It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you bound by partisan?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboya reply to: JinMI

Good boy's, very good boys, yes you guy's are..

Now follow me and do as I say.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Will there be ice cream?

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

I may or may not agree with all his tweets, but I do find it refreshing that he isn't the typical PC cookie cutter and will say whatever he wants, whenevee wants and however he wants.

Good or bad, for whatever that's worth.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I can't think of anything witty to say.

So...

Yes there will be ice cream.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Can I ask what he would have to do for you to drop support of him?

If he is in fact not genuine and conning us all. As of right now, I still believe he is sincere.

Personally I'm not fond of his personality or demeanor, who really is? but who am I to judge him?

Policy wise, I don't really care much about policies unless it directly affects me, but I believe he has good intentions with most of his policies, it's the media misconstruing it.

Honestly, I've said before that I don't really support much about him. I support the possibility that he is genuine and is against the elite left.

That alone is enough for me.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I'm bound by common sense.

I didn't want Trump, but I'll take him over Hillary any day. I'd take a monkey F'ing a football over her. He was the only person besides Rand Paul I would of voted for, still not sold on Ted Cruz, but would of took him.

I'm more of a Ron Paul guy to be honest. Talk about rigged elections he got screwed by the media, Dems and Republicans.
He would of been perfect it would of pissed them all off.

I voted for Bill Clinton, was with him right up until the point he lied.. "Depends what your definition of "is" is."

Hate everything Bush, whole family should be in jail along with Cheney.

Didn't vote for Obama, but wanted to believe the first term, that died fast.

Basically think the 2 party system is a sham. I wanted change and an end to the corruption, a bull in a china shop.. Trump seems to be doing a bang up job... =]

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Will there be ice cream?

Hopefully not Ben & Jerry's with a strict scoop count.

edit on 2017-06-05T22:35:55-05:002201705America/Chicago6 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Have fun with your echo chamber.

Many on this site can see through politics.

Many on this site wanted him to follow through with what he said.

We'll see.

That being said, the anti Trumpers are about as abrasive as the Trumpers.

Both blindly following agendas disguised as ideology.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Did you read the OP or all the comments? It's hardly an echo chamber. Got a pretty good mix of responses.

I don't need an echo chamber either.

My intentions were to actually invite the anti trumpers, but not many showed up.

Which says something.

And surprisingly the tone of this thread has been anything but abrasive.

But thanks for reading(?).

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I wholeheartedly agree. However, as I am sure you already realize, that mentality isn't particularly appreciated amongst partisans on either side because it calls for an ounce of accountability. Something neither side wants to have.
edit on 6-6-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

there are some things he does that I just can't defend, so I remain quiet.
It's my opinion that a regular guy even a millionaire can say stupid #, but when you are the president of the US, you don't have the same option. You need to choose your words carefully and think before you speak. I realize that Trumps ability to say what he means is something lots of people admire, but I'd prefer he impress us with his actions and STFU for a bit. I realize I am not in the majority with those thoughts, but otherwise, I will defend against the stupid stuff. He's the president and will be until he's not. Nobody has to like it, but everybody has to deal with it.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Lol a thread about being partisan only addressing supporting Trump. I guess partisanship as a Trump supporter is ok but partisanship against him is awful. Also, before you say anything I supported Trump's pick for SCOTUS. Gorsuch.

OP appears to be living in a glass house throwing boulders. Hey OP, defend your own lack of partisanism. Name some things that you don't approve of Trump doing.
edit on 6-6-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I do admire that he is unwilling to change himself for other people, he knows who he is and is very unapologetic about it. That's a very strong character trait. Doesn't mean that I approve of who he is or like the way he carries himself, but I do accept that this is just who he is. It's refreshing to see, good or bad we just gotta deal with it like you've said. And it's much easier to accept than complain about imo.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

If you want to make a thread concerning the partisans of the right you can. My thread is very specific for a reason. Doesn't mean I don't acknowledge it from the right either.

Some things I don't approve of Trump? Sure.

I don't like his character. He lies all the time, he's an egotistical maniac, a narcissistic insensitive prick with a loud mouth. Who like that?

I disagree with his stance on Science, I believe science plays a vital role for humanity and would be naive of him to dismiss it.

I disagree with his stance on drugs and crime in general. We don't need stricter laws on drugs, we need the opposite actually.

We don't need to overcrowd prisons with drug users.

In fact, there aren't many things I do support of Trump.

But guess what i do support? The possibility that he is genuine and really is against the elite left.

Don't know how many times I can emphasize this point, but this ALONE is enough for me to defend him.

OK you're turn. What are some things he could do that would turn you into a supporter?

ETA: also wanted to point out that if I'm wrong and Trump is not genuine and is in fact conning us all, I wouldn't think twice about condemning him and would stand alongside you doing so.

edit on 6-6-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Trump would have to grow some humility, learn to admit wrongness, study the Constitution, engage the liberal base for their opinions on how to run the country, stop assaulting our checks and balances just because they hold his agenda up, and stop insulting everyone who disagrees with him are among the few things of many many many many MANY more that he would have to do for me to ever support him.

Since I don't see any of that happening with a 70 and change year old I've already written him off. I will continue to judge his decisions as non-partisan as possible, but I truly do not like the man and feel like he is poison for the country. I gave him a chance in November and he choose to toot his ego instead of sealing wounds he, himself, opened during the elections with his antagonistic behavior. Call me partisan if you will, I don't care. I know that Trump is on the wrong side of history and I will not compromise my beliefs to support that buffoon who makes zero attempts to endear himself to me or anyone who doesn't immediately agree with everything he does or says without question.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Can't say that I disagree with anything you've said.

He's far from perfect, no doubt, but he's also not this demon he's painted out to be. Personally, I can look past all of his character flaws (nobody is perfect), I can look past some of his misguided or short sighted decisions (he was never a politician), merely on the fact that I still believe he is sincere and trying his best. He deserves a chance, something he hasn't got since his inauguration.

For me it has nothing to do with partisan, trust me. It's very simple for me, this may be the last time in history that there is a chance to stop the elite left, and that's the risk I'm willing to take.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

The idea that there is an elite left is itself a partisan claim. If the elites were truly against us then Trump, as a billionaire and having admitted to gaming the system in the past, would be in that club and it would be non-partisan (since partisanship is the ruse that is used to distract from their shenanigans). I don't see him as special. In fact, he comes off like EXACTLY what I would picture as a stereotypical rich asshole that makes up the elite asshole stereotype. This says nothing to the fact that Trump used to be buddies with the Clintons, used to be a Democrat, and his daughter and son-in-law would BE liberals if it weren't for being associated with this administration.

Furthermore, the right has just as many rich assholes as well. You guys complain about Soros and his funding campaigns, but largely ignore that the Koch brothers spend FAR more money promoting their causes. There have also been many draconian policies (like the PATRIOT Act) that have been started by the right too.

But then again I also don't believe in the NWO conspiracy that you are pitching to me, I just see flaws in the reasoning you've given me.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Well this is where we'll just have to agree to disagree. Time will tell.

There is no doubt in my mind that the elite are exactly who I think they are. As for Trump being one, of course he is and that's why I trust him in this fight. You fight swamp monsters with swamp monsters. Anyone other than the 1%er themselves, and this is a losing fight.

The fact that Trump has pissed everyone off the way he has, especially the elite left only vindicates my beliefs even more. No one in history has been demonized and attacked the way Trump has, so either this is the greatest master plan of all time, or what we are witnessing is real.

I'm taking that chance.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
No one in history has been demonized and attacked the way Trump has

Oh PLEASE! Lincoln. JFK. Even Reagan had an attempted assassination. And that is just American politics. You said all of history with you hyperbole. So throw in Julius Caesar, William Wallace, Joan of Arc, Gandhi. These are all off the top of my head. I can easily grain down into the nuance and show that even politicians that didn't meet an untimely end have been treated worse than Trump. That statement you just said is BEYOND ridiculous if you know anything about history.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Like I said, we will just have to agree to disagree. I stand by everything I've said. To me it's incomparable but I'm not going to sit here and spell it out to the T for you because you've clearly already made up your mind.

<< 1    3 >>

join