than evidence, if people are into that kinda thing.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join